IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Ok, I need some clearance on the subject, what's the deal with this badger cover ? I thought it was the official artwork but someone said it had the wrong warp logo so it was most likely fake but now joyrex put it on the background and I can't find anything about it anywhere else. I'm confused.

Ok, I need some clearance on the subject, what's the deal with this badger cover ? I thought it was the official artwork but someone said it had the wrong warp logo so it was most likely fake but now joyrex put it on the background and I can't find anything about it anywhere else. I'm confused.

I said it was the wrong logo, because it is the wrong logo.

Guest Gravity

Some random guy posted it on reddit as the back cover, then it got posted here. Oscillik pointed out the old Warp logo thing. I donno if Joyrex has some inside info or he just didn't know it was posted by some random guy on reddit, but yeah, that's what happened.

I'll say that it's one of the only fakes where I saw it and said "hmm, that could actually work". It's goofy.

Edited by Gravity

but if his albums would NOT have been released by warp most of us would have never heard of it

stop crying, pissflab it's a new afx album

Based on what? If the music was good enough, it would have stood out anyway.

After Windowlicker, pretty much anything he would have released, specially as "Aphex Twin", would have hit major news websites anyway. If Drukqs was put out on Rephlex as originally intended by them, and specially now Syro, everyone would have known about it, because it would have been all over the news anyway, and everyone has an internet connection these days. Everyone who's even vaguely into music knows and visits these sites regularly.

But instead we have to cope with Warp continuing its legacy of shitty releases and a couple good releases while seeing how genuinely cool labels dissapear.

warp give us quality and makes sure the artists don't have to work in a shit factory so they can make music for us

nothing wrong with that

imo

Honestly this badger artwork is miles away from the shitty official one.

but if his albums would NOT have been released by warp most of us would have never heard of it

stop crying, pissflab it's a new afx album

Based on what? If the music was good enough, it would have stood out anyway.

After Windowlicker, pretty much anything he would have released, specially as "Aphex Twin", would have hit major news websites anyway. If Drukqs was put out on Rephlex as originally intended by them, and specially now Syro, everyone would have known about it, because it would have been all over the news anyway, and everyone has an internet connection these days. Everyone who's even vaguely into music knows and visits these sites regularly.

But instead we have to cope with Warp continuing its legacy of shitty releases and a couple good releases while seeing how genuinely cool labels dissapear.

IMO warp still has some weight as a household name. Even though I love rephlex and most of what come from it, the whole process of releasing an album of this magnitude is probably a lot easier for everyone involved if its done by Warp.

Edited by Allize

Now this one is more intriguing because it was uploaded weeks before the announcement and is the only video on the channel.

This one has potential...still, if it's out there then it is either official or fake

Some random guy posted it on reddit as the back cover, then it got posted here. Oscillik pointed out the old Warp logo thing. I donno if Joyrex has some inside info or he just didn't know it was posted by some random guy on reddit, but yeah, that's what happened.

I'll say that it's one of the only fakes where I saw it and said "hmm, that could actually work". It's goofy.

It's really well done. I'm sure joyrex knows something.

Now this one is more intriguing because it was uploaded weeks before the announcement and is the only video on the channel.

This one has potential...still, if it's out there then it is either official or fake

This sounds like an LFO cover version done in Fruityloops with a few reverbed SAW1 vocally bits. Oh and a jarring, incongruous SH101 bit. Yall have mushrooms for ears.

sounds like a caustic window track.

This sounds like an LFO cover version done in Fruityloops with a few reverbed SAW1 vocally bits. Oh and a jarring, incongruous SH101 bit. Yall have mushrooms for ears.

At first I thought it was shit but then I listened for a second time and now it sounds great

Guest nick5745

where did this come from? I never heard it before.

The channel is old and always posted good stuff. It may be legit.

(even though it sounds kinda shitty IMO)

not to be a bummer but a leak through youtube is pretty unlikely as the copyright algorythm catches even parts of audience recordings of album tracks. how the hell would someone get away with an entire song?

Because the song is not released yet therefore it isn't in YouTube's database of copyrighted tracks to match it up with? When leaks like this happen, they get taken down by the actual labels themselves, not YouTube's automatic detection. I know this because I've uploaded tracks/live rips before they're released, and they've only been taken down per the labels' requests.

Guest Gravity

not to be a bummer but a leak through youtube is pretty unlikely as the copyright algorythm catches even parts of audience recordings of album tracks. how the hell would someone get away with an entire song?

Because the song is not released yet therefore it isn't in YouTube's database of copyrighted tracks to match it up with? When leaks like this happen, they get taken down by the actual labels themselves, not YouTube's automatic detection. I know this because I've uploaded tracks/live rips before they're released, and they've only been taken down per the labels' requests.

Jasondonervan uploaded some clips of Manchester, Metz etc. and got a notice. "Untitled - Track 1 / Warp Records" etc.

Edited by Gravity

I guess you haven't been following the thread...

jasondonervan has already established that the tracks from Syro are in the database of copyrighted tracks, hence the discovery that the Metz and Singapore tracks are on the album as well as the Manchester track.

you also need to read the rules.

sounds like a caustic window track.

This one is really nice actually, but I don't think it's associated with Syro.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

I really don't get why people are paying attention to YouTube fakes. Seriously, what's the point?

some of em are funny and some others actually sound good

Guest bitroast

maybe the BPMs on the official artwork are deliberately incorrect to troll his fans...

and maybe aphex twin HAS uploaded tracks from his album onto youtube, with BPMs not matching the official artwork.

and maybe the songs on syro do sound like cliché aphex rip-off bullshit. all one big joke for aphex twin !!

/sarcasm, etc

maybe the BPMs on the official artwork are deliberately incorrect to troll his fans...

and maybe aphex twin HAS uploaded tracks from his album onto youtube, with BPMs not matching the official artwork.

and maybe the songs on syro do sound like cliché aphex rip-off bullshit. all one big joke for aphex twin !!

/sarcasm, etc

He mentions that on the most recent interview...

Hey people.

There's a SYRO leaks and fake leaks thread, http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84558-syro-leaks-and-fake-leaks-thread/

Some discussion isn't a big deal, especially in referencing the real Manchester/Metz/etc tracks that WILL be on the album, but the whole point of the other thread is so there's something comprehensive to refer back to that isn't on page 129 of 385 (which I'm sure this will get to).

So, let's keep this shit on topic, alright? :rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm::rtfm:

Now, how terrible is Kanye? I mean, I think he's not like violent diarrhea bad, but more like 'every day' shits. Runny and no fun, but god it could be worse, ya know?

JK SYRO RULEZ :wtf:

Guest tudikas

rephlex 4 eva!

i will rep that logo till the day i die.

stencils/stickers/homemade tshirts/BLIMPS??? (with pics) would be a cool way to celebrate and commemorate.

warp didn't do all the work to get where we are today, now did they?

Now, how terrible is Kanye? I mean, I think he's not like violent diarrhea bad, but more like 'every day' shits. Runny and no fun, but god it could be worse, ya know?

Kanye is just slightly worse better than ebola.

whoops lol

Edited by StephenG

Some discussion isn't a big deal, especially in referencing the real Manchester/Metz/etc tracks that WILL be on the album, but the whole point of the other thread is so there's something comprehensive to refer back to that isn't on page 129 of 385 (which I'm sure this will get to).

Well exai currently stands at 356 pages and is still going strong!! If this one gets to 385 then hurray for the aphex twin subforum !!