IGNORED

Name one thing about modern day life that really irritates you

fumi

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the alt right vs SWJ cultural war, its fucking boring and it takes way too much time, attention and energy from our collective mind. Its ruining mainstream internet too

this - it's always devolves into fucking echo chamber circlejerk versus echo chamber circlejerk. you can't say anything on public media without potentially being targeted and shamed from any side. it's killing intellectual debate. also I don't care about gamegate.

give me a robust talk IRL with someone over some beers over that shit anyday

Yeah this has gotten absurd and it's so pointlessly polarizing.

Disparity of wealth continuing to grow.

Abolish inheritance over $5 million

Otherwise we just spin our wheels wondering (idiotically) why there are still dynasties

Totally with this. I kinda wish we could just sterilize the rich but if that won't fly then your way is a little more reasonable.

Imagine if someone wrote a NYT editorial/open letter saying "You black people need pull your pants up"...just how horrifyingly idiotic that person would seem? Addressing a whole race of people and telling them to get their act together is....well, that's shit Trump does.

But that's all moot, because the people she most wants to reach aren't reachable anyway. She seems to think institutional racism exists because deep down, every white person is racist. C'mon now.

youtubers making millions of views with crap / stupid content

same goes to the girls on instagram

pokemon go retarded people

people using Windows

sorry couldn't say just "one thing"

There's this guy on a forum I visit who keeps...having afterthoughts? So after he's made a post he follows it up with another post immediately afterwords with one more line related to the post he just made.

It irrationally annoys me.

triggered-h3h3-gif.gif

Imagine if someone wrote a NYT editorial/open letter saying "You black people need pull your pants up"...just how horrifyingly idiotic that person would seem? Addressing a whole race of people and telling them to get their act together is....well, that's shit Trump does.

But that's all moot, because the people she most wants to reach aren't reachable anyway. She seems to think institutional racism exists because deep down, every white person is racist. C'mon now.

I think the idea of "privilege" was introduced as race war propaganda. And everyone is falling for it...

it's ironic that these people think (correctly) that race is a social construct, yet they spend all their time doing everything they possibly can to reinforce those made up racial boundaries. if these folk spent more time focusing on practical policy based activism, rather than prattling off their cultish pod-person jargon at every opportunity, shit might actually get done.

it's horrifyingly idiotic on your part to assume that american black person saying white people do/are X is the same same as white american saying black people are/do X.

That's pretty tame compared to the word vomit azealia banks exudes but yeah, this is why I don't read pitchfork or any other selective 'music journalism news'

it's still bullshit though and a slippery slope to go down considering many of her listeners, collaborators, PR people, etc. are white. She's an indie electronic vocalist after all, I'm pretty certain that's her main audience. I'm not trying to disagree or divert or whatever I just feel like as much as racism persists so does a class system and wealth disparity and that is what needs to be fundamentally changed as an institution of power.

it's horrifyingly idiotic on your part to assume that american black person saying white people do/are X is the same same as white american saying black people are/do X.

Also equating some bullshit social media post with an NYT op-ed.

It's more like some trash music publication picked up a boring singer's long af Instagram post for clicks.

They are selective as hell about it too. IIRC the same time they were joining other music sites in giving Whirr shit because their lead singer is a bit of an asshole who tweets homophobic stuff they completely refused to acknowedge their prized hype band deafheaven's guitarist regularly tweeted the word 'faggot' as an insult

That little tribe of twoism members who hate watmm and Joyrex

Wtf is that all about? If you want to talk music, you come here, you plot up at the bar, pour yourself a fucking drink and get on with it. Alright we might not all see eye to eye but at least we get stuck in. There's a contingent over there who despise us. I think they are fucking well odd. Look at the Random Sound Forum, still droning on about Stars of the Lid (hah cool pun, but not intended!) last album.

You don't like us? Fuck You!

:emotawesomepm9:

Social Darwinism, in a few superficial variants under a few alternate names.  So many huge social problems today (and by "today" I mean "of the last 150 years or so) can be traced back to variants on the theme of Social Darwinism, and it has very little relation to how the world (or actual Darwinian science) really works.

Really burns my biscuits.

(Economic) Libertarianism and it's growing popularity

(I mean the Peter Thiele 'de-regulate everything' strain)

It's what happens when people take the perks of civilization for granted

And/or wanna make a buck off the commons

For example, Nestle just outbid Ontario on a 'public' water source

This is the libertarian dream

You want some water to drink? You better hope Nestle doesn't have incentive to pollute it (which they have a history of doing, so...)

Here is a serious and upsetting one.

I have a 13 year old son and despite my best efforts to educate him on the things of true value in this world, he still places a lot of importance on social media "likes".

I find myself constantly correcting him on stuff like this.

If I ask his little mates what they want to be when they grow up, it's not uncommon to get "youtuber" as a response. This is a serious career goal in their eyes.

They put a lot of energy into trying to come up with youtube video ideas that they think will get them followers and somehow make them rich.

There is a small degree of entrepreneurial spirit about it which I kind of admire in these little kids but it's just so deluded and sickening.

The importance that these children are placing on followers and likes is absurd. 

You might think that it's simple enough for an intelligent parent to knock something like this on the head but it really is not easy. You're up against an entire culture that attacks your kids from every fucking angle. It's a grotesque monster that is completely fucking destroying the future of our species. A mind nonce.

I know I sound old.

How about you stop being so negative and encourage him to do things tangential to this superficial interest?  Get him some decent video editing software, maybe he will become a director.  

When I was 13 my friends were making a video for a health class and we spliced in a few seconds of me sitting on the toilet fight club style. It fucking killed in the classroom, but they got in some trouble for it.

Anyhow, what I'm getting at is that when you're 13 you're rarely going to have a super serious interest in artistic expression. You're still just fucking around, but enabling people to express their interest to a higher level will enable them to transition to something like making real art later. So yeah, I agree with zeff. I don't have kids though so I have no serious qualifications to discuss children.

As far as diverting them from culture. The only thing I think that works is creating the environment you want for them at home and exposing them to different forms of expression, even if it's against their will. Like taking them to see some sort of live performance, playing your music all the time, watching your movies all time, etc. It's good that they are interested in making something at all.

When I was around that age jackass and that early bam margera shit was super popular and making videos in a similar vein was really fun(although I always got in trouble when my parents found the videos. Apparently lighting your entire driveway on fire with gasoline isn't safe. Who would have thought?) I also had desired to make gaming content like videos and streaming from an early age. I just sort of missed that boat by half a decade or so. Anyway, I would find a lot of satisfaction in being a content creator like that. Just because they want to be successful doesn't make it entirely vacuous in my opinion. fuck at leas their interested in something.

I heard some psychologists talking about dreams/goals semi-recently

And how to tell if they're healthy and/or realistic

Essentially, if you can't envision the intermediate steps between you and (e.g.) "famous YouTuber" then that dream/goal is gonna do more harm than good

(And all the findings seem to suggest the harm is indeed great)

HAVING to go into an office most days when realistically I no longer need to.

Reading sentences people have written that start with "Hell," or even worse "Heck,".

I will just stop reading at that point and will usually immediately turn off the device.

For example "Heck, with network speeds these days I don't even need to go into the office"

FUUUUCCCK OFFFFF YOU ABSOLUTE CUNT

haha, pho realzest

try a Cardiff City home game, the wannabe hooligan/fattest cunts alive elements with an average age of 40+, throwing fuckin coins into the away end full of women & kids....

it was worse in the late 70's/early 80's, apparently, but with no TARDIS @ hand i just see fkn 'tards

Rotherham away tomorrow, cue endless chants about child abuse & the Yorkshire-themed "Jimmy Savile, he's cumming 4 you"

Archived