IGNORED

why is premiere doing this why no why omg (i need answers fast)

gmanyo

I'm in the middle of a 48 hour film festival, where you write, film, and edit a short movie in 48 hours so I need to figure this out really fast.

Our film has to be exported as a .mov with the ProRes or DNxHD codecs. I've installed the codecs, but I still get this shit:

z8CjDR6.png

Video Codec: -1? Why? I can drag that and switch it to 0 instead of 1. It crashes if I try to export.

WATMM what is happening????

i actually have a real answer for you. dealt with this same issue when i submitted my horror film to a local festival. unfortunately premiere is known for being pretty buggy with codecs. if you're trying to export your movie, here's the steps to get it right:

first, you have to reboot premiere with the pin number you were issued. save your chatlogs, you'll need them later. open textedit. probably going to want to binpaste a cds quirk file to your login folder. you'll know it when you see it. run a bot as sysadmin. make sure you boot to dos. check your z drive. were there any errors? there should have been three. if there were four, reboot premiere. if there were two, get tank on the line. tank will run a hashfile and jack you back in to the matrix. there's a bright orange building on the corner of 42nd and 5th. tank is running fifty programs at once. there is a breaker program running that puts you inside the building, on the second floor. tank opens doors for you. you find a room in the center of the building and in the room is a six foot tall sprite with a blue key. a sine wave issues forth from the sprite's mouth. tank runs translation programs, thousands of languages processed in an instant. the sine wave comes apart at the seams and you understand it as a word. you know this word. horrified, you run from the building, frantically trying to find a telephone. tank is running an intrusion countermeasure program, but he can't stop the process that's already begun in your head. the word replicates with alarming speed. you look down at your feet and only see the word. there is a pay phone across the street and you move toward it. everyone on the street has stopped and a group of men in suits are running toward you. you fumble in your pocket for quarters, pennies and lint spilling onto the street. eventually you dial the number. tank picks up and you are overwhelmed by a kind of monotone cascade. you succumb to the word, crumpled under the pay phone as it swings on a cord above you, your brain running freely out of your ears and into the gutters of the city.

ok, hopefully that helped!

sorry zaphod, using premiere pro cc, no cd to get to the matrix.

Yeah, that's probably the best advice A/D, but I haven't even had time to reinstall. I'm gonna try to edit the project on my computer and export it from someone else's.

sounds like a problem with your RAM_library - you need to open terminal whilst holding down alt + shift + P, then enter the bootlog command. once the file.mac window has executed, run a full system wide bus scan, ENSURING YOU REMEMBER TO OMIT THE .audio_legacy$ pathway (lol I know obvious). once this has completed and you're back at the sudo prompt, boot your mac into the kernel, rename the administrator to FD.CD_PREM.log2, save everything to the app memory server and restart. Should now work fine.

I expected this to be about DJ Premiere thinking he might be doing something terrible to Gangstarr's legacy or maybe holding some people hostage.

Maybe just save it as whatever format Premiere does allow you to export it at and then use a separate programme (is handbrake available on a mac) to transcode to the desired codec.

Maybe just save it as whatever format Premiere does allow you to export it at and then use a separate programme (is handbrake available on a mac) to transcode to the desired codec.

Yeah that might work if you're really not able to export a DNxHD or a ProRes. A very high bitrate H264 and converting them in mpegstreamclip (http://www.squared5.com/) might do the trick. Mpegstreamclip is the best video converter I know of and it's on windows and mac.

First, reinstall the codecs and see if that helps in exporting from Premiere. They might just not be installed:

ProRes: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396

DnxHD: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/en423319

Once you have things working, then get rid of Premiere and cut your films in Avid or FCP. I usually get trouble when I have to deal with editors who work in Premiere. Hell, try out Lightworks even, it's free/cheap, seems to be decent (http://www.lwks.com/) and has DNxHD decode/encode as the default.

I'm on a Macintosh Pro 15 inch 10.7.4 2 core processor 2.7 GHz i7

Not exactly the next David Fincher with those specs. The good news is no-one will care if you miss the deadline. You're an also-ran.

Not exactly the next David Fincher with those specs. The good news is no-one will care if you miss the deadline. You're an also-ran.

so badass

Oh god, no one cares about what you have to say Schlitze. Why do you keep wasting everyone's time with your flaccid and vacuous opinions?

Archived