IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

what do you think about Terrence Dixon?

dunno, haven't been played any - detroit guy right? . sorry any good suggestions?

his classic releases on Tresor, Background recs

http://youtu.be/bISOhHbwsMc

and recent are not bad too (as Population One)

http://hardwax.com/69500/population-one/random-variables/

he is kinda voodoo man

yeah thanks , we like the magics

cheers!

you should check this guys too, along with him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010F5yQM6eM

pretty mental stuff too, from Germany

that's all

Guest thisfieldisrequired

It must have been asked, but didn't see an answer. Was the Japan bonus track on Exai, 18 (keyosc), a reference to the stupid WATMM misunderstanding of a supposedly new Autechre album called Kiosk?

ah - :whistling: you'll never know

haha awesome ! :)

Q: how many epic ae jams have the fans deprived themselves of by distracting you with this Q&A?

not too many

we might do like 1 each a day at the moment, so you're like, gonna have to wait 5 days longer before we get our live shit together

Edited by Sean Ae

This one is probably difficult so just whatever comes to the fore of your minds at first: What are some of your favourite pieces of euphoria inducing music (considering that different things are euphoric for different heads)?

'now this is fun' by depeche mode always gets me in a really up state, but it's not really euphoric in the way most people mean (i.e. 'too many fizzy synths')

wait, you named someone's left nut Hitler, but shied away from proposing baby names? Clearly you don't fully appreciate the solemn, terrible responsibility inherent in naming someone's balls. Next to that, naming a kid is a walk in the park...

i know and hitler? how lazy

you could have called it bobby

cool, bobby it is, let's hope it's not a girl then. Will let you know in 6 mos :nacmat:

This one is probably difficult so just whatever comes to the fore of your minds at first: What are some of your favourite pieces of euphoria inducing music (considering that different things are euphoric for different heads)?

isoprophlex - afx

mountain goat - amorphous androgynous

polynomial-c - afx

circles vicious mix - john & julie

temple - jon hopkins

jungle - jungle wonz

allowance - isolee

work harder/work softer - perc

no.3 - VA chain reaction

X2 - electric soul

indicatif roissy - parmegiani

from the hame hill - brian eno

untrue - burial

i could go on and on, mbe

all diff contexts but pretty much euphoric to me

This next question is something I've been a bit hesistant about asking. Because you guys might not like it. At all.

Years ago (around the Untilted release period I think) I've read an interview in a (dutch?) magazine. The end of the interview got a bit weird, because the journie asked "whats the most extreme thing a fan ever did" or something like that.

You said you were afraid to answer that question. You said you would agree to tell it only if the interviewer agreed not to publish the story. Because you were afraid should that one fan read it, he might get more crazy ideas or something. The interviewer then said you told the story, and he confirmed that it was indeed pretty messed up.

So, after all these years, can you tell what that was about?

I mean, you probably won't. But I once made a thread about it here, and some said it had something to do with a fake hoax video someone made, that a lot of people thought was real.

Fuck, I hope this isn't too much of a downer.

wait, you named someone's left nut Hitler, but shied away from proposing baby names? Clearly you don't fully appreciate the solemn, terrible responsibility inherent in naming someone's balls. Next to that, naming a kid is a walk in the park...

whahah

true dude. christ, u got me. its just that yeah easy to be silly with ppl s testicles, but yr offspring?

what if the kid sues me in 30 yrs time or whatever ? can u sign something to make it all safe

Thanks for your answer about recury.

I finally dare to ask you some words about one track of mine:

Just because it may be my only opportunity in my life :)

Hi again, just in case you miss this post, i post again, i dont need compliments (i dont care), just words about your feelings by sharing sounds i made.To be very happy to know that my stuff went once to your ears :)

yeah its weird its like hearing memories from 20 years ago thru a time lens of now

are those r8/roland sounds? (some bits sound like it, others don't)

Guest jasondonervan

Bumpage:

If you were given the option to select one of your tracks to go on a golden record* to be beamed into space, which would you choose?

Record_Space.jpg

*Incomplete without surface noise

This next question is something I've been a bit hesistant about asking. Because you guys might not like it. At all.

Years ago (around the Untilted release period I think) I've read an interview in a (dutch?) magazine. The end of the interview got a bit weird, because the journie asked "whats the most extreme thing a fan ever did" or something like that.

You said you were afraid to answer that question. You said you would agree to tell it only if the interviewer agreed not to publish the story. Because you were afraid should that one fan read it, he might get more crazy ideas or something. The interviewer then said you told the story, and he confirmed that it was indeed pretty messed up.

I mean, you probably won't. But I once made a thread about it here, and some said it had something to do with a fake hoax video someone made, that a lot of people thought was real.

yeah i think i know what this is about, not totally sure tbh cos i can't rem the interview

but nah i wouldn't talk about (what i'm thinking of) here cos it would fuck someone's reputation and that's kind of totally unnecessary in this context

'now this is fun' by depeche mode always gets me in a really up state, but it's not really euphoric in the way most people mean (i.e. 'too many fizzy synths')

cool, bobby it is, let's hope it's not a girl then. Will let you know in 6 mos :nacmat:

thats a bit like my name, anyway bobby's nice for a girl too.

Guest aht romain

Hi again, just in case you miss this post, i post again, i dont need compliments (i dont care), just words about your feelings by sharing sounds i made.To be very happy to know that my stuff went once to your ears :)

yeah its weird its like hearing memories from 20 years ago thru a time lens of now

Mainly FS1R and evolver, thanks :)

Bumpage:

If you were given the option to select one of your tracks to go on a golden record* to be beamed into space, which would you choose?

Record_Space.jpg

yeah this is a variation of the faves question

i dunno man, fuck, you decide

Mainly FS1R and evolver, thanks :)

nice

extra points for that

Guest jasondonervan

Bumpage:

Record_Space.jpg

yeah this is a variation of the faves question

i dunno man, fuck, you decide

Your golden record track will be Drane 3 :wink:

thats a bit like my name, anyway bobby's nice for a girl too.

wait

you're giving birth to a testicle?

Last question from me, for Sean. Is that Winterbottom I can hear purring away in garbagemx36?

I had a great question yesterday on my way home from work but I forgot it, so I guess that's that :(

Thanks again for this guys, you've gone way way way above and beyond. Appreciate that you've put up with the often ridiculous questions! Looking forward to future ae material with baited breath. Come to London soon :)

yeah i think i know what this is about, not totally sure tbh cos i can't rem the interview

but nah i wouldn't talk about (what i'm thinking of) here cos it would fuck someone's reputation and that's kind of totally unnecessary in this context

oh btw its got nothing to do with any video

Probably last post from me in this thread unless I have a flash of inspiration tonight in the pub.

Are there any cool places you would like to play a gig? Weird locations, cities you have never been too, famous buildings?

They have started doing gigs in the dungeons at Oxford Castle, this would be an awesome ae gig experience. Not sure what the acoustics are like though :emotawesomepm9:

Somewhere like Jodrell Bank would make an epic autechre experience.

Also PLZ get Grischa Lichtenberger or Oberman Knocks (or both) to support you on your next tour. And Rob Hall again.

Cheers thanks

Feltch out.

whahah

true dude. christ, u got me. its just that yeah easy to be silly with ppl s testicles, but yr offspring?

what if the kid sues me in 30 yrs time or whatever ? can u sign something to make it all safe

hahah, "ppls testicles", that could be a track name with a few more vowels taken out - ppls tstclmx

maybe just toss out a few girl and boy names you like, then? No harm no foul?

edit: lol, I waited to hit post, and didn't see your replies above :D

Edited by lumpenprol

Last question from me, for Sean. Is that Winterbottom I can hear purring away in garbagemx36?

I had a great question yesterday on my way home from work but I forgot it, so I guess that's that :(

Thanks again for this guys, you've gone way way way above and beyond. Appreciate that you've put up with the often ridiculous questions! Looking forward to future ae material with baited breath. Come to London soon :)

no, but he did get onto a track on chiastic

ok wildo

cheers man, it's been more productive than doing 10 years worth of interviews

oh btw its got nothing to do with any video

Aye what was the whole thing about beheading videos, fake versions of your albums, gl0tch and/or awepittance - was that in The Wire magazine I read that. It's all kind of got muddled in my ageing brain