IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

he thinks denying something means it isn't true

Look, he denies it. I mean, if you look at what is really going on, and you look at all the things that have happened over the last 48 hours, he totally denies it. He says it didn’t happen. You’re talking about … he said 40 years ago this did not happen.

^ D~++~I~++~C~++~K~++~H~++~E~++~A~++~D

Honestly which one does he want more, WW3 or Civil War 2 SecretOps 2 Part II: The Cucking 

guess we all assume the net will naturally become less of a hell scape

Protected by the Beast Rebels of the Hellscape (B.R.O.T.H)

Best viewed through Hellscape Navigator 2.0 or rewer

Edited by Bob Dobalina

it cant last

a one tern presidency would be the ultimate fuck you to this dog ear cyst, c'mon Merka, you got this

federal charges and fines and jail time would be better. disgrace of his name, family, legacy is what's needed here. maximum shame. 

No chance brother.

i'll settle for disgracing the name and big loss of money/fame because that's all that matters to him also would like when one day he grabs a beauty contestant's ass or something and she turns and giver karate chop to the neck and causes some deep vein thrombosis in his neck vein then his heart explodes.. i'll settle for that too.. 

this though.. 

https://www.justsecurity.org/47248/trump-russia-wikileaks-alliance-campaign-finance-laws/

Edited by ignatius

As much as I would love for Don Dada to spend the rest of his existence getting butt raped in jail, I will settle for a Harvey Weinstein style take down, where no one will come near him to do those "deals" Donnie loves to brag about.

^ I'm guessing you're only half-serious with that remark but let's get srs bsns for a moment...

if even some of the charges that are currently being contemplated/discussed against him are borne out through an actual prosecution, any real notion of justice would demand appropriately severe sentencing, not just social condemnation. this is not just about Trump, it's about archetypal American "democracy". the whole world is watching this man shit in the Oval Office and then post pics of it on Twitter. if people care about preserving and improving the American model not just in the sight of Americans but also that of the world, then addressing this cancer with a level of seriousness and forcefulness commensurate with the (forsaken) responsibility of his office is crucial.

on a related note, regardless of whether you consider American global leadership a good thing or a bad thing, it is a realpolitik fact that in its present fucked-up state there is a vacuum within which other states vying for a greater share of power now have room to extend their own games. the Aus government released a new foreign policy whitepaper today that touches on this very concern, especially around China's possible actions in the Indo-Pacific region without a strong US counter-balance in the long term.

so... the rest of the world may not like the way you guys do things, but it has a really strong interest in you unfucking yourselves as quickly as possible.

on a related note, regardless of whether you consider American global leadership a good thing or a bad thing, it is a realpolitik fact that in its present fucked-up state there is a vacuum within which other states vying for a greater share of power now have room to extend their own games. the Aus government released a new foreign policy whitepaper today that touches on this very concern, especially around China's possible actions in the Indo-Pacific region without a strong US counter-balance in the long term.

so... the rest of the world may not like the way you guys do things, but it has a really strong interest in you unfucking yourselves as quickly as possible.

When Trump pulled out of the TPP, if you listened real hard, you could almost hear Xi Jinping banging the celebratory hooker. The cocaine and the perignon were flowing freely that night.

American global leadership? Tempted to think we need a global democracy. Not a world where some big country "leads" the rest. There need not be a single "leader". It's good for US to move out of the main spotlight.

Eventually, if all goes well, different nations, or better combinations of them, will be in the spotlight. China, and or others. The notion of there being some kind of vacuum, is just some oldfashioned idea born out of the "the world needs a single leader" mindset. Why would it need a single leader? It's not like the world voted for the US to be the single leader either, btw.

American global leadership? Tempted to think we need a global democracy. Not a world where some big country "leads" the rest. There need not be a single "leader". It's good for US to move out of the main spotlight.

Eventually, if all goes well, different nations, or better combinations of them, will be in the spotlight. China, and or others. The notion of there being some kind of vacuum, is just some oldfashioned idea born out of the "the world needs a single leader" mindset. Why would it need a single leader? It's not like the world voted for the US to be the single leader either, btw.

federation.jpg

if you read the post with a modicum of diligence instead of kneejerking, you will notice I am not advocating for Murka #1. (me of all people, lol.)

I am highly critical of de facto/self-assumed US leadership, on a number of fronts. that doesn't make the cold logic of the international power balance any less real. moving in a chaotic manner from a system in which one power takes/assumes authority, regardless of whether you like it or not, to a system with several large competing powers with competing interests who find themselves newly enabled to pursue said interests in illegitimate ways, can cause instability and heighten the possibility of conflict. we haven't moved past basic power politics enough as a species for this sort of longstanding IR model to not be applicable anymore.

saying that this stuff is made-up/obsolete is as stupid and risky as it would've been to cheer for Saddam's removal (even though he was a cunt) while being completely oblivious to the likelihood of bloody factional warfare in his absence. the leaders of smaller South East Asian states and former Soviet satellite states are not that thick.

i think you exaggerate the negative impact of instability and chaos, as those are, to a certain degree, inherent to a democracy. whether or not the world is "ready" for it is highly arbitrary, i'd argue. regardless of this basic power politics you mention. (i'd argue were currently more past basic power politics than any other time in history, and it will even still be a part of a global democracy. that's just human nature). the fact there's talk about a "vacuum" of power could be argued to be a sign of "going past basic power politics". whatever that means. but i don't see that as a prerequisite. there's always going to be some bullies trying the power play stuff. that's fine as long as they aren't in a dominant position. a vacuum implies they aren't.

in short: a bit of instability, chaos and a power vacuum are good signs, i'd argue. and as long as conflicts get resolved through diplomacy, this "global democracy" functions fine. it's likely a more chaotic version of democracy most people would like. but that's the only way it's going to work, i'm afraid. we just can't have all the stability we'd like as there are way too many conflicting interests.

i think you exaggerate the negative impact of instability and chaos, as those are, to a certain degree, inherent to a democracy. whether or not the world is "ready" for it is highly arbitrary, i'd argue. regardless of this basic power politics you mention. (i'd argue were currently more past basic power politics than any other time in history, and it will even still be a part of a global democracy. that's just human nature). the fact there's talk about a "vacuum" of power could be argued to be a sign of "going past basic power politics". whatever that means. but i don't see that as a prerequisite. there's always going to be some bullies trying the power play stuff. that's fine as long as they aren't in a dominant position. a vacuum implies they aren't.

in short: a bit of instability, chaos and a power vacuum are good signs, i'd argue. and as long as conflicts get resolved through diplomacy, this "global democracy" functions fine. it's likely a more chaotic version of democracy most people would like. but that's the only way it's going to work, i'm afraid. we just can't have all the stability we'd like as there are way too many conflicting interests.

instability...basically something on the news for many....death and chaos for many more

I think we are experiencing the growing pains of a world that is ever more tech driven and spends more and more time on the internet. A bunch of people's old habits which may have been useful before are actively harmful now. 

And, in the US, the idea that our entire future experience of the internet will come down to how FIVE people vote on keeping or repealing NN is beyond frustrating. Neither me, nor anyone I know, nor did 99.999% of people in the US have any say in who was promoted to these positions. There's a lot of rhetoric about how powerless one can feel in a huge democracy like this, but it's never felt more real than it does now.