IGNORED

Tipper has to undergo open heart surgery tomorrow and releases EP to help him pay costs

o00o

Guest tht tne

give me money to have a surgery that ensures i can extort you for more money by selling you music

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

give me money to have a surgery that ensures i can extort you for more money by selling you music

ban this muppet

Guest tht tne

ban this muppet

right back atcha lover

Crap, after budgeting for food and gas this month I spent all my spare money this month on Zach Braff's kickstarter campaign.

:sad:

Stupid joke aside, I really hope the surgery goes well and he can recuperate physically and financially after this. There are certain musicians who are noticeably talented and sincere, even if they don't exactly appeal to you personally. Tipper is one of those without question. He's something of a producer's producer. I first heard this track in an Aphex DJ set and I think many others have as well. One of those classic "fuck, why haven't I heard of this guy!?" moments.

Wonder why he's not getting this done on the NHS?

Who would of course incur zero costs.

I wondered that too, but mostly out of ignorance of the nuances of NHS - perhaps the waiting time made him opt for private surgery?

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rightsandpledges/Waitingtimes/Pages/Guide%20to%20waiting%20times.aspx

I really don't know, I don't want to derail the thread it some kind of healthcare discussion either, but anyone with any idea? I just wish him well either way. From I've gathered he's had health issues interrupt his touring and live performances for a few years now.

Any update on this? I don't have FB

Be okay Tipper :(

I just checked and the most recent comment on yesterday's thread is from 3 minutes ago:

Just so all of you know. The operation was a success and he is ok !

man open heart surgery is fucking crazy. My grandpa got it done about 10 years before he died and I remember him sitting me down when i was a kid and explaining to me how without a machine he was technically dead, and he proceeded to explain to me the technology behind a heart and lung machine. It still creeps me out big time to think about how you essentially have a machine breathing for you and pumping blood during the operation and without it you would not be alive.

good luck pull through. ordered but music This product hasn't been released yet. The second* it's released you will be notified by email and can be the first to have it! *This item will be available for download on 2013-07-01 at 12 am GMT.

* not right this second

Archived