IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

There is an effort to discredit the #ME TOO movement. Expect lots of “leftist” heroes to be swept up in it, though some will undoubtedly be true. As the Trump Titanic sinks, this their last ditch effort at deflection and projection, considering what Trump is guilty of.

It’s not a “pee pee tape” FYI... look up his comments about Jeffrey Epstein and what that guy is known for.

There is an effort to discredit the #ME TOO movement. Expect lots of “leftist” heroes to be swept up in it, though some will undoubtedly be true. As the Trump Titanic sinks, this their last ditch effort at deflection and projection, considering what Trump is guilty of.

It’s not a “pee pee tape” FYI... look up his comments about Jeffrey Epstein and what that guy is known for.

i was thinking that as franken ramped up his rhetoric during testimony from sessions and spoke out against tax bill that something might come for him... as it is this is a true thing from his past.. but i like how he said "yes ethics investigate me..." 

we'll see where this shit show of a government goes.. 

^ sorry to derail but "Hard Rick Cafe" made me lol way too much. Also skimming that I thought I read "Tycho" multiple times.

I posted this in stupid first world successes but I felt it was worthy to mention here. Reset stuff with my parents in terms of talking about politics. We've had this shaky seize-fire of sorts (we literally get along just fine about everything else, them becoming grandparents helped as well) after years and years of shitty discussions turned arguments. Aired some stuff out in kind of heated way but then agreed to disagree. Said some things I haven't been able to in the past. Still think some things they believe are crazy and likewise I'm sure they feel the same, but it was nice to just apologize mutually and focus back on the fact that we love and support each other as a family. Kind of nice considering some other distant relatives have essentially written themselves off by getting so wrapped up in Trump hysteria.

^ Unpopular opinion here but I dunno, don't really feel bad for her. Nor do I find that clever. Barely got a lel out of me. Sheriff did some inappropriate posturing himself (I don't think public officials should be so arbitrary on what the publish on facebook) but at the same time he was responding to calls from other citizens and trying to follow Texas law (which again, is arguable, but it's a law and that's why things like this go to court). She was arrested on an unrelated charge and released on bond. County is now saying they won't pursue any more charges. On top of all of this, I find any stickers like this, displayed in traffic, distracting and childish. Let's keep in mind that we'd be just as disgusted with some right-wing dipshit if they put the same thing on during Obama's term. Plenty did to varying degrees and I know if I did some digging I could find legal backlash that resulted from it. That kind of backlash varies as well, it's kind of a luck of the drawn thing unfortunately...where you live and who is in office locally, left-wing or right-wing.

TLDR - I find sociopolitical bumper stickers (and many bumper stickers in general) fucking stupid so I don't really care about this story at all.

^ Unpopular opinion here but I dunno, don't really feel bad for her. Nor do I find that clever. Barely got a lel out of me. Sheriff did some inappropriate posturing himself (I don't think public officials should be so arbitrary on what the publish on facebook) but at the same time he was responding to calls from other citizens and trying to follow Texas law (which again, is arguable, but it's a law and that's why things like this go to court). She was arrested on an unrelated charge and released on bond. County is now saying they won't pursue any more charges. On top of all of this, I find any stickers like this, displayed in traffic, distracting and childish. Let's keep in mind that we'd be just as disgusted with some right-wing dipshit if they put the same thing on during Obama's term. Plenty did to varying degrees and I know if I did some digging I could find legal backlash that resulted from it. That kind of backlash varies as well, it's kind of a luck of the drawn thing unfortunately...where you live and who is in office locally, left-wing or right-wing.

TLDR - I find sociopolitical bumper stickers (and many bumper stickers in general) fucking stupid so I don't really care about this story at all.

Right on. Just posted for follow-up documentation really. I too hate all these types of stickers especially having kids who can read it. Not that I am holier than thou. My kids hear colorful language from me all the time. But, just as a common courtesy to the public.  

I have to admit the fact that someone added on to a bumper sticker as a retort is funny. I can imagine an episode of Seinfeld or Bob's Burgers centered around a bumper sticker that keeps becoming wordier and wordier in some dispute.

the whole of america is about trolling now so of course this will become a thing.  everything is the internet. the internet brought out into real life. put your troll post on your car and drive around then think of something else next month and change it.

my neighbor had a handy man come out to fix a bunch of stuff on his house and the guy showed up in a pick up w/no shit 50 bumper stickers that were all "lock her up hillary for prison pro trump" type bullshit and first thought was "well yes of course you just put the whole internet on your truck"

irl shitpost

The part about the private jets isn’t quite accurate.

there is a lot of that going around in liberal circles

i hate trump as much as the next guy but deception and lies are not the way to fight him 

Edited by Deer

The rest is despicably true.

only poor people w/jets get the tax break ;)

but.. if you consider the estate tax.. what the repubs call the death tax.. then it's pretty accurate. there's a huge estate tax break which affects rich people the most so moving money around w/the tax code.. the details at some point become irrlevant except the fine print always fucks a lot of people.. but when everyone is getting fucked then why read the fine print.. 

Edited by ignatius

^toplel

Also re the earlier twiddle, I too read it as alluding to the estate tax, what with the venn diagram of "cunts w/ private" jets and "cunts who most stand to gain from repeal of estate tax" having a bit of overlap innit.  Actually IMO such a thing as an estate tax is pretty fucking stupid in principle, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing it go provided these monied cunts (and corporations) would just fucking stop with the dodging of taxes at all costs (literally).  Panama papers II electric boogaloo just flew by the other week and all we get is  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (i'm guilty too, but none of us here could be arsed to bring it up in one of these threads, so..

I mean I hate the extent to which I'm taxed too but niBBas need to step back and recognize that taxes bankroll the backbone of civil society, infrastructure, essential services, basic administration, etc.  Of course this is immpossibru seeing these cunts' thought processes stop abruptly at themselves, and, let's face it, the Republican party is just plain better positioned to serve this subspecies. 

going off the number of cunts in the above post, I'd wager that this issue is near to your heart. but yeah, the Paradise Papers hardly had the impact on news media that it deserved over here.

^toplel

Also re the earlier twiddle, I too read it as alluding to the estate tax, what with the venn diagram of "cunts w/ private" jets and "cunts who most stand to gain from repeal of estate tax" having a bit of overlap innit.  Actually IMO such a thing as an estate tax is pretty fucking stupid in principle, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing it go provided these monied cunts (and corporations) would just fucking stop with the dodging of taxes at all costs (literally).  Panama papers II electric boogaloo just flew by the other week and all we get is  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (i'm guilty too, but none of us here could be arsed to bring it up in one of these threads, so..

I mean I hate the extent to which I'm taxed too but niBBas need to step back and recognize that taxes bankroll the backbone of civil society, infrastructure, essential services, basic administration, etc.  Of course this is immpossibru seeing these cunts' thought processes stop abruptly at themselves, and, let's face it, the Republican party is just plain better positioned to serve this subspecies. 

the estate tax has an interesting history. more details than i know but i'm sure it'd make some interesting reading. it was basically an attempt to prevent a wealthy aristocracy of landowners and 'lords' who pass down their wealth from generation to generation.  that more or less happened anyways but it's an attempt to redistribute wealth... which these days means it gets redistributed to the Pentagon like all the rest of our taxes ;)

it's the tax that is supposed to be unable to be dodged. but there are ways.. trusts, partnerships etc etc etc... basically you form a company that is your family.. the wealth stays in the company and gets distributed around the family.. when the head of the family passes.. someone else takes over the company.. what's the company do? the company is an investment holding firm. easy peasy.  i'm sure that's an overly simplistic view of it and there's probably some financially inclined person who knows how this shit works who is rolling the eyes but hey.. it's close enough for now. 

all that being said.. the estate tax is supposed to be the one that makes us all equal.

it's all some bullshit.. the tax code is fucked up. you don't even have to do anything really devious to hide the money. there's a bunch of ways to do it w/o even putting it in a bank in islands somewhere.  the tax code is so complicated because it's written by tax attorneys who make it so complex so only they can understand it.. the rule makers make the rules so they can take advantage of them.  'elites' taking advantage through a cost of entry. 

if you want to read some fucked up shit about the us economy and tax code there's a book called "America: What went wrong?"  that's all about savings and loan scam, over spending, and how congress (a bunch of lawyers and their accountants) write the tax code and all the rules around it. it's dry but is sort of written like some classic 'lifting the veil on corruption' journalism because it's written by some reporters.  it'd be good bedtime reading because it'd put you to sleep after a while. your dreams might suck though. 

Great read-up on the Mueller case sofar.

Gives a nice list of the 25(!!) investigative angles Mueller is looking at. At least! Plus a prediction that likely earliest moment of impeachment is still a full year away. Regardless of the angle that's being spread in the media saying Mueller is almost done. He's not.

The rest is despicably true.

only poor people w/jets get the tax break ;)

but.. if you consider the estate tax.. what the repubs call the death tax.. then it's pretty accurate. there's a huge estate tax break which affects rich people the most so moving money around w/the tax code.. the details at some point become irrlevant except the fine print always fucks a lot of people.. but when everyone is getting fucked then why read the fine print.. 

It's actually not giving money to the private jet owners  - it's clarifying a rule around jet management companies. It's still a shitty policy, but it's not actually changing anything, it just puts in to law what's kind of been happening ad hoc until now.

Edit: to be sure, the law should definitely be changed, because it reduces the tax burden private jet owners have to pay, I'm simply saying that this policy already was in place.