They're saying on Sky the 20yo shooter could buy an AR-15 assault rifle legally but not a beer, fuck yeah murika never change

Edited by Mattthegoone
  • Haha 1

At this point, it feels like we are living inside a South Park episode that’s happening in real time.

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Eyewitnesses saying they pointed out the shooter to cops beforehand and were ignored. 

Cops probably aren't able / going to do shit in that case.  And even if they wanted to, that's for the secret service and I doubt they're tied into the secret service's communications.  Plus I'm sure cops get tons of tips like that at every rally.

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

lols.  figures.

kid was  a registered republican and gun nut.. was wearing a shirt from a gun nut youtube channel. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-shooting-raises-questions-about-security-lapses-2024-07-14/

https://www.youtube.com/user/DemolitionRanch

that news article also says he donated to the democratic party. wonder what that is about.

Sad thing is, to pretty much everyone, this kid was a disturbed individual and is more than likely being painted as a liberal domestic terrorist by the right …

… but If it was flipped and he almost assassinated Biden , the republicans would have this kid’s face on T-shirts with a gun in his hand and a halo over his head. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Big Brain 1

16 minutes ago, EdamAnchorman said:

Cops probably aren't able / going to do shit in that case.  And even if they wanted to, that's for the secret service and I doubt they're tied into the secret service's communications. 

based on the former SS agent on the news last night, everything quoted is wrong. SS is a limited number of people at any event, they work hand in hand with local law enforcement to varying degrees based on the venue, size, dangers of the venue location, etc.. local cops/state troopers/whatever were definitely in direct communications with the SS. maybe not every single cop had a direct line to the SS, i'm not sure how that's set up, but in theory the cops who were warned about the shooter should've been able to relay that info up the line within seconds.

as for the number of tips at rallies, i didn't hear anything on that specifically, but could be right now that every other person walking around in this country is bound to be packing.

8 minutes ago, ignatius said:

lols.  figures.

kid was  a registered republican and gun nut.. was wearing a shirt from a gun nut youtube channel. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-shooting-raises-questions-about-security-lapses-2024-07-14/

yeah, surprisingly small online presence, he was on some Discord channels at least so hard to say if any of info from him will leak out. curious to hear what his dad has to say, he was contacted by the media of course.

D Ranch is the one i saw last night, full of largely very right wing gun nuts

3 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

that news article also says he donated to the democratic party. wonder what that is about.

$15 to a progressive PAC i believe it was, when he was 17. not nothing, but who knows. muddies the waters a touch probably.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Sad thing is, to pretty much everyone, this kid was a disturbed individual and is more than likely being painted as a liberal domestic terrorist by the right …

… but If it was flipped and he almost assassinated Biden , the republicans would have this kid’s face on T-shirts with a gun in his hand and a halo over his head. 

right's definitely already painting him as a liberal nut, they're going to hang literally their entire argument for that on the $15 donation (despite him registering since then as a Republican...and yknow, attempting to assassinate the Republican nominee...). but many aren't simply 'right' or 'left' so we'll see if there's more info out there soon? he had to have said something to someone about this before hand.

Edited by auxien

a journalist was watching the secret service who seemed to be scoping out the shooter before the shooting and describes it here https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/07/13/nation/i-was-trump-rally-pennsylvania-this-is-what-i-saw/

seems consistent with this video which also captures it pretty well (not sure of the video source). 

the sniper raised his head a split second before the sound arrived, this seems like he saw the muzzle flash, which supports that he was looking through his scope at the shooter. it seems that the secret service was following up on tips from the crowd. guessing their visibility wasn't good enough to identify a weapon, from 400 ft, or maybe it was revealed a second before taking the fist shot.

Edited by may be rude
  • Like 2

looks like the shooter was behind the buttress of the roof's crest

image.thumb.png.7bc2f0d00c0944b3726edae2b7d71d1a.png

relevant to note that it must be common at these things for people to report seeing someone on a roof with a gun who actually is a secret service or law enforcement officer

Edited by may be rude

one of my nephews went to a gun store today in florida. said the line was out the door. typical american reaction to any event. "buy guns and ammo"

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

The USA is so fucked. Get out while you can.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 2

22 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Screenshot2024-07-14at1_14_39PM.png.3797d380a863b14f1d66fed5e1c6c9ff.png

....you would say that, North Korean.

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

58 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

11 minutes ago, auxien said:

Screenshot2024-07-14at1_14_39PM.png.3797d380a863b14f1d66fed5e1c6c9ff.png

....you would say that, North Korean.

NO! All us Americans must stay and restore our democracy. We can do it I swear! Just need a little grit, something of our old revolutionary spirit 1776 (and some cigs). All is not lost!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, thumbass said:

Whatever side youre on this should and cannot happen. If you are glad they tried to shoot him you belong in a dictatorship

But dude it's just entertainment and death would have been more entertaining regardless of which tyrant they merked. 

Also pretty sure for some groups it already feels like a dictatorship. 

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

lols.  figures.

He was a registered Republican, according to state voter records and had made a $15 donation to a Democratic political action committee at the age of 17.

Swing voter

:catsuicide:

• Haha 3
  • Farnsworth 1