IGNORED

Jon Hopkins - Singularity

Lewps

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the sort of stuff I can play at work without anyone noticing.

very very crisp, however I always find that with such sound design his tracks could evolve into such monsters.. the initial idea kinda falls flat after a bit

his stuff is very musical, excellent sound design, basically extra tech advert music, he's made a bunch of soundtrack stuff as well

he does live shows with 4 kaoss pads or something like that

check out immunity and insides

It's the sort of stuff I can play at work without anyone noticing.

Hah, perfect description.

very very crisp, however I always find that with such sound design his tracks could evolve into such monsters.. the initial idea kinda falls flat after a bit

Its the same with Rob Clouth. There are moments of genius but often no real capitalisation on that sense of coming crescendo. 

(Rob Clouth gets there sometimes imo, but I agree that often that's not the case)

All pretty true. But nonetheless I think that's sort of the appeal of Jon Hopkins? This track ain't bad, video's okay for what it is too. Doesn't sound anything much different than Immunity though. Yet.

calling it moderaty is a bit of an insult in my book

j h is much better....i probably think that cause slick emo electronic music is my thing though...moderat never did it for me

its gonna be hard for him to move on from this sound palette i reckons...again same with Clouth...

Didn't pay much attention to the video but as for the track, I hear the moderat comparisons, it's an alright track.

I definitely hear that with this one, it seemed like it was building to something big, then the song began to fade out and I was left with kind of an "oh, that's it, well that was alright" kinda feeling... I'll still listen to the album as I did enjoy Immunity,  the sounds are great I just hope other tracks are more thought out.

That's what I was kinda figuring was the case... I don't remember which track but I know there was a video single for one of the tracks on Immunity as well, that was much longer and fleshed out on the album. 

New track is really great.

I've tried to get into Moderat before and it all bores me a lot for whatever reason. JH feels rather cinematic, at least at times, and I really appreciate it as a whole listening experience. I love the Purity Ring version of "Breathe This Air" a lot, though I unapologetically love Purity Ring.

Archived