IGNORED

Tomorrowland - the lamest festival in the world

Ivan Ooze

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

too bad The Big Chill went extinct, I really wanted to go someday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-20982953

the big chill was one of the best festivals i ever went too. good shit. they had 200 seperate food stalls from about 150 different countries, i had some of the most interesting and delicious food going all weekend.

For food and atmosphere, you should really try to get to Sziget. Music varies a lot, headliners are not always that interesting (sqaurepusher played there once, though) but there's a bunch of little tents and stages with world music, electropop and all kinds of stuff. And there's an ambient tent hosted by the Cokxpon Ambient Society. I need to find an ambient society in my neighbourhood lol. It's huge, over 350.000 people, but it's on an island in a river in the middle of an awesome city (budapest) and the atmosphere is very loose. You can put your tent basically anywhere.

I used to do the Bill Chill every year and slowly saw it turn from a cultured well mannered, clean festival into a trendy corporate Nathan Barley wankathon. Shame as the valley it was set in was amazing as long as it didn't rain too much.

Shambala is like the best bits of the Big Chill and better if slightly smaller, highly recommended with good food everywhere (not that I actually eat much food at festivals).

Yep, I'm afraid the same thing's gonna happen to Sziget. The biggest recent change was the removal of the metal venue, probably so they could hire more expensive pop/rock/dance headliners with their tight budget.

I've seen some cool shit there, though. Barons of Tang, Trentemöller (he's a great dj IMO), chem bro's, kakkmaddafakka, katzenjammer, heideroosjes, blah blah lots of stuff I don't remember quite clearly.

Food is one of the most important things for me on festivals, haha. Shambala looks good too, lots of stuff I haven't heard of but would like to check out.

Has anyone been to Outlook festival in Croatia? There's a new one called Dimensions by the same organization and there are some good names on here: http://www.dimensionsfestival.com

I was planning to go Bangface but alas. Just went to Dour last week but would like to do another one this summer. I love festivals not just for the music but because it's so easy to approach anyone in such an open atmosphere. It's a different planet compared to this trainride.

So what is the best kind of music festival then?

i went to DOUR FESTIVAL a couple of years ago, i swear to god they put the whole thing on a garbage dump, the stench was there the whole time but i saw Merzbow, Sunno))), autechre, venetian snares, otto von schirach and a shitload more, it was cheap, not pretentious and all ages are aloud to enter

to me a good festival is one with people that actually deserve to be on a stage, not a billion euro snob festival with turds being whoreshipped like gods

psy-trance fest (hmmmmmm, psy trance)

I wanna buy a colourful 90's shirt that depicts a UFO-landing and get stoned at a psytrance festival. Any recommendations? I'm dutch.

psy-trance fest (hmmmmmm, psy trance)

I wanna buy a colourful 90's shirt that depicts a UFO-landing and get stoned at a psytrance festival. Any recommendations? I'm dutch.

well a quick google search brought me to this interesting website:

http://www.goatrance.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=psyevents&file=index

Just went to Dour last week but would like to do another one this summer. I love festivals not just for the music but because it's so easy to approach anyone in such an open atmosphere. It's a different planet compared to this trainride.

So what is the best kind of music festival then?

i went to DOUR FESTIVAL a couple of years ago, i swear to god they put the whole thing on a garbage dump, the stench was there the whole time but i saw Merzbow, Sunno))), autechre, venetian snares, otto von schirach and a shitload more, it was cheap, not pretentious and all ages are aloud to enter

to me a good festival is one with people that actually deserve to be on a stage, not a billion euro snob festival with turds being whoreshipped like gods

This. Went to Dour last week for the fourth time in 5 years and it's still the most relaxed festival I've been to. The diversity in music is just completely my cup of tea, although I never have more than 5 or 6 names I really wánt to see. Saw De La Soul/Wu-Tang Clan/Jurassic 5 after Godflesh/Amenra/Shining and Aphex/Vsnares/Otto/Space Dimension Controller and loads of good d'n'b/reggae/house/disco/rock/anything. I have discovered lots of good music just by walking by some tent. Also, it's never been too crowded, which can't be said for every other festival I went to, the food is fine and the people are awesome.

The stench has dissapeared since at least 2010 btw :emotawesomepm9:

Has anyone been to Outlook festival in Croatia? There's a new one called Dimensions by the same organization and there are some good names on here: http://www.dimensionsfestival.com

I was planning to go Bangface but alas. Just went to Dour last week but would like to do another one this summer. I love festivals not just for the music but because it's so easy to approach anyone in such an open atmosphere. It's a different planet compared to this trainride.

my girlfriend used to swear by Outlook but she said the last time she went it seemed all the tossers had got wind of it and didn't have the same atmosphere. Also the drugs were very expensive there.

I'm off to Boomtown next week dressed up as a crack whore in pink!

• 1 month later...

I just don't like being in a place with thousands of people... I don't care about the atmosphere. It could be a line up of all my favorite acts in the world. I still wouldn't go. I like intimate small places.

I went to a very questionable festival with friends last year. Bamboozle. Skrillex, Foo Fighters, Incubus. Yep. But I had fun because of friends and drinking and craziness and girls. Incubus was rather quite good, I have to say. Lots of girls peed themselves waiting in line or whatever. A girl we were campng with just pissed her pants when we were walking back to the bus. Then she ran into the ocean and we had to go to a store so she could buy new pants. She was very nonchalant about it. Good story, I know.

Archived