IGNORED

Aphex Twin announced for Flow Festival, Helsinki

Kennylogg Bubblebath

That's weird, anything I download from mega shows up in my default downloads folder (Mac/Chrome). Are you closing the tab before it finishes? Mega downloads in itself and once the download finishes it shoots you the file in a fraction of the time.

If all else fails I can try to throw it in my Box account when I get home, unless they have a size limit (the wav is 1.4GB approx)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, I tried again and it just shows the bar as "complete", but it's not prompting my browser to choose a file location and there is no other button or anything to finalize the download.

Especially weird as I could SWEAR I've used mega.nz before.

le-sigh =(

In the airport now. Connecting flight is delayed 40 minutes.

Aleksi Perala full 1080p front row video uploading when I get home....well almost. Security came over and said user sauli and I couldn't record the full show so I lost about 5 minutes of the set. I snuck the recording back on after he left though. Sorry Aleksi.

A highlight of Sunday was composer SØS Gunver Ryberg. I've never heard of her before before her set. It was fast dark Autechrey/Old AFX melodic kicks set with creepy pads layered on top. I managed to pull her off for a picture afterwards. She mentioned she was super camera shy so I'm going to refrain from posting her picture with me on this site. We talked for a bit and I asked her if she had a Bandcamp, and said that she doesn't have much material out because of many unfinished tracks. She mainly does live sets like this Boiler Room set here. The video does no justice to how amazing the set was. If you ever have the opportunity to see her work live, do it.

I did some Googling and found that she was one of the composers for that INSIDE side scrolling game. Super cool!

And that 24-bit WAV recording is amazing. Thank you so much to whomever made that happen.

I'll talk more about it on the next WATD show Saturday.

lol stupid question, but I've downloaded that file 3x using chrome and have no idea where mega.nz is saving it. I've searched a ton of folders.

Where-it-goooo?

ctrl + j to bring up downloads and see if its there?? 

hey folks....

I'd no phone service at the fest  - really did not miss being online though - and back to ireland/work now so finally dialling in. Before I came into the office I d/l'd the ktonoyoia wav recording so can't wait to hear it when I get home and compare to my own here: https://www.mixcloud.com/keyfumbler/

The sound was great up front where were were - best yet of the fests this year  - super clear and not too bassy!

Yeh amazing set really - suprisingly smooth intro compared to DFN/Field day which were more abstract but it did get progressively zanier. We (Whitley, Kattin2) of course spotted analord "halibut acid", End E2, the SAW2 mash and Squarepusher near the end - Saracid 2 from Burnin'n'g Tree.  He really does always fit one in! Love it. Possibly unlreased stuff tooo but maybe Monolith? 

I totally expected "Tamphex" seeing as we were at Flow festival and there were giant bloodcells everywhere and Richie does tend to drop in location-related tracks into his sets. Oh well!

The second "DJ" was a big surprise  - seems to be same person as with Fuji based on a scan through new Fuji footage even though  all you could see was "his/her" hairline. Seems to be  a woman though. 

So on Sat the three of us went out for  a bite and passing by a resteraunt I double-taked (pun intended)thinking I saw d'twin with 3 others eating his din-dins! Full-on face-to-face 2 second stare! 

Whitley and Kattin double-backed (pun 2!) to confirm but not wanting to be too creepy they didn't get a decent gander so said it wasn't him. Well I'm still 50-50 about it to be honest - but am happy enough to have snagged some decent Flow posters with RDJ's noggin earlier on with the fam.

Overall it was great fest... met plenty of watmm/discord peeps - new and old, young and mature-ravers. Finn crowd was excellent - this festival was VERY well put together. The Dublin folks need to learn a few things.

Who knows where's next...

lol stupid question, but I've downloaded that file 3x using chrome and have no idea where mega.nz is saving it. I've searched a ton of folders.

Where-it-goooo?

ctrl + j to bring up downloads and see if its there?? 

negative. searched by file name etc its nowhere on comp

I totally expected "Tamphex" seeing as we were at Flow festival and there were giant bloodcells everywhere and Richie does tend to drop in location-related tracks into his sets. Oh well!

He did play a SAWII track, and we "were standing in a power plant on acid"

holy wow, flow was a great family meetup facilitated by the lure of another killer set by our man rdj. weirdcore's visuals also do not cease to disappoint! 

before dfn, i'd never seen aphex live, and this weekend at flow was my 4th time this year. every gig has been different, from the tracklists to the people i've met, and yes i know how fortunate i've been (though my bank account begs to differ). thanks watmm for all the new friends and adventures this year, thanks to phudoshin for curating live aphex over the years, and thanks whitley for setting up that orginal dfn discord (now #snareup). somehow, i fit into all of this although i'm shit at keeping up with forums.

from where phudo, whitley, sauli, and i were standing in the crowd at flow, i could see the top half of the mystery guest's head. pleebs are never going to stop calling aphex a "them" now! here are the best photos i got, for anyone who wants to speculate - i figured if he/she/they didn't want to be seen/photographed, he/she/they should've gotten a shorter stool! ;)

post-20591-0-91440800-1502731166_thumb.jpg

post-20591-0-12397100-1502731199_thumb.jpg

our pal GreystarMusic is doing a nice job over at reddit to compile a tracklisting of richie's set. various links to recordings there, also.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/6t67kg/aphex_twin_at_helsinki_flow_festival_2017/

so much to digest in the weeks ahead...

holy wow, flow was a great family meetup facilitated by the lure of another killer set by our man rdj. weirdcore's visuals also do not cease to disappoint! 

before dfn, i'd never seen aphex live, and this weekend at flow was my 4th time this year. every gig has been different, from the tracklists to the people i've met, and yes i know how fortunate i've been (though my bank account begs to differ). thanks watmm for all the new friends and adventures this year, thanks to phudoshin for curating live aphex over the years, and thanks whitley for setting up that orginal dfn discord (now #snareup). somehow, i fit into all of this although i'm shit at keeping up with forums.

from where phudo, whitley, sauli, and i were standing in the crowd at flow, i could see the top half of the mystery guest's head. pleebs are never going to stop calling aphex a "them" now! here are the best photos i got, for anyone who wants to speculate - i figured if he/she/they didn't want to be seen/photographed, he/she/they should've gotten a shorter stool! ;)

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender (1).jpg

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender (2).jpg

our pal GreystarMusic is doing a nice job over at reddit to compile a tracklisting of richie's set. various links to recordings there, also.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/6t67kg/aphex_twin_at_helsinki_flow_festival_2017/

That might be Weirdcore himself... although he usually sits elsewhere during gigs...

I assumed it was weirdcore.. but can you even do visuals facing that direction? I kinda hope it is him though. Really the RDJ live "band" is weirdcore, light man, and phex doing the selektin and modular stuff. Props to all 3. 

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender (1).jpg

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender (2).jpg

That might be Weirdcore himself... although he usually sits elsewhere during gigs...

I didn't even think of this, but you're right. He wasn't up there at field day, day for night, Coachella etc etc

is it just me or is richard mixing tracks in almost all the time on the offbeat? is he doing this on purpose? i was wondering, cause it sounds nice quite often, as you don't expect it and get a different, interesting result, other times it seems a bit weird...

i mean, maybe he's just saying "fuck the system, i'm aphex twin and i mix in offbeat!" :-D!

A highlight of Sunday was composer SØS Gunver Ryberg. I've never heard of her before before her set. It was fast dark Autechrey/Old AFX melodic kicks set with creepy pads layered on top. I managed to pull her off for a picture afterwards. She mentioned she was super camera shy so I'm going to refrain from posting her picture with me on this site. We talked for a bit and I asked her if she had a Bandcamp, and said that she doesn't have much material out because of many unfinished tracks. She mainly does live sets like this Boiler Room set here. The video does no justice to how amazing the set was. If you ever have the opportunity to see her work live, do it.

I did some Googling and found that she was one of the composers for that INSIDE side scrolling game. Super cool!

Good stuff, thanks, loved INSIDE too.

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=1390863788 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]

Archived