IGNORED

10 Years Since WATMM Crashed

Rubin Farr

I realize we passed that point in November, (well technically 9 years and counting but lets just pretend) so congrats to Joyrex for the consistent work, I almost never get a dropped connection. Here's to another 10!

I had a job interview yesterday where I used watmm as a positive talking point about being involved in an online community.

The interviewer was aware of the forum and said we were all especially weird.

I had a job interview yesterday where I used watmm as a positive talking point about being involved in an online community.

zole

LOL, really? What job were you applying for, Aphex Twin's sound engineer?

I tried this awhile back when Warp were advertising a role, surprisingly I never heard anything from them.

LOL, really? What job were you applying for, Aphex Twin's sound engineer?

Yes. But the interview was cut short when he found me wanking on his Synton Fenix.

i take that as a compliment

tumblr_lsmonudp4G1qchqb8o1_400.png

Guest bitroast

lol that is utterly hilarious. I do feel that syro and the aaa and other recent stuff like online music publications constantly using watmm as an idm news source (edm news source depending on the dumb site) has bumped up the sites status quo a bit (largely thanks to joyrexs work of course of course!!).

the job interviewer no doubt knows which watmmer is you now you've made the connection. unless you outright told them "I am Braintree."

If I was having a job interview and they started asking "you post on watmm?? which watmmer are you??" i'd have to stop and think for a bit "if I was employing a watmmer who would I want to employ??".

Pretending to be joyrex would be pretty sweet. "I run the place."

lol that is utterly hilarious. I do feel that syro and the aaa and other recent stuff like online music publications constantly using watmm as an idm news source (edm news source depending on the dumb site) has bumped up the sites status quo a bit (largely thanks to joyrexs work of course of course!!).

the job interviewer no doubt knows which watmmer is you now you've made the connection. unless you outright told them "I am Braintree."

If I was having a job interview and they started asking "you post on watmm?? which watmmer are you??" i'd have to stop and think for a bit "if I was employing a watmmer who would I want to employ??".

Pretending to be joyrex would be pretty sweet. "I run the place."

"Tell us what the new shit is or say goodbye to the job!!!!!!!!!!!"

Didn't watmm fall over when Syro was first first announced back in August last year?

I don't think it fell over since there was still connection but it was definitely sitting on the threshold.

Also, the crash 10 years ago wiped out the whole board - everyone had to re-register, which is why my reg. date is from Nov05. I can't remember my real reg. date.. probably Mar03.

Oh, so it wasn't WATMM's fault, wherever the server was, and the info, was deleted?

I'm looking behind us now. Across the long count of time... down the long haul, into history back.

I see the end what were the start. It's Pox-Eclipse! Full of pain! And out of it were birthed crackling dust and fearsome time. It were full-on winter, and Mr. Funk chasing them all....

Didn't watmm fall over when Syro was first first announced back in August last year?

I don't think it fell over since there was still connection but it was definitely sitting on the threshold.

We've since upgraded the server's CPU and RAM, so any future big events should go smoothly. We'll know soon I hope...

Also, the crash 10 years ago wiped out the whole board - everyone had to re-register, which is why my reg. date is from Nov05. I can't remember my real reg. date.. probably Mar03.

Oh, so it wasn't WATMM's fault, wherever the server was, and the info, was deleted?

No - at the time, we were on a dodgy budget hosting company, who one day closed up shop, and I wasn't as fastidious with my backups as I am nowadays - it was easier to start fresh, although painful to lose 4+ years of posts and valuable info.

Yeah scary to think I've been here on & off for like 12-13 years. Without that '05 crash I'd probably have about 10k more posts. I went in back in the day.

Many years and many lols, and while there might not be threads of nice shemale pics anymore this place is still ok in my book.

@Braintree ~~ How was "WATMM" said aloud? Did you & the potential employer say say "part of the We Are The Music Makers forum" or did you say "a WATTUMMER"?

Archived