IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

Probably last post from me in this thread unless I have a flash of inspiration tonight in the pub.

Are there any cool places you would like to play a gig? Weird locations, cities you have never been too, famous buildings?

They have started doing gigs in the dungeons at Oxford Castle, this would be an awesome ae gig experience. Not sure what the acoustics are like though :emotawesomepm9:

Somewhere like Jodrell Bank would make an epic autechre experience.

Also PLZ get Grischa Lichtenberger or Oberman Knocks (or both) to support you on your next tour. And Rob Hall again.

Cheers thanks

Feltch out.

jodrell bank kind of owns really, that or blue john mines/white scar caves, and a gig inside the untersberg might be a total mindfuck

cheers

If you could give yourself some cyborg-like upgrayedd what would it be?

i'd like the same range of hearing as a cat

and the same for vision, i'd like to be able to see into the uv

Either of you suffer from migraines with an aura (that look something similar to this) -

Roger_Heaton_Migraine_Images_1992Small_e

First time I had one I thought I was going blind, now I embrace the fractalline (is that a word ?) beauty of them ... until the nausea and headache sets in that is.

my questions kinda got skpped earlier but - these I just really want to know -

1. How much unreleased material do you guys have in comparison to actually released material

2. I know you mentioned earlier that you guys aren't allowed to release under even your own names - but do you guys work separately sometimes on things that you guys don't agree on and leave them unreleased for the future?

Either of you suffer from migraines with an aura (that look something similar to this) -

First time I had one I thought I was going blind, now I embrace the fractalline (is that a word) beauty of them ... until the nausea and headache sets in that is.

no, I'm lucky i don't think i ever had one

First time I had one I thought I was going blind, now I embrace the fractalline (is that a word) beauty of them ... until the nausea and headache sets in that is.

oh god i hate this fucking shit

Guest Restart

I love Autechre. Does he love me back?

How was it like giving names to things? I wish I could do that. I only have a Korg Monotron and it will remain anonymous.

Thanks for this.

no, I'm lucky i don't think i ever had one

no me neither

Guest jasondonervan

Do either of you have a record that you own which you enjoy so much, you have doubles (triples? etc.) of it?

Edited by jasondonervan

my questions kinda got skpped earlier but - these I just really want to know -

1. How much unreleased material do you guys have in comparison to actually released material

2. I know you mentioned earlier that you guys aren't allowed to release under even your own names - but do you guys work separately sometimes on things that you guys don't agree on and leave them unreleased for the future?

1. already answered this, sorry, long as fuck answer, cba finding it to paste

2. we keep stuff back yeah, depends, not much of that is cos of us not agreeing

this has been so awesome and fun. when you get your live stuff worked out and come to nyc, what should i yell out to reference the epic watmm aaa?

wow, dunno. whats most universal here after all this?? bearing in mind now though there are more guests on here than users, so there might be some lurkers using this hallowed chant without having earned the pleasure.

Do either of you have a record that you own which you enjoy so much, you have doubles (triples? etc.) of it?

yeah loads,

PE

mantronix

actually mostly hip hop

I hear Guild Navigators chattering in Tankakarn. did you enjoy the original Dune?

yeah Dune, i did, i think i was too young to criticise it so i was lucky to have it memorised as perfect

this has been so awesome and fun. when you get your live stuff worked out and come to nyc, what should i yell out to reference the epic watmm aaa?

wow, dunno. whats most universal here after all this?? bearing in mind now though there are more guests on here than users, so there might be some lurkers using this hallowed chant without having earned the pleasure.

ah, fair point. shit.

I hear Guild Navigators chattering in Tankakarn. did you enjoy the original Dune?

yeah i love it but that cut in the middle - i hope one day the whole thing comes out

Hmm, maybe do a break in the middle of the set to do body part naming requests?

lel

Bumpage:

If you were given the option to select one of your tracks to go on a golden record* to be beamed into space, which would you choose?

Record_Space.jpg

*Incomplete without surface noise

yeah this is a variation of the faves question

i dunno man, fuck, you decide

Your golden record track will be Drane 3 :wink:

aye good choice

This one is probably difficult so just whatever comes to the fore of your minds at first: What are some of your favourite pieces of euphoria inducing music (considering that different things are euphoric for different heads)?

isoprophlex - afx

mountain goat - amorphous androgynous

polynomial-c - afx

circles vicious mix - john & julie

temple - jon hopkins

jungle - jungle wonz

allowance - isolee

work harder/work softer - perc

no.3 - VA chain reaction

X2 - electric soul

indicatif roissy - parmegiani

from the hame hill - brian eno

untrue - burial

i could go on and on, mbe

all diff contexts but pretty much euphoric to me

This one is probably difficult so just whatever comes to the fore of your minds at first: What are some of your favourite pieces of euphoria inducing music (considering that different things are euphoric for different heads)?

'now this is fun' by depeche mode always gets me in a really up state, but it's not really euphoric in the way most people mean (i.e. 'too many fizzy synths')

Thank you :) [Also for this inspiring thread. I have learned a lot!]

On the subject of Dune, y'all mention Jodorowsky...what do y'all think about Holy Mountain?

Gotta fav by him? (remember you mentioning a collab w/ moebius)