IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Has anyone read her book, Barbarians: How Baby Boomers, Immigrants, and Islam Screwed My Generation?

edit: She should be in the How Does the World View Canada Thread though. Don't blame us for this one.

RQH4CsB.png

just an excerpt from her masterpiece

Ugggg. I had no idea. Sorry y'all.

alt-right demagogues gave lonely people meaning in life, they gave them an enemy (Muslims), now they see themselves as crusaders, protectors of the west, the invaders are coming!!!

Has anyone read her book, Barbarians: How Baby Boomers, Immigrants, and Islam Screwed My Generation?

edit: She should be in the How Does the World View Canada Thread though. Don't blame us for this one.

nope. I don't think I'd even read a tweet of hers. I saw her attempting to give her opinion on some show and she kept having to be corrected midway every sentence

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I know a guy from work whose life was saved by Obamacare, don't know what trump's plan is but if it is anything like trump's steaks I fear for the poor and sick \

I still don't understand why the people of this country reject universal health care, if theres one clear thing a government should provide is health care to its citizens 

Edited by Deer

^^^ because they believe a bunch of people who don't deserve it (minorities) are benefiting from it. for them, it also explains why it's so expensive, not to mention compulsory. 

Making the government be the 'single payer' was too 'big government' for them.

Same fucks who use red diesel commenting about how the government has too many programs. Absolute cognitive dissonance

I just don't understand what people think government should do

protection, education and health care, this is what gov't is for!!!!!! nobody is gonna think less of you if you use gov't programs to provide you and your family these benefits

Right wing propaganda has warped peoples mind, they'll rather spend their hard earned money on military than on their fellow citizens, this is some sick satanic shit right here

Edited by Deer

There are so so so many people like in that country rap video. 

Also I can promise that half the boys in that video can't drive a stick either, like he was so worried about denigrating. Music and rapping are absolutely fucking terrible, but that goes without explaining to anyone with ears.

This has to be some meta-troll. Right? Right?

And that Kentucky-Obamacare video just makes me sad. Good people conned by a snake-oil salesman and fear of a changing world stoked by populism.

"West Virginia, Tennessee. New York City ain't for me."

Well, guess what? NYC is where your new president is from!

(Nothing against average New Yorkers of course. I know he's already widely unpopular back home.)

Also pretty sure that dude copied Ninja's sleeveless white hoodie style.

Edited by ambermonk

And that Kentucky-Obamacare video just makes me sad. Good people conned by a snake-oil salesman and fear of a changing world stoked by populism.

Same. I have no animosity towards these voters but it's heartbreaking how swiftly and shamelessly Turtleface and pals turned their back on them. I hope that they remember who's responsible come the next election.

The Яepublican party is so patriotic, they sold us out to a foreign dictator and with their cuts on environmental regulations, probably make the American bald eagle go exctinct, just to be extra poetic about it. 

I know a guy from work whose life was saved by Obamacare, don't know what trump's plan is but if it is anything like trump's steaks I fear for the poor and sick \

I still don't understand why the people of this country reject universal health care, if theres one clear thing a government should provide is health care to its citizens 

^^^ because they believe a bunch of people who don't deserve it (minorities) are benefiting from it. for them, it also explains why it's so expensive, not to mention compulsory. 

Making the government be the 'single payer' was too 'big government' for them.

Same fucks who use red diesel commenting about how the government has too many programs. Absolute cognitive dissonance

The answer is at the start of that Vox clip: 88% without college degree.

They have to understand what "single payer" means to be against it. My guess is they don't know. And might even don't care.

The clip shows they're not happy with the current plans and want something better, less expensive. Which is perfectly valid. And they believed Trump could provide that. I hope I don't sound too cynical, but these people simply aren't rocket scientists. Their understanding of the world is a different one. And that has less to do with ideology (or cognitive dissonance) than sometimes seems to be implied, and more with capacity to understand, if you ask me. 

A reason they didn't believe Clinton was probably that they didn't emotionally connect with Clinton like they did to Trump. There was some 538 article, I think, which concluded that education level was by far the best predictor for voting behavior in the 2016 elections. Forget about the russians or comey. It's intelligence. (factoid: the average iq being 100, means half of the population has an iq below 100 ...)