IGNORED

"The Knife Call It Quits"

Hoodie

This morning, a post on their site announced that the fall European trek would be "our last tour," but it wasn't clear if that meant their last tour for latest album Shaking the Habitual or last tour in general.

However, in a subsequent interview with Dazed, the group's Karin Dreijer revealed that the Knife are calling it quits for good. "When we finish the tour now in November we will close down, it’s our last tour," she said. "We don’t have any obligations to continue, it should only and always be for fun." (We have also confirmed the break up a representative for the band.)

http://pitchfork.com/news/56416-the-knife-call-it-quits/

they had a good run. wasn't a big fan of their latest album - I much preferred the sound of Silent Shout; I thought there was still room to evolve that style of sound they had going on back in '06.

how am i supposed to cut this steak now

lol

They had a pretty good run, in my opinion. Shaking The Habitual is a great last album (long ass irrelevant ambient pieces aside). Let's see what the future brings

Also, if this means more Fever Ray, then... :yeah: :yeah:

This is disappointing, but yeah, there will probably be more Fever Ray.

Never really did get around to giving The Knife much of a listen, but if some new Fever Ray comes out as the result of this break-up I'm okay with that. I should give The Knife more of a listen though.

Archived