IGNORED

New Boards of Canada Interview

YangYing

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And finally ... will there be live shows taking place around the record? Do Boards Of Canada still exist as a live entity?

Eoin: We've been busy in our rehearsal space lately, so never say never.

tumblr_inline_mfhsineNOZ1ro2d43.giffaint.gif

lemon-faiint.giftumblr_m727m8Ubb31roun4c.giffainting-lady-o.gif

And finally ... will there be live shows taking place around the record? Do Boards Of Canada still exist as a live entity?

tumblr_inline_mfhsineNOZ1ro2d43.giffaint.gif

lemon-faiint.giftumblr_m727m8Ubb31roun4c.giffainting-lady-o.gif

fucking lol! this!^

Guest jasondonervan

fainting-lady-o.gif

fucking lol! this!^

Yep, many lols had here earlier (and again now). Can anyone point me in the direction of the source for the one I've left there... I need to know that lady is okay, so that I can continue laughing without feeling like an evil person.

Looked into some of the books they recommended; "You Are Not a Gadget" Jaron Lanier is quite an interesting person.

You Are Not a Gadget (2010)[edit]

In his book You Are Not a Gadget (2010), Lanier criticizes what he perceives as the hive mind of Web 2.0 (wisdom of the crowd) and describes the open source and open content expropriation of intellectual production as a form of "Digital Maoism".[14] Lanier argues that Web 2.0 developments have retarded progress and innovation and glorified the collective at the expense of the individual. He criticizes Wikipedia and Linux as examples of this problem; Wikipedia for what he sees as: its "mob rule" by anonymous editors, the weakness of its non-scientific content, and its bullying of experts. Lanier also argues that there are limitations to certain aspects of the open source and content movement in that they lack the ability to create anything truly new and innovative. For example, Lanier argues that the open source movement didn't create the iPhone. In another example, Lanier claims that Web 2.0 makes search engines lazy, destroys the potential of innovative websites like Thinkquest, and hampers the communication of ideas like mathematics to a wider audience. Lanier further argues that the open source approach has destroyed opportunities for the middle class to finance content creation, and results in the concentration of wealth in a few individuals—"the lords of the clouds"—people who, more by virtue of luck rather than true innovation, manage to insert themselves as content concentrators at strategic times and locations in the cloud.

I really feel like Tomorrow's Harvest is the antithesis of a lot of music, and the circle-jerk hype machines of mainstream music journalists, that dominate the internet.

Looked into some of the books they recommended; "You Are Not a Gadget" Jaron Lanier is quite an interesting person.

In his book You Are Not a Gadget (2010), Lanier criticizes what he perceives as the hive mind of Web 2.0 (wisdom of the crowd) and describes the open source and open content expropriation of intellectual production as a form of "Digital Maoism".[14] Lanier argues that Web 2.0 developments have retarded progress and innovation and glorified the collective at the expense of the individual. He criticizes Wikipedia and Linux as examples of this problem; Wikipedia for what he sees as: its "mob rule" by anonymous editors, the weakness of its non-scientific content, and its bullying of experts. Lanier also argues that there are limitations to certain aspects of the open source and content movement in that they lack the ability to create anything truly new and innovative. For example, Lanier argues that the open source movement didn't create the iPhone. In another example, Lanier claims that Web 2.0 makes search engines lazy, destroys the potential of innovative websites like Thinkquest, and hampers the communication of ideas like mathematics to a wider audience. Lanier further argues that the open source approach has destroyed opportunities for the middle class to finance content creation, and results in the concentration of wealth in a few individuals—"the lords of the clouds"—people who, more by virtue of luck rather than true innovation, manage to insert themselves as content concentrators at strategic times and locations in the cloud.

I really feel like Tomorrow's Harvest is the antithesis of a lot of music, and the circle-jerk hype machines of mainstream music journalists, that dominate the internet.

interestingly atom tm recently posted a lanier interview on his fb....

interestingly atom tm recently posted a lanier interview on his fb....

no kidding...yeah I'm surprised I haven't heard of him before

(and that reminds me that I need to check out more of uwe schmidt's discography)

Guest jasondonervan

WTFLOL

Make him holding the import Tomorrow's Harvest CD!

My pleasure, chief.

0KFRX0Y.gif

WTFLOL

Make him holding the import Tomorrow's Harvest CD!

My pleasure, chief.

0KFRX0Y.gif

LOOOOOL!

Should have put a Bleep logo on his hat!

jDUKO3p.gif

Right, I reckon I've earned myself a beer for this one.

Holy shit! I'm mailing you the internet right now... it will probably get there before your Bleep preorder, though.

Archived