IGNORED

CAT 023 Ebay Auction Is LIVE

Joyrex

To be fair to them, the etchings on the pics on the eBay listing (which are clearly their own) look exactly like those on the Discogs pics. I doubt that they hired an expert forger so I'm thinking it may be an authentic copy after all.

Sorry for jumping the gun like that but their reputation precedes them.

Yeah, I think it's a bit too conspiracy-theory to assume it's a forgery. Best to forget that was even suggested, IMO.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Black Calx

Who were the four other people that own this piece then?

This only came to my attention as i have HTFR liked on FB,m some guy had left a comment on the post asking where one of his records was. I'm sure this company got bought out a while ago, didn't it?

My first instinct was it was that freak 'sup' trollin, he must have bumped up his feedback or something. There's something off here, chaps

Who were the four other people that own this piece then?

This only came to my attention as i have HTFR liked on FB,m some guy had left a comment on the post asking where one of his records was. I'm sure this company got bought out a while ago, didn't it?

Richard, Grant, Cylob and Mike Paradinas. Mike did apparently tell chatmm recently that there were more than 4 copies though.

Great post Ivan

I just wonder what Joyrex will pull out of his magicians hat next?

Personally, I'd vote for The Rave Colonel/AFX Rome/Squarepusher warp20/Whatever-you-want-to-call-it/12"

Yeah that fucking beast that's dwelling deep in the darkness? It needs launching!

Nah, I'm fucking done with all this - 90 days of it was grueling (but fun) - you wouldn't believe the amount of hours I spent answering emails, setting stuff up, etc.

Besides, wouldn't you rather have NEW material from Richard?

umm, YAIR pretty please

was that one copy of caustic window sold twice by the same seller basically? genius nevertheless.

No, I was wrong about it being the same seller.

Also, my money's on it being legit. Not enough time to do a proper bootleg pressing.

Is it the real deal though spdsquared (don't know the shorthand for the symbol and would rather type this than grab the mouse to copy and paste). Also, this surely wouldn't be rephlex approved, i hope it gets nuked. I understand the motivation if it's real, but it seems distasteful to sell something that was given to you buy a friend and never meant to be sold. If i was rich, i'd be going round their house with a golf club, demanding the disc, then smashing it. But you know, i'm nuts about these types of respect things. If it's rephlex themselves selling it that's even more distasteful, because it made for a disingenuous process for the bidders in the prior auction, given that the record was 'never to be seen again' .. 'once in a lifetime opportunity'. Rephlex better shut this down, right now.

Is it the real deal though spdsquared (don't know the shorthand for the symbol and would rather type this than grab the mouse to copy and paste). Also, this surely wouldn't be rephlex approved, i hope it gets nuked. I understand the motivation if it's real, but it seems distasteful to sell something that was given to you buy a friend and never meant to be sold. If i was rich, i'd be going round their house with a golf club, demanding the disc, then smashing it. But you know, i'm nuts. If it's rephlex themselves selling it that's even more distasteful, because it made for a disingenuous process for the bidders in the prior auction, given that the record was 'never to be seen again' .. 'once in a lifetime opportunity'. Rephlex better shut this down, right now.

yeahh! someone clearly saw $$$ over friendship.

Guest Black Calx

I've posed the question yet again on their FB page as to where this actually came from, will update if they reply (probably not lol).

I've posed the question yet again on their FB page as to where this actually came from, will update if they reply (probably not lol).

theyre really arsey, i asked them a question once on ebay about, coincidentally, a caustic window 12" they were selling but hadn't listed any info on it. their response was pretty much a 'fuck off'

Guest Black Calx

theyre really arsey, i asked them a question once on ebay about, coincidentally, a caustic window 12" they were selling but hadn't listed any info on it. their response was pretty much a 'fuck off'

These guys aren't the original owners of Hard to Find are they? Sure this shop went into receivership and it got bought out.

Guest HardToFindRecordsMark

Hi Everyone,

I thought i'd log on and clear a few things up for you guys.

My name is Mark and i'm the Managing Director of Hard to Find Records - We are currently selling CAT023 on eBay.

I understand the concerns of many about the authenticity of the Album and thought i'd simply log on and see if i could answer any questions you may have?

Obviously the main question is the origin of this Album - Well, JoyRex pretty much got it spot on. The TP is currently owned by one of the 'original' owners and we are acting as proxy for the sale due to our experience and knowledge of the industry. The owner of this piece wishes to remain anonymous, so to try and keep our professionalism that’s all i can really say.

I hope that clears that up for you Black Calx. I’d told the guys in charge of Facebook to remain silent on the subject until I had contacted the owner and agreed what I could disclose, so apologies for the radio silence.

HiJexx – The "Acceptable" on the eBay listing; For the life of me, no one can figure out how to change that setting on eBay.com (eBay seems to have locked this in) – I might add that it doesn’t reflect the condition of the record.

I can also confirm that to my knowledge this item is 100% authentic. Although thank you to the person who entertained the possibility we had hired a ‘master forger' or the other conspiracy theories! - I'm sorry to disappoint, but its simply a case of us selling an item on behalf of another party!

I’ll check this forum over the course of the next couple of days and see if you guys have any questions you need answering

Mark G

Guest HardToFindRecordsMark

These guys aren't the original owners of Hard to Find are they? Sure this shop went into receivership and it got bought out.

... And no, i took over the company about 2 years ago when we had a little restructure - The original owner and old management no longer work at HTFR. I do however apologise for your experience and i'd be extremely surprised if this attitude would be shown with any of our current staff today.

Archived