IGNORED

The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy

Soloman Tump

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible new track. I'm sure some poor misguided fools will have a good time moshing to it at this years summer festival curcuit.

Do you remember when they released 'Baby's Got a Temper' in the early 2000s and everyone thought it sounded like a fan made Prodigy track circa Fat of The Land so Liam got in a sulk and so redid the album in a new style (erm, that'd my memory of it - how much is true I've no idea). Well maybe the same thing will happen with this one ....

Guest bitroast

Do you remember when they released 'Baby's Got a Temper' in the early 2000s and everyone thought it sounded like a fan made Prodigy track circa Fat of The Land so Liam got in a sulk and so redid the album in a new style (erm, that'd my memory of it - how much is true I've no idea). Well maybe the same thing will happen with this one ....

oh man, just reading up on some prodigy lore atm. keith flint had a solo album w/ band in 2003 and it was cancelled (altho its all available online and on youtube, etc).

there's a version of babys got a temper. it sounds like the track was remixed and just cliché-y prodigy/fat of the land sounds tacked ontop ???

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJt9TbLP_w4[/media]

oh man, just reading up on some prodigy lore atm. keith flint had a solo album w/ band in 2003 and it was cancelled (altho its all available online and on youtube, etc).

there's a version of babys got a temper. it sounds like the track was remixed and just cliché-y prodigy/fat of the land sounds tacked ontop ???

[media]

]
Oh shit, I've been looking for that album for a while. I quite like that version (I have a soft spot for that kind of late 90s/early 2000s vaguely industrial rock).

Guest bitroast

i don't exactly love the track or anything but tbh its a great deal more coherent and greater energy than the prodigy version...

I guess they are really living like the guy in the video now not giving much of a fuck while putting out a new lp just for the sake of milking the brand a bit more

[media]

]
Oh shit, I've been looking for that album for a while. I quite like that version (I have a soft spot for that kind of late 90s/early 2000s vaguely industrial rock).

You should dig up Machines of Loving Grace - their album fills that need nicely.

What I don't like about the Prodigy is that "ooh we are soooo evil" bullshit thing. Same has been used by Heavy Metal bands and in my school this has attracted the guys with the lowest number of brain cells, a bit uninspiring IMO.

lol

relistened to experience today and this still has to be their apogee

A fine example of what make the Experience as good as it is. Oh, and The Weather Experience.

i get what he's saying, but why are the dj's to blame? he should blame the idiots to pay to see that crap because they wouldn't do it if they couldn't get away with it. so imo his anger is misdirected

and the new single from their new album isn't good

Guest trananhhung

that's the thing though, i was a way too young to even know what that was and everything else i listened to was rock stuff. i guess kind of felt there was something a bit cheesy about experience but it somehow transcended that. didn't listen to them as a teenager at all but rediscoved experience in a big way after that. he was just really creative on that record i think just pure thrill of all these changes and ideas! it still holds up after getting pretty deep into all the other cocurrent hardcore stuff of the time.

so there's definitely some kind of nostalgic element but to me it's family summer holidays, mountain biking, reading-tolkien, boc-y childhood shit i probably associate with it. (distinctly remember thinking that weather experience would perfectly soundtrack the lead up to and battle with the balrog in lotr perfectly haha)

weather experience (balrog acid mix)

Still, I think nostalgia goggles are required to enjoy that stuff these days.

I mean, listen to this shit:

That's the kind of thing someone would make today ironically to upload to their alt joke Soundcloud account.

I love this!

Archived