IGNORED

Vote On Your Favourite User18081971 Tracks!

Joyrex

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was difficult! I keep changing my votes though because I remember new songs. Also I feel like I should vote on some of the less popular ones that I like, I kind of feel sorry for them especially if they sound cute or really heartfelt. That kind of makes me omit some of the more bangin' ones too.

It's like I have gone to some animal sanctuary and I have to choose some animals to take home or they will be put down. There are these guard dogs who are strong and loyal but then there are these beautiful birds or this cute little rabbit or something and I know that they would all make good pets but I end up choosing the cute or beautiful animal because it has a hold of my heart.

It probably sounds a bit stupid but does anyone else feel like the prettier tracks influence them in this way when voting at all?

How many people are logging in but not voting yet? There is a reasonable % of users who haven't voted yet.

If that's the case, all good, its a dynamic voting system after all - just want to make sure people aren't thinking the site automatically saves votes before clicking "save".

How many people are logging in but not voting yet? There is a reasonable % of users who haven't voted yet.

If that's the case, all good, its a dynamic voting system after all - just want to make sure people aren't thinking the site automatically saves votes before clicking "save".

Well I logged in ~12 hours ago and only made a first selection of 20 just now. I did notice the save warning but I'd been reading the thread beforehand so I can't say if the way the thing functions is obvious enough to the completely "naive".

Guest bitroast

is there any point in voting Space Beat?

i currently got a vote on it cos i still love it and would to own it as part of an aphex-y album on vinyl along with all the other cool tracks but might be a misdirected / pointless vote ??

Just want to point out that the mobile layout isn't working correctly on Firefox and Chrome on Android. Chrome has a tool for mobile emulation for testing, under the f12 developer toolbar. Could help with the CSS or JS if needed.

Thanks for making this great site!

Also, little UX thing, would be nice to be able to play your selections from the top, you have to scroll to hear them.

jQuery UI has a function for drag and drop reordering, and you can roll your own version of the library on their site, with just the features you need

Nod, the responsive design needs improving - already on the TODO :)

There's a git repo if anyone wants to assist - message me and I can shoot you the URL

Edited by xf

This is the Night Mail crossing the border

Bringing the cheque and the postal order

^

thanks xf and crew for making the site, really beautiful!

A poll is a good idea and fun, but it brings into focus how consistent and amazing the uploads have been, sure some are more popular, but there are many many special tracks

The site is a better way to browse the tracks! It doesn't stop and reload every 5 tracks, so you can stream from utopia to nightmail

alpha omega people

yay :music::facepalm::nyan:

but they don't play through

make them play through :diablo:

Make a baby has 100 votes already. You guys are weird.

Kids Beach not getting the love it deserves but that's okay, the quality on it is pretty good already.

Can't wait for a good version of Floating.

Nice work on the site!

Voted.

Incredibly hard to reduce to a top 20 but I think I've got a definite 15 with a shortlist of 30 for the remaining 5 votes.

It would be useful if he made the remaining tracks (that aren't available so far) downloadable, that way they would get the same plays as the rest when folk are listening on the bus, in the car etc. and their favourites over time will eventually be revealed.

Thanks to those who made this happen!