IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

cumblood subforum

PT: us first world humans, in general, have so much shit. i'm packing to move and just...i don't even have that much shit, especially compared to many, but it's still fucking overwhelming and i just want to burn it all.

Edited by auxien

cumblood subforum

PT: us first world humans, in general, have so much shit. i'm packing to move and just...i don't even have that much shit, especially compared to many, but it's still fucking overwhelming and i just want to burn it all.

stealing cumblood for the DJ name topic

I had a friend back in college whose apartment burned down. I remember telling him I was so sorry to hear that and he was like "I'm not!" He said he was sad for like two seconds, then went and got an axe and spent the rest of the day smashing the charred remains of his stuff to even smaller stuff. Said he felt utterly free/unburdened*. I fantasize about that sometimes but then realize I'm only 7% through Red Dead Redemption and I got townsfolk to terrorize that won't abide my sloughing off my dastardly responsibilities.  

*all jokes aside, it is really crazy how much SHIT just accumulates but I will say this dude was also a total trustfundite so, you know, easy for him to be unattached when then is a 100% guarantee everything can be made shiny and new. 

"The things you own end up owning you" 

There's a small town up island that my ex and I used to visit a couple times a year, where there's little to do but drink and peruse used bookstores.  So every time I'd stumble upon some book that seemed like a great find, but then would never get around to reading it.  There were many such books on our bookshelves over the years, all mine.  Most of her books had been read several times over.  I'm a brutally slow reader, so I really need to invest in a book if I'm going to get through it, and when I have spare time my goto is always either work on music or watch/listen to something.  

Considering the amount of debris floating in space, and the sheer laws of physics, the fact that only the one side of the moon ever faces the earth, and it never rotates around even over the hundreds of years it has been observed by humans, is incredibly suspicious....?

Considering the amount of debris floating in space, and the sheer laws of physics, the fact that only the one side of the moon ever faces the earth, and it never rotates around even over the hundreds of years it has been observed by humans, is incredibly suspicious....?

Lol i watched a video on youtube about that yesterday... Also the details like size of the moon and distance from earth is quite amazing.

Supposedly several exoplanets discovered in the past decade are tidally locked with their host stars in the same manner that our moon is with our planet. They're sometimes nicknamed "eyeball" planets. And if there's any habitable region on them, then it's most likely literally in the shape of a ring, or the "iris". The "pupil" would be too hot, and the rest would be too cold, at least in theory.

Proxima Centauri B (the closest exoplanet to our solar system) is apparently one of these tidally locked exoplanets. But "closest" in this case is by roughly 4.2 light years, or 40 trillion km/ 25 trillion mi.

But what do I know. None of my college education ever included astronomy or astrophysics. But one day we will all have to hand out in secrete, especially in deep space.

Only if our conscisousness is digitised so we can be transmitted on laser beams at the speed of light to avoid the restraints of our physicality in spacetime tho obv.

I thought about the idea of some kind of "consciousness cloud", which would basically be a digital mind bank, and in a way a ticket to immortality. The alternative with current known technology would be millennia of cryo-sleep aboard a one-way colony space ship.

Maybe we'll reach a world beyond our own solar system one day, one way or another. I just hope it won't become a survival necessity in our lifetimes.

Ai will spawn sending out 3D printers and the like to analyse local conditions and print receivers for digitised consciousness and print physical forms customised to each habitats's environment.

I think this is going to be part of the new WATMM site.

It's like the interplanetary germination theory but for consciousness

deepspace braincum. makes sense. :)

Yeah a serious breakthrough would have to happen for interstellar travel. Light sail technology is possible now (basically or literally) but there are other issues associated with that tech too.

Y'all know there's a whole space thread right. Perfect for this type of chat :)

Being slightly oily/fatty, whether it's because of olive oil, meats or butter, is one of the properties of great soup that makes it lush.

Where does soup stop and stew start btw? I'm deep into soups that are more on the stew side. A smooth soup can be good but the complex texture and more layered flavours of unblendered soup generally does more for me. 

Edited by user

I'm sick and tired of randomised modular rythms being shat all over electronic music these days, resembling something rdj would've made 20 years ago if he was retarded. Whatever happened to carefully constructing beats. Plrrrrt squib wopi wopi kakakaka bzzzkabong

Edited by Gocab

I'm sick and tired of randomised modular rythms being shat all over electronic music these days, resembling something rdj would've made 20 years ago if he was retarded. Whatever happened to carefully constructing beats. Plrrrrt squib wopi wopi kakakaka bzzzkabong

Lol, and people spend their hard earned cash on modular synths to create that stuff. I don't get it either

I'd love to hear some examples.

Sounds like what I've made lately lol

Sounds like what I've made lately lol

cough* nts sessions cough*