IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

everyone's looking at the left hand and the right hand is doing the dirt. 

this is weirdly spot on, at least as an outsider looking in via various nebulous media outlets

is the US left (and the US left is mainly middle of the road compared to other western versions of left wing politics) a significant problem?

doesnt seem so, seems more like a Cold-War hangover in terms of scare-mongering from right wing sources, particularly with healthcare

thats one thing i still cant grasp about a country like the US, which has so much disposable income, that the whole healthcare sector is still an abortion

eg: cancer kills, but should it bankrupt individuals out of chance? surreal.....not a judgement call, more how this is still an issue

So today I was interviewing security guard candidates for one of the stores the company I work for runs... if you ever have to do HR stuff, interviewing security individuals is super fucking crazy. But anyways.. The dude I'm interviewing went on a solid 10 minute rant that went from gun rights, to Donald Trump, to liberals and finally ended on his postulations that the earth is flat and history is being guided by the hand of black magic practicing jesuits who also worship satan. 

I kid you not

These are the people who support this idiot. He was so proud to have voted for 'a real man, not some politician'...  All of that rambling was triggered by me answering his question of 'is this an armed position?' with 'no, the state is very strict about absolutely no guns on the property for the store and it is part of the law that even security cannot be armed with a gun' 

Needless to say, I'm going to recommend he replace me as operations director. I'm clearly the sheep libtard who's keeping heliocentricity alive and kicking and the working class in the pits. 

not to take anything away from your experience, but i had a similar one at my work.

a guy (known republican) got mad when i brought up that australia had voted YES by more than 61% in favor of same sex marriage, even after those stupid campaigns encouraging people that it was okay to vote no, to which he mumbled "another one bites the dust". i asked him what he meant and he said "it's just gay marriage is wrong. sex is about family". i told him even two gay couples could have a family simply by being married to which he answered "yeah but it's about children too". i said "what about women that can't have children?" and this was his answer:

"if you wanna play the game of edge cases fine. but for your standard family, it's about babies"

this is all only going to get worse. trump is not americas hitler but i think his presidency will usher the american hitler in.

America will eventually give up on Trump and right-wing nationalism, not out of a lockstep move back to morality and sensibility, but because it isn't amounting to dick.

I'm not convinced. The ignorance and apathy among the vast majority of citizens is all-pervasive. And there is nothing but major global upheaval ahead as climate change displaces more than a billion people in the coming decades. This country will keep its head in the sand and try and retain the status quo even if it necessitates becoming an isolationist fortress state.

this is all only going to get worse. trump is not americas hitler but i think his presidency will usher the american hitler in.

America will eventually give up on Trump and right-wing nationalism, not out of a lockstep move back to morality and sensibility, but because it isn't amounting to dick.

I'm not convinced. The ignorance and apathy among the vast majority of citizens is all-pervasive. And there is nothing but major global upheaval ahead as climate change displaces more than a billion people in the coming decades. This country will keep its head in the sand and try and retain the status quo even if it necessitates becoming an isolationist fortress state.

Hey sorry everyone but America isn't going to do any one thing, really. It's going to keep seesawing back and forth and doing all of those things you're all talking about but also railing against them and also trying to do more extreme and then also making laws against the extremities. It's a constant push and pull and tug and wank and it's SLOWLY moving left in general but not necessarily in specifics...because, for one, America is a huge place and all that goes with it. Too big for things to truly sway one way or the other...I know you're all intelligent people and know this, but I felt it worth mentioning here. Shit's just gonna keep on keeping on, better and worse all at once.

nothing really gets better for poor people

I didn't read the rest of what you wrote (no offense, I'm tired) but this statement is most certainly 100% absolute pure fucking truth.

Donnie is fucking hilarious! His latest yarn is his Asian vacation has ushered in "the great American comeback" and he has singlehandedly restored America's standing in the world...

Donnie's the savior!!! He saved America!!! (Crowd goes wild in his head)

Oh please army general dudes...just let him ride around once standing on the tank with his army man helmet on...then take him back to his golden room for his afternoon nap

If only there was a single working brain in all of his entourage, one of them should have requested that everybody wants to rule the world by tears for fears be playing every time he got up on stage during his tour...

Edited by zero

Nice one, it's probably so his remains can be shipped back to the US if ninjas kill him.