IGNORED

Jon Hopkins - Singularity

Lewps

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this today. If these two tracks are any indication of what the rest of the album will sound like, it's gonna be one hell of a release...

=D

Just saw this today. If these two tracks are any indication of what the rest of the album will sound like, it's gonna be one hell of a release...

=D

Damn.

o___O

That was pretty fucking wild.

Its the same with Rob Clouth. There are moments of genius but often no real capitalisation on that sense of coming crescendo. 

Strongly agree regarding Rob Clouth. Prefer his VAETXH stuff

he could do with a new chord sequence though. 

Yeah I don't want to grump around but both tracks sound like straight from his first LP. Would be amazing to get a second "Immunity", but it would be a bit weird too after all these years, right?

Sounds much like Immunity, yeah. Had some nice moments in the track but definitely could've been straight from the other album. Video was okay too, I guess. Just sorta meh all around.

=D

https://youtube.com/watch?v=t-w-XSbVDsI

me when Jon Hopkins starts turning the cutoff frequency knob

809c31cb08c012a709c1ea7051dcfd9d.jpeg

lol

I stand by what I said earlier on this thread.. his ideas run flat, a bit quicker a bit more daring sounds.. getting off the 4/4 thing..

hell maybe I should do that sound myself 

edit: just to clarify, is not bad music.. but it bothers my ears when I hear stuff that I feel has so much more potential to it

Sound-wise it sounds very much like Moderat, but it still has that abstract semi-destroyed Jon Hopkins sound. This is alright!

never thought of that but I agree

will check this out, I feel like Hopkins fills the same "quite deece" niche as Rival Consoles, Daniel Avery, Jamie XX, etc. which I've mentioned elsewhere

Sound-wise it sounds very much like Moderat, but it still has that abstract semi-destroyed Jon Hopkins sound. This is alright!

will check this out, I feel like Hopkins fills the same "quite deece" niche as Rival Consoles, Daniel Avery, Jamie XX, etc. which I've mentioned elsewhere

We're at peak Dad Electronica here. :dadjoke: 

I thought that was Tycho.

Listened through the whole thing. It's Immunity samefaggotry imho, but I loved that one so I'm liking this one as well.

I internally lolled so many times during this. So much of it was very relatable though which is I guess why it was so funny, but he takes it to new heights it seems. I guess maybe you've gotta be that detailed and ridiculous about everything to make that kind of music though? Still hits home in a lot of ways though so I'm laughing at myself as much as I'm laughing at him. 

Really nice album. As already stated by ncrtx, it's very like Immunity, but I really enjoyed Immunity so I'm enjoying this a lot too.

I thought that was Tycho.

I still need to unload my Tycho live shitshow experience story. I'll try to type that up today.

Yes, it's pretty "good", but it just feels like him going through the motions. Doesn't feel fresh or interesting in any way. There are no surprises or moments that challenge you, it's just decent background music.

This was a bit underwhelming, "Everything Connected" is still an incredible track but the rest of the album seems like a needless stretched out intro and coda to that central track. Or like a decent harmless 'uplifting' DJ mix from 10 years ago with a nice middle climax but not much else to note.

Archived