IGNORED

Which DAW does WATMM recommend?

Twelvetrees

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nuendo 6.5, because you need a post-production environment which offers new tools engineered specifically for post-production professionals and their workflows.

Reaper and Renoise are cool if you're modular-curious because they're scriptable but they're cheap and can also be used in a more "normal" way. Reaper is cooler in the scripting department because you can make synths and effects in it. I don't really like MIDI sequencing in it though, where that can be really fun in Renoise. Renoise feels more like hardware to me.

Pro-Tools, the industry standard.

Nuendo 6.5, because you need a post-production environment which offers new tools engineered specifically for post-production professionals and their workflows.

lol ok, now i get it. :trollface:

Rebirth

I love Rebirth. I don't care what anyone says, it's awesome.

I thought Rebirth was just a software 303 ?

It is. And 808 and 909. It's not a DAW, saltykraut was being funny.

As the overwhelming majority of plebs on here (and the internet as a whole) are not anywhere close to being artists or musicians, but instead are barely functioning men-children playing a computer game that allows them to move coloured blocks about on screen and make magic sounds, with the idm-bumpkins of watmm being one step up the food chain from the gearslut midwestern shithole how do I sound like deadmaus simpletons, with added misandry, self hatred and self diagnosed de rigeuer brain fuck, I'd say it's not that important.

Which DAW do I recommend? The one with the prettiest colours.

Jeskola Buzz is definitely the most userfriendly. It's great for starting, anyway. You can get into the whole production terminology and don't have to bother with a confusing interface, because everything makes perfect sense first try.

What I like most is the way it mimics a real studio, with the generators connecting to the effects and everything ultimately connected to the master, in a mind-map-like manner.

Jeskola Buzz is definitely the most userfriendly. It's great for starting, anyway. You can get into the whole production terminology and don't have to bother with a confusing interface, because everything makes perfect sense first try.

What I like most is the way it mimics a real studio, with the generators connecting to the effects and everything ultimately connected to the master, in a mind-map-like manner.

Really? I love Buzz, but I generally tell newcomers to production to avoid it since it's so archaic and buggy even with the new updates. It might be more user friendly compared to something like PD, but I don't think it's anywhere near as user friendly as Ableton or Reason.

Archived