IGNORED

some examples of samples aphex used

neurone

New to me. Knew some of them but there were loads of new cool bits there, which I didn't even know were actually samples (like the one of 1st 44). Thanks for sharing! :cool:

I read the comments, a few folks were asking if he still had info on the additional 6 minutes he had to cut. He said he didn't have any of that information anymore and deleted the project folder.

I dunno I don't really buy that. I get being frustrated with YouTube and wanting to rage quit but to go through all the trouble to research and plan out a video then just throw it all in the trash after you're done?

I mean maybe but it just seems odd.

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I don’t know how I feel about @ 5:30 where he cites a sample cd. Sounds like lazy reporting to me. 

the polynomial-c breakbeat? funny enough that one was one of the few "new" reveals for me, I'd wondered about that one as had many other watmmers in the past, this was the best stab at it I'd seen previously

Tough to call it a sample regarding 1st44. People have been using the 808 cowbell as a melodic device for ages. I guess it counts as an inspiration in that the cowbell is pitch bent and delayed but it's following a completely different melody and pattern. I credit FSOL for first opening my mind to the "cowbell as melody" idea.

EDIT: lol damn, relistening here for the first time in ages and this track counts as a better "sample source" for the entire 1st44 track than the dub record haha 

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2020 at 3:35 AM, joshuatxuk said:

the polynomial-c breakbeat? funny enough that one was one of the few "new" reveals for me, I'd wondered about that one as had many other watmmers in the past, this was the best stab at it I'd seen previously

Edit both your links already mentioned super monkeyball

15 hours ago, yekker said:

I didn't didn't know he sampled so much, drum breaks yeah but some of that other stuff.... Crazy.

same. always thought those mechanical/noise sounds in green calx and bucephalus were 100% synthesised. same with that little melody in 1st 44.

I feel cheated

its just speculation on my part but I think its a little bit of everything, some of the noises sound like samples of Ratchet and other stuff you might find in a garage etc.

59 minutes ago, m0rb1d said:

I feel like that cowbell part in 1st 44 is the Rytm cowbell parameter locked.  Same with the kick.  

Ditto.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:48 AM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Yeah the afx sample part broke my brain a little bit.  

This would be an example of an Aphex sample Aphex sampled from AFX among ample examples of Aphex samples.

Archived