IGNORED

Ruby My Dear - Basic

Uros

a3124477668_16.jpg

Some words from FB:

"Announcing the latest in our LOVWAX series!

Ruby My Dear - Basic 12"

Julien Chastagnol returns to Love Love on tip top form with a 12” containing some of his most acute acid material to date - a concise collection of 4 tracks that convey Ruby My Dear’s most high-octane dimension. Each track displays a complex manipulation of its fundamental elements utilising sharp shocks, whirlwind processing and the occasional moment of respite; all racing along at a breakneck pace. A glorious full frequency assault."

I'm not actually familiar with the artist but I really love the artwork. As for the music it's quite in the vein of Rognvald and EDM i. Listen to it yourself:

Pre-orders: https://loveloverecords.bandcamp.com/album/basic

• 2 weeks later...

cVB1nHh.jpg

Julien Chastagnol returns to Love Love on tip top form with a 12” containing some of his most acute acid material to date - a concise collection of 4 tracks that convey Ruby My Dear’s most high-octane dimension. Each track displays a complex manipulation of its fundamental elements utilising sharp shocks, whirlwind processing and the occasional moment of respite; all racing along at a breakneck pace. A glorious full frequency assault.

Buy here: https://loveloverecords.bandcamp.com/album/basic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't hear it at all. 

Mix is verrrrrrrrrrrry wet compared to SV, drum programming is markedly different (I don't know the term for it but Ruby... breaks start/stop abruptly?), heavy focus on the acid lines, bass heavy.

I hear some similarities but overall not convinced it would be the same guy. RMD seems to be quite comfortable in his reg style and pseudonym too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived