IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

i raised something that i'd read on WATMM once and her response was something like 'thats the random people on the internet with the weird pictures?'. 

did she mean avatars? i like weird watmm avatars. it makes this place special.

we used to watch the funny pictures thread together. that was before memes took over.

Things I've noticed following a 7.0-7.2 magnitude earthquake:

- It's damn near impossible to reach someone on your phone within the first hour after the main tremor
- Gas/petrol/fuel pumps are busier than usual, as are grocery stores/supermarkets
- Many local restaurants and businesses are closed, and people are especially bitchy if it's liquor stores
- Pets remain scared shitless for hours
- Phone texts are frequent, as are FB notifications
- Aftershocks get gradually weaker with each hit (thankfully)
- In the same city that saw a 9.4 magnitude earthquake back in 1964, most infrastructure is adapted for this very scenario, and it is apparent even today.

- It's damn near impossible to reach someone on your phone within the first hour after the main tremor

- Gas/petrol/fuel pumps are busier than usual, as are grocery stores/supermarkets

- Many local restaurants and businesses are closed, and people are especially bitchy if it's liquor stores

- In the same city that saw a 9.4 magnitude earthquake back in 1964, most infrastructure is adapted for this very scenario, and it is apparent even today.

my brother is in anchorage right now and i woke up to like 80 text messages. also my house was shaking all the way up in fairbanks!

my brother is in anchorage right now and i woke up to like 80 text messages. also my house was shaking all the way up in fairbanks!

Shit, man. We were only about 7 miles south of the epicenter. But considering you're about 360 miles north and still felt it, it's just a humble reminder that plate tectonics don't give a fuk about us little sausages skittering around topside.

Edited by ambermonk

I've never read this thread before but decided to say I'm 50/50 on getting banned from twoism. Part of me thinks it's a right brilliant drunken laddish success, hahahah! Another part thinks I might, because of my outburst, regret it because it is the closest place I'll get to rub shoulders with them The Brothers. And I do respect The Brothers immensely.

Maybe some of you have read the mathematical conspiracist dork who posts there, and trust me I have nothing against mathematical conspiracist dorks, all are welcome. But what's not welcome is attention seekers. I hate attention seekers. So this guy is going on and on. And on. Slightly wearing away his welcome. Then he posts something saying he's not just into maths he's also been walking in the woods this weekend, he's also drank a few 'craft' beers and eaten some 'organic' ice cream. Blah blah fucking blah.

Instantly the red mist explodes like an atom bomb. I've at this point had enough of this attention seeking cunt. So I post something right snarky. So now I find I can't log in.

Me personally if I was a moderator (pretty obvious which one who banned me, I think he's called MexiNannyStateCola) I'd PM me and give me a verbal warning and say cut it out mate or your out. Nah nothing. Just silently and cowardly in my opinion pull the plug.

I'm not into sucking The Brothers Cock, but I'm well into their music. Seeing as we're on the subject of sucking cocks, the Mod and The Attention Seeking Mathematical Dork can suck Beewolf's Cock.

God that pointless thought and observation makes me feel real good.

I've never read this thread before but decided to say I'm 50/50 on getting banned from twoism. Part of me thinks it's a right brilliant drunken laddish success, hahahah! Another part thinks I might, because of my outburst, regret it because it is the closest place I'll get to rub shoulders with them The Brothers. And I do respect The Brothers immensely.

Maybe some of you have read the mathematical conspiracist dork who posts there, and trust me I have nothing against mathematical conspiracist dorks, all are welcome. But what's not welcome is attention seekers. I hate attention seekers. So this guy is going on and on. And on. Slightly wearing away his welcome. Then he posts something saying he's not just into maths he's also been walking in the woods this weekend, he's also drank a few 'craft' beers and eaten some 'organic' ice cream. Blah blah fucking blah.

Instantly the red mist explodes like an atom bomb. I've at this point had enough of this attention seeking cunt. So I post something right snarky. So now I find I can't log in.

Me personally if I was a moderator (pretty obvious which one who banned me, I think he's called MexiNannyStateCola) I'd PM me and give me a verbal warning and say cut it out mate or your out. Nah nothing. Just silently and cowardly in my opinion pull the plug.

I'm not into sucking The Brothers Cock, but I'm well into their music. Seeing as we're on the subject of sucking cocks, the Mod and The Attention Seeking Mathematical Dork can suck Beewolf's Cock.

God that pointless thought and observation makes me feel real good.

There was one poster who was made uncomfortable by the Scanners exploding head gif. I thought... WTF you fucking child it's a gif from a movie and it is fiction. So I posted it a bunch more and then a mod changed it all to pictures of a Care Bear. A bunch of other posters chimed in to say that they were shocked and appalled by what they had witnessed on the forum, that I could be so insensitive. The overall Bubble Boy vibe of that forum even made me wonder about BoC, like why does their music attract such weenies? I think there is some Bronie overlap on that forum, sad to say.  

Jesus that felt good writing that, usually when I write something while steaming from 7 pints of fairly strong beer I wake up in the morning and think why oh why Steve did you post that on watmm.  Which is all part of the fun at the time I guess. Anyway enough attention seeking from me. You lads have a good day *tips hat*

I don't know about everywhere else in the world, but I swear I've never seen mead sold in a single liquor store in Canada.  Good mead is great, it's been around for like 10,000 years, and it's super simple to make.  How is not readily available in every liquor store?  What's the hold up, microbreweries - get on it!

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Yeah you can get mead here, mainly in places that stock a large and diverse collection of poncey craft beers

*tips hat*

being morbidly obese would be so comfortable

You would think that people would start getting uncomfortable somewhere on the way to being morbidly obese and like, eat some fuckin broccoli or salmon instead of entire cows and donuts.

Naw, it wouldn't. Lack of energy, depression, irritability, shortness of breath, clothes feeling tight...these are among the reasons I'm still keeping a steady gym routine going on 8 months now.

I'm guessing you can ride on of those strollers for the morbidly obese without being morbidly obese if that's your thing... otherwise I dont know what would be comfortable about having to carry around a hundred kilos of lard

and its never cold outside , or anywhere, if you're really quite fat

just last night a bunch of us were outside, everyone was really cold and my friend's (rather large) girlfriend goes "really? I'm a bit hot even" and everyone went "really? wow! but how! it's freezing cold!" etc... This went on for a few minutes

kinda related pointless though: a lot of my friend's / acquaintaince's SOs are really similar to said friends' parents. I see a lot of my dad in my sister's boyfriend. Of course this is well known, the ol Freud joke etc. but it's still odd/fun seeing it in the flesh

Edited by span

lol my band mate wanted to cover this for Christmas a couple years back, and I was like "nah, it's too rape-y... would be pretty funny though."  In retrospect we should have done it.

Naw, it wouldn't. Lack of energy, depression, irritability, shortness of breath, clothes feeling tight...these are among the reasons I'm still keeping a steady gym routine going on 8 months now.

I'm talkin if you never had to get up again and you could just wallow in your pillowy silky smooth fat folds - congrats on maintaining a gym routine