IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

why are folks taking this one seriously? it was uploaded before the announcement but couldn't the uploader just change the name to match a SYRO track after the announcement?

Now this one is more intriguing because it was uploaded weeks before the announcement and is the only video on the channel.

:music:

Joyrex manifests his enjoyment for this fleak. What does it mean??

why are folks taking this one seriously? it was uploaded before the announcement but couldn't the uploader just change the name to match a SYRO track after the announcement?

Now this one is more intriguing because it was uploaded weeks before the announcement and is the only video on the channel.

also it's not very good..

Well it's a good track but not 2014 aphex good. Sounds kinda caustic window-y

Guest jasondonervan

I ran it through youtube earlier, nothing pointing to Syro (ie no copyright strike)

also it's not very good..

Well it's a good track but not 2014 aphex good. Sounds kinda caustic window-y

Like this of course it's not a real syro track, i really like it's take on a caustic style tho , need more stuff like that

Guest nick5745

where did this come from? I never heard it before.

The channel is old and always posted good stuff. It may be legit.

(even though it sounds kinda shitty IMO)

not to be a bummer but a leak through youtube is pretty unlikely as the copyright algorythm catches even parts of audience recordings of album tracks. how the hell would someone get away with an entire song?

Because the song is not released yet therefore it isn't in YouTube's database of copyrighted tracks to match it up with? When leaks like this happen, they get taken down by the actual labels themselves, not YouTube's automatic detection. I know this because I've uploaded tracks/live rips before they're released, and they've only been taken down per the labels' requests.

I guess you haven't been following the thread...

jasondonervan has already established that the tracks from Syro are in the database of copyrighted tracks, hence the discovery that the Metz and Singapore tracks are on the album as well as the Manchester track.

you also need to read the rules.

These videos have been on YouTube for ages, and WARP probably filed the copyright claim manually now that they know they are being released. I really really really doubt that YouTube has Syro in their database already. I have never seen any cases where they have albums in their databases before they're publicly released, I've only seen when labels manually report claims on uploads that were leaked. I remember when I uploaded Actress' album to YouTube before it was released, it was fine, until NinjaTune manually filed claims and then had the album added to YouTube's database shortly after since the entire thing had leaked already.

Guest jasondonervan

jasondonervan has already established that the tracks from Syro are in the database of copyrighted tracks, hence the discovery that the Metz and Singapore tracks are on the album as well as the Manchester track.

These videos have been on YouTube for ages, and WARP probably filed the copyright claim manually now that they know they are being released. I really really really doubt that YouTube has Syro in their database already. I have never seen any cases where they have albums in their databases before they're publicly released, I've only seen when labels manually report claims on uploads that were leaked. I remember when I uploaded Actress' album to YouTube before it was released, it was fine, until NinjaTune manually filed claims and then had the album added to YouTube's database shortly after since the entire thing had leaked already.

My videos were uploaded three days ago.

Edited by jasondonervan

Guest nick5745

Maybe they have just added those 3 tracks to the database then, the whole album...I doubt it still.

Guest jasondonervan

Maybe they have just added those 3 tracks to the database then, the whole album...I doubt it still.

A fourth track was identified (by track number, at least) by coolandfrank.

please, continue to be contrary and without facts, so that the true king of watmm can slay you down like the clueless noob you are!

also, please rulse the raed

Guest jasondonervan

On a vaguely related side note, my Japanese copy of new Rustie arrived today - two days from point of dispatch to the UK. This should please those with Syro JPN preorders that Amazon Japan are on the case when it comes to international deliveries.

Also got a bonus sticker, so I reckon we're all good for the Syro magnets! :ok:

ibpyI60FNXQPkI.JPG

morning all:)

very new here; I lurked during the boctransmissions, good to share the excitement about the imminent shit. so how many of the live tracks are established as being n the record? I know the usual suspects: m,mz,St. is there a fourth?

I try to update the original post with useful information for as long as it feels relevant to do so. There is no track or performance apart from manchester, metz or singapore that's virtually confirmed, let alone suggested, although some members have baselessly suggested that the Barbican (suspended piano) performance might be aisatsana (track 12).

There are two recent interview snippets by fader mag and pitchfork if you check back with the OP.

Current news is that we have discovered the typeface on the album cover to be Norm Simple Regular.

Nah, the font is definitely Decima Mono. Look at Norm Simple's W, it's too wide, The serifs on the I are too narrow. The 'g' is totally different from the one seen in the album artwork. Compare the lowercase fonts..!

Here's Decima Mono Light

2iup05x.png

And regular, which is probably used for the vignette

2n7qzic.png

I'm a typography nerd

I'm not convinced, is there a high res version of the original artwork to go from?

I found a slightly higher res and it checks out. I stand corrected.

Edited by chim

It simply means I like the track - I don't dislike something just because it's a fake or whatnot... good music is good music, regardless of the intentions behind it.

Also, FLOL @ "manifests his enjoyment" - gotta use that when I order lunch today:

ME: "Yes, I'm manifesting my enjoyment of a hamburger and french fries - please dispatch it with little haste, my underprivileged wage-slave."

WORKER: "Who you callin' a slave, muthafucka? You want a goddamn burger or what, you crazy-ass cracker."

It simply means I like the track - I don't dislike something just because it's a fake or whatnot... good music is good music, regardless of the intentions behind it.

agreed!

With the promo really getting going it seems like aphex is just keeping it relatively on par in a promo sense with other warp style promotion. Never know might even get to hear a track before the full release :P

Edited by Gordon

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Looks lush, including your Warp bedspread. You should get out of bed tho

Close. Warp boxer shorts.

lel. Slipmat is it? Almost bought one the other day. Need to get my inherited 30 year old turntable serviced and tip top for when my copy of Syro arrives. First vinyl I've actually ever bought

+1. Pretty obvious it's got nothing to do with Syro but it's a decent tune.

Guest HokusPoker

rip rephlex, totally mental label really. The Philosophy Of Sound And Machine should have got the attention of AI series but i feel like they all won out. Serious back catalogue and as mentioned they stuck to what they believed instead of chasing the coins. respect and love

sad though, im guessing its because of afx possibly no longer wanting to back it financially. Sad because warp will take their sweet old time to get music out with their big schedule and method of promotions, but yeah itll reach more people ultimately

true, but Warp's budget means that the packaging can be nice, there are enough copies to go around, etc. Sure, it's mostly about the music, but I thought Rephlex's packaging was a bit of a letdown, personally. I mean, shit, look at the Steinvord label art.. Verdana, really?

The Tuss' artwork is perhaps my favourite artwork of all time, so that doesn't count per se.

You won't fool me with your shenanigans :diablo:

Guest jasondonervan

Looks lush, including your Warp bedspread. You should get out of bed tho

Close. Warp boxer shorts.

lel. Slipmat is it? Almost bought one the other day. Need to get my inherited 30 year old turntable serviced and tip top for when my copy of Syro arrives. First vinyl I've actually ever bought

Yep:

ibj76cmQCPczV8.JPG

First ones I've bought in years, previously used my DJ Swamp ones for a looooong time:

IS249805-01-01-BIG.jpg

Guest Abstract Daddy

Speaking of a promo, do you lot think they'll be a video? I know it wasn't in the price of things list on the cover but I just feel like the reach for the dead video was abit tacked on and they might do the same with syro.