IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Senate votes to block rule on guns and mentally impaired

WASHINGTON - The Republican-led Senate has voted to block an Obama-era regulation that would prevent an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from being able to purchase a firearm.

The 57 to 43 vote to revoke the regulation now sends the measure to President Donald Trump, who is expected to sign it.

The Obama administration rule strengthened the federal background check system by requiring the Social Security Administration to include the names of beneficiaries with mental impairments who also have a third party to manage their benefits.

But critics say the rule was too broad and unfairly stigmatized the disabled. With a Republican ally in the White House, the GOP has moved aggressively to rescind several late Obama administration regulations.

Big L.A. don't give a Fuck. I remember that YT with the fat guy bump-firing the Glock going viral several years back, but this is next level.

(Well, actually it's devoid of any intellectualism. The more I attempt street dialect, the dumber I sound.)

FBI: White Supremacist Says He Planned to Kill Jews ‘In the Spirit of Dylann Roof'

“Dylann roof did what these tattoos wearing so badass is supposed to be doing they don't give f*** about their white race,” he wrote on January 5. “All they wanne do is stay loaded on drugs the Jews put here to destory white man and they feast on the drugs. they should be Feasting on the enemy that stole their Heritage and their bloodline and trying to run us off of this Earth you can post pictures off****** Viking and swords all the s*** you want to post if you ain't got the heart to fight for Yahweh like dylann roof did you need to shut the f******up damn right I'm pissed off when I see a f******white young and disable beat him to death before f******n****** and white people running:their f******mouth not doing nothing!!!!!! !damn right I'm pissed off'.”

“Clean up world jewelry [sic] in the name of Yahweh,” he wrote on January 25, in apparent reference to “Jewry.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/16/fbi-white-supremacist-says-he-planned-to-kill-jews-in-the-spirit-of-dylann-roof.html

Edited by doublename

[Football guy] Jameis Winston says he used 'poor word choice' after telling kids that girls are 'supposed to be silent'

"All my young boys, stand up. The ladies, sit down," Winston told his audience. "But all my boys, stand up. We strong, right? We strong! We strong, right? All my boys, tell me one time: I can do anything I put my mind to. Now a lot of boys aren't supposed to be soft-spoken. You know what I'm saying? One day y'all are going to have a very deep voice like this [in deep voice]. One day, you'll have a very, very deep voice.

"But the ladies, they're supposed to be silent, polite, gentle. My men, my men [are] supposed to be strong. I want y'all to tell me what the third rule of life is: I can do anything I put my mind to. Scream it!"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-jameis-winston-students-20170223-story.html

The NFL  :cerious:

Edited by doublename

[Football guy] Jameis Winston says he used 'poor word choice' after telling kids that girls are 'supposed to be silent'

"All my young boys, stand up. The ladies, sit down," Winston told his audience. "But all my boys, stand up. We strong, right? We strong! We strong, right? All my boys, tell me one time: I can do anything I put my mind to. Now a lot of boys aren't supposed to be soft-spoken. You know what I'm saying? One day y'all are going to have a very deep voice like this [in deep voice]. One day, you'll have a very, very deep voice.

"But the ladies, they're supposed to be silent, polite, gentle. My men, my men [are] supposed to be strong. I want y'all to tell me what the third rule of life is: I can do anything I put my mind to. Scream it!"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-jameis-winston-students-20170223-story.html

The NFL  :cerious:

oooohhhh, if this thread turns into a jameis winston thread, it will collapse this thread unto itself. That guys a living, breathing dank meme.

There's no definitive answer. And anyone here who will attempt to draw that conclusion will not be without some sort of bias, myself included, since it will be debatable regardless. To find a single answer that will see unanimous agreement with the 7 billion plus humans on this planet - next to impossible.

Hope that helps.

Christ yo, terrible.

I do recommend watching the video of the man who subdued the gunman though, it will restore your faith in humanity a little.  May he never buy a beer for himself for the rest of his life

‘I appeal to all the parents in India not to send their children’ to the U.S., distraught father says after shooting

“There is a kind of hysteria spreading that is not good because so many of our beloved children live there,” said Venu Madhav, a relative of Srinivas Kuchibhotla, the young software engineer fatally shot Wednesday night. “Such hatred is not good for people.”

wpo.st/46qd2

Edited by doublename

Is there any way for this country to have a rational discussion of the idea that (a tiny, minuscule, really very small number of) veterans may be a may be a national security threat? This latest shooting, the beltway sniper, McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Nidal Hassan, Wade Michael Page (Sikh temple shooting), Frazier Glenn Miller (Jewish center shooting)... Lee Harvey Oswald.

Edited by doublename

you mean national security threats are statistically more prevalent amongst veterans? or just that veterans can be a national threat as well. just like people in general?

you mean national security threats are statistically more prevalent amongst veterans? or just that veterans can be a national threat as well. just like people in general?

A little of both -

In the 90s the FBI was concerned about the penetration of domestic extremist groups into the military and law enforcement.

This from a DHS report called 'Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political

Climate Fueling Resurgence in

Radicalization and Recruitment' from 2009, but mentioning anything like this in public is deeply taboo.

(U//FOUO) DHS/I&A assesses that rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat. These skills and knowledge have the potential to boost the capabilities of extremists—including lone wolves or small terrorist cells—to carry out violence. The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today.