IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

There are a couple sampled breaks on Syro, certainly. But no Amen sticks out to my ears. Don't mean to be pedantic, and perhaps I'm wrong... I just want to help the community grow.

PAPAT4 has the second highest vote ranking in that poll thread, so i wouldn't say it gets much hate :)

Also, there's no amen break on the album! i keep reading in some reviews and comments, the mentioning of amens on Syro, where there are none.

Edited by Mcdergbit

Guest HokusPoker

I may be exaggerating but I think 180db might be the worst track of his career.

I love PAPAT4 though, so I hope we can still be friends!

Edited by HokusPoker

180 db is not my favorite, either, but no track of his is guaranteed to get skipped quite as much as this one:

Edited by tudikas

I love how reverb is under-used rather than overused on Syro, i'm already hearing the influence in a lot of watmmers productions

time to start doing the opposite of what aphex does, otherwise bjork will call us sheeple

I may be exaggerating but I think 180db might be the worst track of his career.

Someone hasn't heard Xtal :squarepusher:

for christ sake they're good tracks, Xtal is one of his best.

Guest LoveRhino

What?! xtal, Mount St Michel ziggomatic are all amazing tracks? Rather than "they are shit", which presupposes that what are stating is fact rather than personal opinion perhaps the phrase "I don't like x" (where x is a variable, unlike y which is currently not in use in this particular instance) could be a more suitable substitute.

This is my first Aphex Twin release, felt the need to go all out and purchase the different formats. I received my Japanese copies today, might try and keep that CD sealed ha. God I wish I was around for the Druqks LP!

Believe it or not, when Drukqs came out a lot of ppl felt pretty deflated. I remember loving the fast stuff, reallly not liking the slow stuff. (I was young and now eat my words ;) It wasn't treated like it is today, even by huge fans.
I still skip the piano stuff, you must have gotten senile over the past 13 years. Heheh.