IGNORED

Tomorrowland - the lamest festival in the world

Ivan Ooze

You should go. Free your mind and your ass will follow. You must break through the IDM barriers in your mind with Selena Gomez humping your leg during Bassnectar or something.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should go. Free your mind and your ass will follow. You must break through the IDM barriers in your mind with Selena Gomez humping your leg during Bassnectar or something.

ok I'm in!

selenagomez-vanessahudgens-sb0111.jpg

too bad The Big Chill went extinct, I really wanted to go someday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-20982953

the big chill was one of the best festivals i ever went too. good shit. they had 200 seperate food stalls from about 150 different countries, i had some of the most interesting and delicious food going all weekend.

I live very close to this thing. I can hear it in my room if the wind is rigwrong. I think it's great. This way a lot of the unengaging dance gets separated from other festivals with some form of dance music.

The music is the least important thing to those in Tomorrowland. If had a chance to get laid with a drugged european hottie, I'd go there too, if it wasn't more expensive than just paying a hooker

you need a festival to do that?

@ video stream, so many drugs. You could probably make millions filtering it back out of the toilet water, and reselling it the next day.

all human waste disposal services become nonfunctional within 3 hours at events like these

@ video stream, so many drugs. You could probably make millions filtering it back out of the toilet water, and reselling it the next day.

all human waste disposal services become nonfunctional within 3 hours at events like these

It's not a real festival without rivers of effluence. FACT

The music is the least important thing to those in Tomorrowland. If had a chance to get laid with a drugged european hottie, I'd go there too, if it wasn't more expensive than just paying a hooker

you need a festival to do that?

touché

too bad The Big Chill went extinct, I really wanted to go someday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-20982953

the big chill was one of the best festivals i ever went too. good shit. they had 200 seperate food stalls from about 150 different countries, i had some of the most interesting and delicious food going all weekend.

For food and atmosphere, you should really try to get to Sziget. Music varies a lot, headliners are not always that interesting (sqaurepusher played there once, though) but there's a bunch of little tents and stages with world music, electropop and all kinds of stuff. And there's an ambient tent hosted by the Cokxpon Ambient Society. I need to find an ambient society in my neighbourhood lol. It's huge, over 350.000 people, but it's on an island in a river in the middle of an awesome city (budapest) and the atmosphere is very loose. You can put your tent basically anywhere.

"Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery" - Mayan Indian

Take away the music, and what you are left with is a gathering of people, whose main intention is to have fun. A gathering of people, for the purpose of fun. Who cares if it's club music, or IDM, or DnD, or unicorns, or whatever-- it is a beautiful thing. Granted, prolly lotta assholes there, but that shouldn't take away from the main intention. Conceptually, it is beautiful. On the other hand, shopping malls are gatherings, with intentions of convincing people they need shit that they don't, making people feel inferior due to concepts of fashion/body image/higher and lower social statuses, etc. Tons of other gatherings, that are far worse than any dance festival.

Given the view that the people who would be interested in Tomorrowland are shit- and given the view that the music playing there is shit- is it so wrong for such shit people to gather to enjoy their lives amongst like-vibed peers?

*returns to relaxing to unreleased Stockhausen vinyl, on $475,000 listening setup in music listening room made with African blackwood (room designed by the team responsible for Tokyo Opera City concert hall, ~$3.7million, 2 years to complete my listening room), sipping 1989 Suntory Hakushu (2009), whilst munching McDonald's french fries*

It would be a beautiful thing, if only it were that pure. But the festival goers are to have an ignorant consumer's fun; people are led to think they'll experience a di Caprio style of freedom as seen in 'The Beach', but what they get is quite far from it.

di Caprio style of freedom

I've always found festivals lame, even with good music. It's just not my thing I guess. In fact, from a musical perspective, most gigs seem dubious - you don't really need to pay the bloated price of a ticket nor a band to have a party with people you don't know, and if it actually is about the music, then most of the times live sets don't really add anything at all except maybe a bit of hero worship. I don't know.

I've always found festivals lame, even with good music. It's just not my thing I guess. In fact, from a musical perspective, most gigs seem dubious - you don't really need to pay the bloated price of a ticket nor a band to have a party with people you don't know, and if it actually is about the music, then most of the times live sets don't really add anything at all except maybe a bit of hero worship. I don't know.

I agree, i think that i used to like going to see music because it gave me an excuse to go out with my mates and get drunk, or support other mates who were on the bill, it was a lot more fun when the whole concept was new though. But then later you decide that from a music listening experience perspective, the audio qual is usually not so good, you probably can't see much of what's going on anyway unless it's an intimate venue, etc. Hip hop is the worst for this, the worse. I got a lot more out of jazz gigs because nothing was overdriven usually and it was a smaller setting with talented people that knew how to mould their sound so that it fit the structure that it was bounding through.

The last festival i went to involved a lot of walking around, trying to avoid the mud, being annoyed that everything sucked. One act had some funk in their beats, but they stopped right after i started dancing. Maybe i should use drugs, lol.

I dont mind the prices of tickets because you go to a show to support an artist you like. Also there's a sort of magic and energy when you're packed in a room with a bunch of other fans, you just cant get that listening to the studio recording.

Anyways, concerts and shows make me feel a little better about downloading an artist's music for free without paying them. :emb:

Archived