IGNORED

Anyone sick of the word FOLKS?

JS20

In the past 4-6 years I have noticed a dramatic increase in the general public (at least in the USA) substituting the world "folks" for the word "people" and it's pissing me off. People are people, dammit! "Folks" used to imply a casual, close, friendly reference to a small gathering of people, your family, your parents, etc. Now people use it when referring to an arbitrary group of people, those whom they have probably never even met or heard of.... agggggghhhh!

I think Obama's speech writer started the whole fad as a way to make the prez sound more down-to-earth, even though few world leaders truly know, appreciate or give half a turd about these "folks" they keep talking about/to.

/rant

Obama needs to start using the word "cunts" instead.

imagine:

"Gentlemen, thank you both for joining us here tonight. We have a lot of cunts who've been waiting all day to talk to you, so I want to get right to it."

"... I want everybody to get a great education and we've worked hard to make sure that student loans are available for cunts like you..."

"Governor Romney doesn't have a five-point plan. He has a one-point plan. And that plan is to make sure that cunts at the top play by a different set of rules."

"My philosophy on taxes has been simple. And that is, I want to give middle-class families and cunts who are striving to get into the middle-class some relief."

"... we had been digging our way out of policies that were misplaced and focused on the top doing very well and middle class cunts not doing well."

God damn Aphex avatars. A lot of folks here think RDJ is Jesus or something. I respect him as an artist, but some of his fans just go overboard with their reverence for him.

Yes, I said folks. Deal with it.

Languages have their fads. If you read a lot of news articles, you'll see the same words pop up in different articles around the same time.

Use of this word precursor to full on fascism. If you have another passport, make use of it now. The end is nigh. That's all Völker.

Obama to start playing Death in June and NON at press conferences.

I don't think folks mind using folks in sentences where instead of people, people are called folks - for instance, I call folks folks, because I like how it sounds better than the generic and sterile "people".

That's all I have to say, folks.

:emotawesomepm9:

I prefer to use the term 'chaps'. Example usage: 'Come on you chaps lets have some Aphex traditional dancing'.

Personally I take umbrage at the use of the word 'epic' to describe everything from a track to a tv program. Look, unless the CD is eight hours long or the program you watched takes forty hours to finish or the car you drive is the size of a valley, it's not really 'epic'. Stop it!

I blame Jeremy Clarkson.

How can you be sure he's not saying fucks in a funny accent? I'm quite sure that's what's really going on.

How can you be sure he's not saying fucks in a funny accent? I'm quite sure that's what's really going on.

That's exactly what he's saying. I'm surprised no one has said anything about it yet.

Archived