IGNORED

True Detective (SPOILERS)

Atop

Was it just me or did the bulb in the broken tail light look just a bit like a tiny skull?

I thought it was just to show that Rust hadn't cared enough to fix it after it got broke in the fight with Marty.

No I got that part, I was just saying that it looked a bit like a skull, but it's probably just my shitty eyesight.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a watmm tie in. In the soundtrack music they have repeatedly played a dark ambient motif. Does it sound exactly like the melody line from Second Bad Vilbel to anyone else? It's borderline uncanny. I see the score is by T Bone Burnett. Has he been listneing to Autechre?

Yeah I have been amazed at this as well. He is a blues musician. What the fuck is he doing making a Vatican Shadow sounding score? I will have to investigate.

this article is long and for crazed fans, I love the refineries constantly in the background as much as this nut.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maureen-ryan/true-detective-hbo_b_4847971.html

Just watched the first episode. fantastic stuff! Will do it week-by-week but reckon i'll binge them all again before the last one.

MM is simply fantastic in this. What a superb actor he's developed into.

Also, who noticed that Marty's daughter set her dolls up in the same circular pattern as Rust and his beer cans? I'm thinking the circle is important to the cult.

Yeah, I have been wondering when we are going to know the connection between the two, I think we will find out in the next episode actually.

the circle

is important to the cult

Time is a sex circle.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Watched all 6 in the past 2 days. very well made show. well written. really great score too. Now I have to wait for it air godammit

Didn't Maggie say something along the lines of 'she hadn't been fucked like that in 17 years'.

I don't think it was relative to the brevity, or the lack of eye contact - I think it was the first really naughty thing she'd done in a while and it probably made her cum stupid hard for months.

I like how in movies and tv everyone cums at the same time in unison, even the first time they have sex. instantly insync.

Guest Mirezzi

Also, who noticed that Marty's daughter set her dolls up in the same circular pattern as Rust and his beer cans? I'm thinking the circle is important to the cult.

Marty's daughter? Dolls?

I feel really stupid, but which daughter and which episode are you guys talking about?

Guest Mirezzi

Wow, I totally forgot about this:

hwJeUm0.png

In that scene, the older daughter is saying, "You don't have a mommy and daddy. They died in a car accident."

Guest Mirezzi

Is it really that similar to the can man setup though really?

No, not really. I don't see a very obvious connection there, if any.

Apparently in wolf of wall street - the scenes with matthew mcconaughey - the beating chest and humming thing is his acting warmup. not really meant for the film

maybe the can thing was just him fuckign about

Wow, I totally forgot about this:

hwJeUm0.png

In that scene, the older daughter is saying, "You don't have a mommy and daddy. They died in a car accident."

If I were that girl's parents, I would not just forget about THIS like 2 seconds later. I would be panicking!

Haha! It's CPR time!

So the can persons and the dolls? I see it as Cohle figuring out that the dudes "interviewing" him are in on the conspiracy, attempting to frame Cohle and also they are trying to hide who is really committing the murders and child torture. Cohle wants to mock them, symbolically, by making voodoo can dolls representing the people/symbols that are a part of the "cult". The circle of action figures could be a blatant example of Marty and Maggie not being aware enough to realize the fact that their daughter has been molested. Cohle sees all. Marty, not so much. Hopefully we get an explanation on why the Hart parents wouldn't notice a rape scene portrayed on the floor of their kids' room.

I hate movie sex, shit is so unrealistic it always takes me out of the moment. AMC does that a lot, the two people attacking each others' mouths. Plus he came in 2 seconds lol

that's not realistic?

uh oh

Archived