IGNORED

New Nine Inch Nails EP, Reissues

Joyrex

Didnt they just re-issue the fragile and PHM in like 2013?  and the instrumental fragile tracks posted to Apple music were a little altered so not exactly the proper instrumental (which sort of relates to him saying theyre using unused parts on the instrumentals - sounds like what we already got) .

no hate from me tho i'm really curious to hear the Deviations1 thing and any new remastering.

EDIT: Ah ok found more details here: https://store.nin.com/products/the-fragile-deviations-1-2017

(didnt know they had natural born killers vinyl!!!!! if only i had a record player)

Edited by colunga

Didnt they just re-issue the fragile and PHM in like 2013?  and the instrumental fragile tracks posted to Apple music were a little altered so not exactly the proper instrumental (which sort of relates to him saying theyre using unused parts on the instrumentals - sounds like what we already got) .

no hate from me tho i'm really curious to hear the Deviations1 thing and any new remastering.

PHM was reissued, The Fragile was announced back then but it never surfaced.

£35 for Broken

lol

says 25 buckaroos on my end, unless you're including shipping. it's nice that they recreated the original packaging, with the separate tracks on the 7"

Nope, this isn't including shipping.

dgCIAVO.png

I'd like to start a thread (maybe in the new year) about our thoughts on how much new and old music we can consume. Because right now I find it something I'm struggling with the the goddamn weight of it all (maybe its an age thing, I'm a fucking old cunt lol), I definitely think I've reached the point where I'm zeroing out. The double-edged sword of having every record in the world being accessible online and all these old classic records released as hefty expensive vinyl reissues. I dunno....where does it end? It's not as much fun as it used to be, imo. There are only so many hours in the day.

The new year will see me totally change my approach to listening to music, possibly just going back to old school methods of simple but more refined ways of listening. I know there's an issue when I've been spending two years just listening to an endless whirlpool of new (lets be honest most of it shit) music which I never revisited more than once and yet I haven't in those two years listened to the first 5 Sabbath albums once in full (which to me is sacrilege), or Surfing on SIne Waves, Geogaddi, Velvet Underground and Nico, Low, even Reign In Blood and LP5! What the fuck is that all about? That is bollocks. It's cool though because I downloaded 10000 tapes recorded from a Brixton pirate radio station in 1991 and 40,000 mixtapes. Meanwhile my beloved copies of Remain in Light and KLF CHillout gathers another inch of stagnant dust What the fuck is going on?

And now I've reached the age that all my old favorite albums are going to be released as £100 vinyl special editions!! Fucking brilliant!

Sorry for the grumpy thread (that's a lie tbh) I'll get back into my grumpy cave. Goodnight.

Bastard :diablo::biggrin:

• Like 1

unnng I ordered Deviations ($150AU ouch) simply because The Fragile is my favourite NIN album and I really want to hear what he's done with it.. I'm tempted to get the reissue of the original album as well, just because the whole package is super lush (a friend of mine has a copy of the original pressing), will see if it hits stores.

Pretty keen to hear new NIN as well, even if it's just an EP!

I'd like to start a thread (maybe in the new year) about our thoughts on how much new and old music we can consume. Because right now I find it something I'm struggling with the the goddamn weight of it all (maybe its an age thing, I'm a fucking old cunt lol), I definitely think I've reached the point where I'm zeroing out. The double-edged sword of having every record in the world being accessible online and all these old classic records released as hefty expensive vinyl reissues. I dunno....where does it end? It's not as much fun as it used to be, imo. There are only so many hours in the day.

The new year will see me totally change my approach to listening to music, possibly just going back to old school methods of simple but more refined ways of listening. I know there's an issue when I've been spending two years just listening to an endless whirlpool of new (lets be honest most of it shit) music which I never revisited more than once and yet I haven't in those two years listened to the first 5 Sabbath albums once in full (which to me is sacrilege), or Surfing on SIne Waves, Geogaddi, Velvet Underground and Nico, Low, even Reign In Blood and LP5! What the fuck is that all about? That is bollocks. It's cool though because I downloaded 10000 tapes recorded from a Brixton pirate radio station in 1991 and 40,000 mixtapes. Meanwhile my beloved copies of Remain in Light and KLF CHillout gathers another inch of stagnant dust What the fuck is going on?

And now I've reached the age that all my old favorite albums are going to be released as £100 vinyl special editions!! Fucking brilliant!

Sorry for the grumpy thread (that's a lie tbh) I'll get back into my grumpy cave. Goodnight.

i feel you, like, totally.

personally been living under a rock musically for quite some years now and can't say i feel like missing out at all. we're at a point of total cultural oversaturation fo sho.

(that pretty hate machine reissue does look sexy, tho...)

Trent's double talking massively, he's hyping this Apple Music iTunes addon shit up like it's the greatest thing that the world's ever seen with this "Apple Connect" iTunes ping bullshit but then he's going around talking about how the only proper way to listen to music is on vinyl while at the same time promoting a digital STREAMING platform. Nothing says serious audio better than 256 AAC. He's not even selling the hi-res fragile deviations digital release on its own which is a pretty big fuck you to people who can't afford to spend $80 on a 4 LP collectors item. Do they even want money? They would make buckets if they just sold the hi-res download separately.

What happened to the guy in the video below?

Pretty cool new t-shirt, though

Edited by clarktrent

i feel you, like, totally.

personally been living under a rock musically for quite some years now and can't say i feel like missing out at all. we're at a point of total cultural oversaturation fo sho.

(that pretty hate machine reissue does look sexy, tho...)

Seconded

Shit! So yeah... Stoked abt hearing new Fragile outtakes, that's been my fav NIN release as well for quite a while. I was reeeaally feeling Still when I discovered that one a while back. That version of the track The Fragile... Hy shit. So sincere and real.

New NIN ep... Excited and i like the minimal artwork. What do you guys think, will it really be "inaccessible" and non-commercial sounding as Trent says this time or will it be more of the same? Though it's almost too late for me to care that much (a lil jaded from Nails' last few lps) but God, I'd love to hear something that goes deep like some of the deeper more abstract cuts on The Fragile or TDS. Even With Teeth had some beautiful pieces.

What do you guys think, will it really be "inaccessible" and non-commercial sounding as Trent says this time or will it be more of the same? Though it's almost too late for me to care that much (a lil jaded from Nails' last few lps) but God, I'd love to hear something that goes deep like some of the deeper more abstract cuts on The Fragile or TDS. Even With Teeth had some beautiful pieces.

I'm gonna trust what he says about it, but remember what he said about With-Teeth (Bleedthrough)? 13 hard punches to the face or something. lol

What do you guys think, will it really be "inaccessible" and non-commercial sounding as Trent says this time or will it be more of the same? Though it's almost too late for me to care that much (a lil jaded from Nails' last few lps) but God, I'd love to hear something that goes deep like some of the deeper more abstract cuts on The Fragile or TDS. Even With Teeth had some beautiful pieces.

I'm gonna trust what he says about it, but remember what he said about With-Teeth (Bleedthrough)? 13 hard punches to the face or something. lol

Haha very true. I liked With Teeth quite a bit, but agree that they werent Mr. Self Destruct or Wish style audio assaults like he implied. I think Right Where It Belongs and maybe Beside You In Time are some of the best NIN songs of all time though.

Edited by Lane Visitor

I'm a little disappointed that there is no CD release for this EP.... I don't love vinyl like lots of people because it's cumbersome to work with, but it's the only option that is given for this one except for this mysterious "physical component."

I do want to get The Fragile thing there, but $80? I can't imagine I'll be able to afford that anytime soon. Release it on CD......

Not related to the EP but the website, it's quite a shame that remix.nin.com is suddenly gone without notice (even though most tracks on there were quite honestly shit). Still, it was kinda fun to go there every so often. Didn't Rob promise like 4 years ago that the official forums and the remix page would be overhauled? I wonder where that went. Probably with Tension 2013 and the Wave Goodbye releases.