IGNORED

DMX Krew - Where is a good place to start??

Guest MastaN8

Guest MastaN8

I love 80's electro-hop and really didnt give this guy much of a listen untill now... I know he's got 6 albums out on rephlex... Where should I start?

My favourites are We Are DMX and Collapse of the Wave Function. We Are DMX is total shameless 80s style synthpop, and Collapse is like a bangin' version of 70s German electronic music.

Guest Papillon

Nu Romantix is very good. I didn't really like sound of the street when it came out but I haven't listened to it in a decade so I should take another listen.

This is from Nu Romantix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y80uObOrpxY

DMX Krew is one of the most underrated and consistently high-quality artists around the IDM/Rephlex crowd IMO.

Not to mention, he's a super nice guy, he actually responded to my message on facebook about a production technique on one of his tracks... plus he's awesome enough to put up this site - you can see his studio (circa like 2008?) and he even sampled a ton of his gear for listens and gives a few tips on how he does his music.

Big ups to Ed

Guest Hanratty

I know all the early stuff, and it's great, but can anyone describe his recent output? Is he evolving? how so? I kind of thought his music was maturing from the little I heard, and I don't remember what I heard.

Archived