IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

On 7/18/2023 at 10:44 AM, trying to be less rude said:

looks like trump will be indicted by the feds for his failed coup. maybe end of week or next week.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/18/trump-says-hes-received-a-target-letter-from-special-counsel-jack-smiths-jan-6-investigators-00106776

:nelson:

despite the fact that he always wriggles out of trouble like an unsquishable worm, this is pretty lovely news. jack better make a hell of a case out of this. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cern said:

cringe 

the memes about this song are going gangbusters 

edit: also, people are calling him out for everything and anything.. .deservedly so it seems. 

114wa3ir6rdb1.jpg?width=550&auto=webp&s=

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, picklish2 said:

spam

have you ever had spam musubi? that stuff is amazing. does UK not have some kind of canned meats? 

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

have you ever had spam musubi? that stuff is amazing. does UK not have some kind of canned meats? 

We do also have spammed meat but I assumed that was Brit cuisine anyway. Spam musubi looks a different vibe altogether. But I meant Gary Thuerk's bastard

rt8zQFGSumhqe7HRLx5JSAjf6sx5m1Nhk357dFFX

16 hours ago, picklish2 said:

I meant Gary Thuerk's bastard

had to google that guy and yes.. that spam is a real bastard. for whatever reason my brain went right to spam in the can.. the dense chewy like bacon ham that everyone turns their nose up at but secretly thinks is delicious. 

yeah.. this guy.. fuck him!

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Gary-Thuerk

This comment probably belongs more in the "pointless thoughts and observations" thread, but I just watched a YT short of a WWII vet shouting at a bunch of protesters who were also vets. I think it was recorded in 2019, or some time before during the last presidency before COVID, because they were holding up signs calling from Trump's impeachment.

Anyway, I think that old vet plus most everybody in the comments section misunderstood the protesters as disrespecting and making fun of him, when one of the protestors were making the point that Trump was using him as a prop. The top voted comment literally advocated for him to commit a mass shooting against the protesters. And then another comment in that thread was from an Iraq war veteran saying the medals the WWII vet were wearing somehow don't match his branch of service, therefore sus. Curious.

I dunno. Keyboard warriors gonna be keyboard warriors. But it's just another reminder that even now nationalism/jingoism is alive and well. Also that as a country we're politically bipolar af. I mean, what happened to some fucking sanity being dominant in politics?

Fuck it. If my Wi-Fi were to go out indefinitely right now, it would be a blessing. The internet gives me a headache sometimes.

Edited by ambermonk