IGNORED

Jon Hopkins - Singularity

Lewps

Just got this today...

It...

Wasn't as good as I thought it might be.

I hate to say it, but I think Hopkins reached his full potential a few albums ago, and now we're kinda just... Stuck with this sound. Unless something drastic happens and he goes through a major change.

=/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest transmisiones ferox

I like how he plays with the melody through the album.Really enjoying everything from the first track until COSM. His last piano tracks just don't sound on par with the first half. Overall, it is suprisingly good listen, like it even more than Immunity

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to him for first time. Singularity is awful! Emo trance. Like Muse remixed by Markus Schulz.

lol, that muse comparison is spot on!

immunity is better but floating points does a similar thing and with way more elegance imo, shadows ep especially:

Listening to him for first time. Singularity is awful! Emo trance. Like Muse remixed by Markus Schulz.

lol, that muse comparison is spot on!

immunity is better but floating points does a similar thing and with way more elegance imo, shadows ep especially:

Sounds like a twitchy version of Minilogue's sound. But damn, that rhodes near the end needs to calm down.

The tracks build up nice but go nowhere, the perfect soundtrack for running on a spot.  :spiteful:

Yeah, a collection of crescendos that never climax, they just peter out.

Archived