IGNORED

Aesop Rock & TOBACCO Are Malibu Ken (January 18, 2019)

silentvision

MALIBU-KEN-COVER_grande.JPG

Aesop Rock has been credited as one of the most verbose MC's in Hip-Hop today. Known for his dense and abstract wordplay, he manipulates language to illustrate elaborate stories and difficult concepts with sharp clarity. TOBACCO is also recognized as Black Moth Super Rainbow. Known for working with pre-digital electronic instruments like analog synths and tape machines, he crafts distorted, experimentalist beats that intertwine feelings of tension and anxiety with sensations of bemusement and pleasure. Together, Aesop Rock and TOBACCO are Malibu Ken.

1. Corn Maze
  2. Tuesday
  3. Save Our Ship
  4. Sword Box
  5. Dog Years
  6. Acid King
  7. Suicide Big Gulp
  8. 1+1=13
  9. Churro
  10. Purple Moss

Pre-order live on Fifth Element

just caught this vid on my fb feed, delightfully disgusting... looking forward to more, love aesop's flow, i'll probably make a short trip to pick it up directly from the Fifth Element shop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yep this album is a low-key banger... Tobacco handling the production allows Aesop to just focus on lyrics and delivery, both bring their A games on this one.

Dope AF. Impossible Kid was such a solid outing after a few albums that felt like he lost his way a bit. Stoked. 

Did you not like Skelethon?... I think that's the point where he truly matured lyricaly and adopted the slightly slower but more poignant flow he's had since. He had a lot to say on that album.

Archived