IGNORED

Lennon or McCartney?

LimpyLoo

Lennon or McCartney  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Better: John Lennon or Paul McCartney?

• Lennon
    • McCartney
    • Harrison
    • Starr (no, not really; just taking the piss)
    • Neither of them
    • Both of them
    • coo coo ca choo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

angst-y teenage me: Lennon

early 20s snarky me: Starr

me now: Harrison

McCartney was the better pop song writer - Wings singles are just so much more catchy than most of Lennon's solo stuff, but overall I much prefer Lennon. McCartney was responsible for the goofiest and most obnoxious Beatles tracks.

Honestly, their respective Christmas singles really sum up their styles in a nutshell.

so yeah Lennon

actually both, I agree w/ Ozzy

both cunts

are you an asshole on purpose?

or are you unaware of it?

I don't know, I thought that was an appropriate response. I mean, it's the fucking Beatles. What hasn't already been said? Plus John's long dead and Paul doesn't give a shit what some wankers on a message board think.

Anyway I seriously do go for John. He did some really obnoxious stuff but I think he was always sincere and a few times he hit just the right spot.

George Harrison.

Actually the drummer John Lennon kicked out in the beginning made some sick musique concrete, free jazz, designed a new type of Zeppelin, cut out his tongue on mescaline and jumped off the Eiffel tower wearing a bear suit

Not a massive Beatles fan but Harrison wrote my favorite tracks from Revolver, White Album and Sgt Pepper. If I listen to Rubber Soul he probably wrote my favorite track on that too.

I can't fucking stand McCartney but the stick in the craw is he wrote Helter Skelter...

George Harrison.

Actually the drummer John Lennon kicked out in the beginning made some sick musique concrete, free jazz, designed a new type of Zeppelin, cut out his tongue on mescaline and jumped off the Eiffel tower wearing a bear suit

pete best?

I just googled "pete best net worth" and apparently he's worth $400,000....not bad for what he's actually famous for

George Harrison.

pete best?

I just googled "pete best net worth" and apparently he's worth $400,000....not bad for what he's actually famous for

Yeah, Pete Best's story is an interesting one; kicked out of the Beatles early on and contemplated suicide once the band started to explode internationally. He only started receiving a windfall of cash from Royalties on the earliest tracks he recorded with the band when they were reissued in the 1990s. He's been touring and performing a lot of those early tracks along with standards from those days ever since.

Weird there are two drummers in that vid. Is the one at center stage a prop drummer or something?

The Beatles are a classic example of a whole being greater than the sum of it's parts.. but i'd say Lennon was a much better solo artist than McCartney, who's pretty much Cliff Richard at this point.

Especially after this garbage:

lol

I'm a fan of this one, mainly because of Fools and Horses.

My dad (session musician) worked with beatles back in the day. All cunts apparently. George Harrison was the worst though. Got arsey with the session guys when they wouldn't work overtime for free, he thought the honour of working with a beatle was enough. Out of control ego.

Archived