IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

The United States would probably lose in a war with Iran.

it would unite many smaller nations in the middle east (and muslims around the world) though some would sit out.. and then it'd be the most epic jihad ever. jihad part 2 the jahidasphere!

ugh this is so muddle headed

pretty funny though. his tone of voice is magic and the kid throwing hte hat on the floor was womp womp

I don’t know about uniting anyone. We ran a war game in the early aughts where an embittered marine general took on the role of an Iran like middle eastern country and easily decimated the us navy using similar tactics to those used against the uss cole. The military decided this was “unrealistic” and redid the game so the us would win by doing away with basic tactical tools like radar. We declared it a victory and completely missed the point of the generals tactics, that a war with Iran exposed major flaws in us combat tactics and would almost definitely result in thousands of deaths and the destruction of our fleet. There’s a reason no one actually attacks that country.

that sounds like something the pentagon would do.  did you ever see that HBO movie from the 90s i think.. starring kelsey gramemer about the pentagon project for the troop carrier that they spent $18 billion on? it was supposed to be like $18 million or something. in the end they tried to fake the tests so it would pass all kinds of live fire drills but some soldiers caught wind of it and used appropriate tests and blew it up in front of congressional envoy or something because they would be the ones who's lives would be at risk riding along in some death trap. 

oh here it is "the Pentagon Wars"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144550/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_72

meanwhile at trump tower...

http://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/trump-tower-russian-prostitution-bust/11561/

Russian prostitution ring busted in Trump Tower

Edited by ignatius

Not sure if there is such thing as winning in such a war, just clusterfuck. But pretty sure the U.S. won't be occupied by Iranian troops. Iran being occupied by Americans seems more realistic. Iranians struggle to establish themselves in Syria after their emplacements were bombed by Israelis. U.S. army on the other hand is ridiculously strong. If only a fraction of the annual US defense spendings would go into development aid a lot of problems could be solved I bet.

Not sure if there is such thing as winning in such a war, just clusterfuck. But pretty sure the U.S. won't be occupied by Iranian troops. Iran being occupied by Americans seems more realistic. Iranians struggle to establish themselves in Syria after their emplacements were bombed by Israelis. U.S. army on the other hand is ridiculously strong. If only a fraction of the annual US defense spendings would go into development aid a lot of problems could be solved I bet.

development aid via who though? a lot of times the NGOs get it all wrong.  if it was the US NAvy Seabees doing building projects then they get shit done.  haliburton etc not so much. 

that kind of thing is tough to do right or well. nation building is a shit show.  it's all a shit show really.. world bank wto etc.. is fucked up. not that it has to be but it has been for long time due to political pressures and one nation or another pulling the strings. 

USA invading iran would be super stupid but there's been a "Committee to Liberate Iran" for 30 years i think.. corporate partnerships w/Iranian nationals and pentagon insiders.. it's a thing that always seems to be in place.. always a plan for invading any country.

i don't think the US population has the stomach for more middle east wars though.. i think iraq and afghanistan are about all anyone can stand and the tax cuts and wars have soaked up all the cash so it's only a matter of time until more bridges start collapsing and the entirety of US Infrastructure starts to fail en masse. from the electrical grid to the rail roads to power and water systems.. it's all gonna crumble. 

who wants to have a drink? 

development aid via who though? a lot of times the NGOs get it all wrong.  if it was the US NAvy Seabees doing building projects then they get shit done.  haliburton etc not so much. 

that kind of thing is tough to do right or well. nation building is a shit show.  it's all a shit show really.. world bank wto etc.. is fucked up. not that it has to be but it has been for long time due to political pressures and one nation or another pulling the strings. 

USA invading iran would be super stupid but there's been a "Committee to Liberate Iran" for 30 years i think.. corporate partnerships w/Iranian nationals and pentagon insiders.. it's a thing that always seems to be in place.. always a plan for invading any country.

i don't think the US population has the stomach for more middle east wars though.. i think iraq and afghanistan are about all anyone can stand and the tax cuts and wars have soaked up all the cash so it's only a matter of time until more bridges start collapsing and the entirety of US Infrastructure starts to fail en masse. from the electrical grid to the rail roads to power and water systems.. it's all gonna crumble. 

who wants to have a drink? 

Hmm, development aid is a complex topic. I guess it's best to do that through asymmetrical fair-trade treaties that favour the developing country and protect their local economy, that would require the responsible governments to actually want this though. But that's a different topic I guess.

As for a possible Iran war and public opinion in the US, I think that wars can be prepared by establishing certain kinds of rhetorics beforehand. Public opinion can be shaped. A lot of people still think that the Afghanistan war is a humanitarian project to liberate Afghanistan from the Taliban and protect other countries from Islamic terrorism (as a reaction to the 9/11), a War on Terror, while in fact it seems certain that there are other interests involved (oil). But even if the US public was against such a war, would that change anything?

Not sure if there is such thing as winning in such a war, just clusterfuck.

i feel kinda dumb for not realising this but this really made me dink about how many wars (esp in the 20th century) were basically fallout from other wars. this is at least the case with WWI -> WWII in a number of ways. and also the war on drugs and war on terrorism as they are unwinnable in a different sense. and even when you think you win, for how long will that hold until something else breaks out?

like sometimes i've wondered if WWII had ended differently, how long would Germany really be able to control the whole world before people figured out a way to get rid of them? it seems like it would be a lot of work having the whole world under control, and having enough people willing to go along with it to make it work. hmmm

Wasn't there some paper that reveals that during WW2 the American government thought that after the war the world would be separated in an American and a German zone of influence? I thought I heard Chomsky talk about this at some point. But in the end it was split between Russian and American influence zones, so I guess if Germany would have conquered half the world the conflict would have been similar to that with the Soviet Union especially as the Soviet Union collaborated with the Nazis until Stalingrad. Also interesting is to think about how much the US in the end profited from both world wars especially from the first. I've read that the USA became a major power through exports of weapons and good to the fighting European powers during World War 1. And obviously it gained influence in Europe at the end of World War 2, also through the Marshall Plan. It is interesting how power relations shift throughout centuries and how everything is connected. Kinda frightening too. Who knows what comes next

Topsy-turvy that mother fucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URtQAa3Y-ns

i feel kinda dumb for not realising this but this really made me dink about how many wars (esp in the 20th century) were basically fallout from other wars. this is at least the case with WWI -> WWII in a number of ways. and also the war on drugs and war on terrorism as they are unwinnable in a different sense. and even when you think you win, for how long will that hold until something else breaks out?

like sometimes i've wondered if WWII had ended differently, how long would Germany really be able to control the whole world before people figured out a way to get rid of them? it seems like it would be a lot of work having the whole world under control, and having enough people willing to go along with it to make it work. hmmm

If you like infotainment kind of stuff, Extra Credits (generally a YT show about games and design) has a history series that follows the logistics/economics of WWII. Germany was kind of set up to fail from the beginning if you look at all of the data, ie resources etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYv-GC8DgMk&list=PLhyKYa0YJ_5CpF0wJeXpZAJp6A-sQ_M3A

But aside from that, yeah, The Korean war and Vietnam were pretty directly related to WWII. The second gulf war was intrinsically connected to the first.

If you like infotainment kind of stuff, Extra Credits (generally a YT show about games and design) has a history series that follows the logistics/economics of WWII. Germany was kind of set up to fail from the beginning if you look at all of the data, ie resources etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYv-GC8DgMk&list=PLhyKYa0YJ_5CpF0wJeXpZAJp6A-sQ_M3A

But aside from that, yeah, The Korean war and Vietnam were pretty directly related to WWII. The second gulf war was intrinsically connected to the first.

Very interesting series of videos but I don't see mentioned that Germany was set up to fail from the beginning, to me it looks like there was a real possibility of a more unfortunate end of the war. Bummer that it doesn't take into consideration the economical role of Ostarbeiters or other enslaved people (of which there were around 11 million) in the Third Reich. It would be interesting to know how important these people were for the war economy.

Broke 13K posts ITT by the way. Just did a Very Real Analysis of the content and we’ve got approximately 20% was Nebraska posting tweets with zero commentary, 10% was arguing about the uselessness of Seth Abramson’s posts, 20% was actual legit discussion about Trump and related issues. The other half was just general malaise (mostly by people not even American).

:) :) :)

Very interesting series of videos but I don't see mentioned that Germany was set up to fail from the beginning, to me it looks like there was a real possibility of a more unfortunate end of the war. Bummer that it doesn't take into consideration the economical role of Ostarbeiters or other enslaved people (of which there were around 11 million) in the Third Reich. It would be interesting to know how important these people were for the war economy.

Germany and the other axis powers' GDP and resources weren't nearly as large as the US and combined allied forces (they don't even take Canada into account here, although they may have included them in UK's GDP). As it says in the video, that's not the only data you should look at, but it's a good indicator of how long they can last in a war. Germany may have been able to turn it around had they conquered Russia, but they started out with few resources and were burning through them quite quickly.

^sure but at the beginning of the war it wasn't clear that Hitler would terminate the nonaggression pact with the Soviet Union. There still was even the possibility of Hitler forming an alliance with Stalin. But we are far off topic

sweet. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/politics/trump-walk-of-fame-star-smash/index.html

President Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star was smashed to pieces

merlin_141684648_933f39d1-6d29-41d3-9915

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Wallpaper /t REG_SZ /d  wallpaper_path /f

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Wallpaper /t REG_SZ /d E:\photos\image1.bmp /f

RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters

Ivanka's hands are way bigger than dad and bro's.

And look at the length of Don Jr's arms!!! Either he's the real Slenderman or the orange shit gibbon dna has kicked in and he's turning into an orangutan...