IGNORED

Special Request - Offworld

thumbass

"Offworld started off with the question:

“what if Jam & Lewis signed to Metroplex?”

80s soul meets Detroit electro *Metroplex* - the label run by techno legend Juan Atkins"

Prordered as well. Really looking forward to this. Seems like this will be the only limited release as the other 2 had the option of ordering non ltd black vinyl? I didn't buy Vortex as the only track that really gets me going on there is ardkore dolphin and Belief System is already scratching all my itches for that side of his sound but now I'm reconsidering because of stupid completionist reasons and I do tend to shift my opinion/way I hear an album over time. Bedroom Tapes was just pure jelly to me, delicious sweet nectar, etc.     

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

Does it gel as an album? Found most of his stuff doesn't other than bedroom tapes. 

I agree that a lot of his albums seem more like a collection of tracks but I’d say this one really does gel. That Jam and Lewis vs Metroplex theme really ties everything together nicely.

5 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

Does it gel as an album? Found most of his stuff doesn't other than bedroom tapes. 

I'd say so, there's definite stand outs but theres definitely also a strong theme (reuse of pallet/sounds). I've listened to it front to back a few times now, the family have also not stopped me either which says something about its appeal (for better or worse.)

I like the album. That being said it uses a ton of the same percussive and synth sounds as Bedroom Tapes. It also has the same fat and chunky production sound which brings into question the sell that Bedroom Tapes was all old songs from the late 90’s. These two albums sound like they were created in the same time period. 

5 hours ago, LeftBannk said:

I like the album. That being said it uses a ton of the same percussive and synth sounds as Bedroom Tapes. It also has the same fat and chunky production sound which brings into question the sell that Bedroom Tapes was all old songs from the late 90’s. These two albums sound like they were created in the same time period. 

i love the album. and agree with this. 

3 hours ago, donquixote said:

Re-listening to bedroom tapes now. I think Wooly might be full of shit aye. 

Maybe he took some ideas from some old tapes and retooled them. That’s the most credit I can give it. Bedroom Tapes was made in the modern day and listening to Offworld debunks the idea of it being found material. It’s not even a question. 

• 2 months later...

Archived