IGNORED

Rhys Celeste - Microlith FR016

whosebrian

LOL @ "italian cardboard".

Still, I'm not or no longer on board with the hate for this label. If you don't like it and don't see any added value in what they do then keep your money. I bet a lot of us (ex-)complainers have spent significant amounts on releases that are only slightly less silly.

Really? It's still almost double the price it should be, even encased in deluxe italian cardboard made by trappist monks. I can't justify spending £40+ including postage for 1 album.

What's the added value in what they do?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still, I'm not or no longer on board with the hate for this label. If you don't like it and don't see any added value in what they do then keep your money. I bet a lot of us (ex-)complainers have spent significant amounts on releases that are only slightly less silly.

Really? It's still almost double the price it should be, even encased in deluxe italian cardboard made by trappist monks. I can't justify spending £40+ including postage for 1 album.

Value is what a fool will pay for it.

Don't ask me, I'm not buying this.  :biggrin:

But we're also on a forum of which several members paid more than that for a "limited" TDR print with no Ae music at all.

Most people won't be able to justify paying the asking price, that's expected.

I did buy the initial Patronen A & B release from them a couple of years ago though, for whatever reason. In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have, but honestly, I can and probably will someday justify paying that for an album again, just not this album.

• 5 months later...

It's top stuff and after reading Alex's messages It's clear he has put a lot of love in mastering these, so fair play.  I was a bit skeptical about this, but it's a fitting tribute to a talent taken far too soon.  Grab this if you haven't WATMM

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

https://fundamentalrecords.bandcamp.com/merch/available-now-rhys-celeste-microlith-ii-2x12

oh look, Microlith II is out, only 90 fucking canuckistani dollars after shipping. Goddamn I hate fundamental records. Yes lets gatekeep a dead guy's hundreds of hours of work behind some absurdly priced dead format. I'm sure rhys would be overjoyed to know that only maybe 100 people on the planet will hear these tracks. If I win the lottery i'm making it my mission to acquire and rip every single one of their releases to put on the web

fundamental records can eat my entire ass

6 hours ago, EvilManiMani said:

https://fundamentalrecords.bandcamp.com/merch/available-now-rhys-celeste-microlith-ii-2x12

oh look, Microlith II is out, only 90 fucking canuckistani dollars after shipping. Goddamn I hate fundamental records. Yes lets gatekeep a dead guy's hundreds of hours of work behind some absurdly priced dead format. I'm sure rhys would be overjoyed to know that only maybe 100 people on the planet will hear these tracks. If I win the lottery i'm making it my mission to acquire and rip every single one of their releases to put on the web

fundamental records can eat my entire ass

It's a small consolation, but bleep's shipping isnt as bad as from Spain so it's slightly cheaper here.  Other shops will probably get some copies too.

https://bleep.com/release/175242-rhys-celeste-microlith-ii

A bunch of the tracks are on youtube too: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=microlith+ii

I know, I just want it in my media library in a reasonable quality ? guess they figure the audience is so tiny that they're not losing much with the hyperexclusivity, though don't know why that prevents them from throwing a bone to those who don't have a huge disposable income... or a record player

• 2 weeks later...

Archived