IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

Guest skibby

woah Ivan Ooze... that's half my new theme song, love the half the man I used to be songs.

but what's the connection to Steinvord?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skibby

yeah i dont get it, but for whatever reason its trending in the Aphex Twin subforum, like two Steinvord threads, it almost makes no sense, but we will see.

If you ever thought Steinvord was Squarepusher then it's obvious that you can't see/hear past the DSP and you've missed out on the "essence" of Squarepusher which is his meticulousness, groove and melodic work. Steinvord sounds like a trite copy in comparison. Pointless outtakes at best.

If you ever thought Steinvord was Squarepusher then it's obvious that you can't see/hear past the DSP and you've missed out on the "essence" of Squarepusher which is his meticulousness, groove and melodic work. Steinvord sounds like a trite copy in comparison. Pointless outtakes at best.

well that might be a valid point, except for chaos ad

which actually makes steinvord look like a super meticulously crafted work full of groove and melodies

Guest LoveRhino

To grab things kicking and screaming back from Steinvord for a minute, I reckon the new shit is an in-depth documentary film about Richard D James, including actual interviews with and endorsed by the gentleman himself. They seem all the rage these days and are quite often fantastic. It's about the only thing missing from the canon.

Also, Steinvord could easily be tracks from either TJ or RDJ, though with Joyrex saying definitely not RDJ then the chances are he may know who it is rather than just taking RDJ's word for it. Let us not forget that though there may be many people out there heavily influenced by the work of both, there is quite a good chance that someone out there has learned to make music as good quality (if not, to have the potential to be thought as better in the eyes/ears.minds of some listeners, learned or blinked though they may be) that may never release their music. Having spent much of the late 90s and early 00s hanging out with a crew of electronic music makers in Ireland I have heard many astounding and incredible approaches to making music. Some people were happy and driven towards release, some people had not intention nor wish to release their music no matter how good their output was. I am not likening any of these people to TJ or RDJ as both are individuals so unlike each other but still amazing. I am just making the point that there are not only two people making mind blowing and innovative electronic music out there. With 7 billion odd people on the planet, and with 5% of those having access to computers, 0.3% of that 5% having an interest in electronic music and at least 2-4% of that 0.3% of that 2-4% having an interest in making music, there should be at least 12 genuinely innovative electronic music makers out there and one of them may be Steinvord.

Though probably not.

If I may reference another recent post, I hope you all appreciate the work I have put into these calculations as it took me quite a lot of time ;P

Guest skibby

What if he reveals everything he claims he's ghostwritten for other artists over the years releasing it as a compilation?

he who?

Guest Chesney

If Steinvord sounded exactly like Squarepusher or was the same quality/style then Tom would probably release it under squarepusher. It's probably some sort of outake he thought was cool but could not take it to SP level so stuck it out as something else rather than sit on it and do nothing. Thing is with artists who have released a lot of material, you can hear their stamp and an artist cannot lose that stamp easily.

I still don't believe that Rephlex would put out other artists that have nailed their "stamp". Rephlex is a vanity project with a few other mates or artists that the founders appreciate.

Im sure if Steinvord released something like "I wish you obelisk" you would have said the same. The tracks are not pointless, they have a clear direction. As far style goes, how does Cyg x-1 sound like Squarepusher or anyone else or "an outtake" of something? Try again. You are just jelaous that a 15 year old on garageband shits on you.

You are just jelaous that a 15 year old on garageband shits on you.

So far you've given no evidence as to anything you're saying other than "our ears can't hear the subtleties of aphex and squarepusher" etc so why don't you take a nice giant jump off a tall bridge instead of insulting people here?

Also I can hear several stylistic similarities to SP/Tom's work and could sit here all day pointing you to specific tracks and sections of tracks that confirm this but you're too stubborn and ignorant to agree even in the slightest and make any concession. The point is, you DONT FUCKING KNOW.

None of us do. So assert whatever you hear as fact all you want but don't insult people.

Im sure if Steinvord released something like "I wish you obelisk" you would have said the same. The tracks are not pointless, they have a clear direction. As far style goes, how does Cyg x-1 sound like Squarepusher or anyone else or "an outtake" of something? Try again. You are just jelaous that a 15 year old on garageband shits on you.

Fucking retard. I wish you obelisk is not bad, I've always liked it. Do you know why I know Steinvord is not Squarepusher? Because I have friends from Rephlex. And you're making it into some pissing contest, which is it not. And if it were, I would produce Steinvord back to the stone-age. Please fuck off and die, fanboys. You can't tell shit from shit.

So far you've given no evidence as to anything you're saying other than "our ears can't hear the subtleties of aphex and squarepusher" etc so why don't you take a nice giant jump off a tall bridge instead of insulting people here?

Also I can hear several stylistic similarities to SP/Tom's work and could sit here all day pointing you to specific tracks and sections of tracks that confirm this but you're too stubborn and ignorant to agree even in the slightest and make any concession. The point is, you DONT FUCKING KNOW.

None of us do. So assert whatever you hear as fact all you want but don't insult people.

That's because it's a fanboy emulating Tom's sound, and it clearly sounds that way.

Obviously there are "several stylistic similarities with SP/Tom's work", who is denying that? What im saying is there is no sampling, and certain tracks don't sound like outtakes because they don't fit in in former albums, so they cannot be outtakes.

Calm down now, we are just having fun here, obviously "I dont fucking know". Do you want me to interview every person in spain until I find him now that im having a holidays there? We are just speculating, at the wrong thread by the way.

lol do you not even see the slightest irony that impakt made half of the fake tuss that people thought was aphex when it was coming out on youtube?

It's a little offensive to say "a 15 year old with garageband shits on you" don't you think?

Meh maybe you and impakt have such a good relationship you can knock his shit like that I don't know. Carry on.

Fucking retard. I wish you obelisk is not bad, I've always liked it. Do you know why I know Steinvord is not Squarepusher? Because I have friends from Rephlex. And you're making it into some pissing contest, which is it not. And if it were, I would produce Steinvord back to the stone-age. Please fuck off and die, fanboys. You can't tell shit from shit.

That's because it's a fanboy emulating Tom's sound, and it clearly sounds that way.

confirmed impakt is steinvord

lol jk

The ears hear what they want to hear :emotawesomepm9:

Am I the only one who didn't really like the steinvord stuff? It just sounds like DSP+acid exercises to me. No lushness that I would expect from aphex or squarepusher (even in his somewhat throwaway DSP wank tracks).

Am I the only one who didn't really like the steinvord stuff? It just sounds like DSP+acid exercises to me. No lushness that I would expect from aphex or squarepusher (even in his somewhat throwaway DSP wank tracks).

yes you are

Archived