IGNORED

Anyone into Diecast Cars?

Yeah I know I'm gonna sound like a manchild, (but fuck it I am one), but anyone into collecting diecast cars, whether it be the bigger real scale models, or the 1/64 models like Hot Wheels or Matchbox. I'm into the 1/64 diecasts so of course I collect those two brands. I had thousands as a kid and lost interest collecting them around 2015, but got into the habit again in late 2019 since I was seeing all the great models I was missing out on. It seems to be a golden age of diecast collecting right now.

I had a brilliant one as a little kid that changed colour depending on how hot/cold it got. Lost it down the handrail of a staircase outside a church.

I have a couple dozen or so, hot wheels or same scale. Had a lot of micromachines as well - sold the sets in garage sales (regrettably, they sell for a lot now on ebay) I like to browse the hotwheels wiki and this for some nostalgia bingeing

Also sold most of the 1:18 and 1:24 ones I had. Gave the scores of hot wheels cars I had to my kid. I had ones I collected when I was a bit older and then I had the ones I actually played with - of those my favorites were a cop car with actual working lights and "siren" - i.e. bitcrushed sound clip - and this mercedes and jeep that had opening doors. Really loved the ramps and carpets of towns and roads. Day-cares and waiting rooms often had these 80s era sets with car washes and other cool shit for cars to go in. 

There's some cool IG accounts of people who make insanely detailed/realistic custom 1:64 cars - either in specific racing colors or very weathered looks. 

EDIT stuff like this https://www.instagram.com/atydpradana/

The Magic Cat just bought up a old memory of my housemate in Australia used to get his bird to fuck him up the arse with a gnarly strap on. This of course I found equal parts hilarious and disturbing. He could of course just been telling a drunken tale. 

How's your thread going President Squidward? Flol

(it's all good fun)

I was heavily into diecast cars as a kid. Matchbox (less so HotWheels), Micromachines, 1:24 plastic model kits, but my favorites were 1:18 (and some 1:24) Bburago models. Those were hands-down my favorite, what I'd always ask for for birthdays and Christmas. Had all the classics that were released in the 80s. I got rid of most during my teens, maybe hung on to one or two a bit longer, but it's been ages since I had anything. A cousin that's my age still has a lot of models we both had as kids in glass cases in his home office, along with some car posters and such. Pretty cool to see that he still has them (along with some more expensive collector models he collected later in life), but he's still back in Belgium and has moved around FAR LESS in his life than I have, living that typical American life. But it's not just that...it felt childish for me to hang on to them. ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, azatoth said:

When I was a kid I used to beat the shit out of them with a hammer to simulate them being in accident.

I did this with a few Matchbox ones. For some reason I also did it to a Bburago MB 300SL Gullwing that I took apart and decided to spray paint. ?

53 minutes ago, eh Speedy said:

It’s all about this channel:

A friend of mine got me into these videos a few months ago. I also love those marblelympics videos from a different youtuber. I must say though the made up music used for these races can be cringe sometimes but still a fun thing to watch and do with diecast cars.

did a trade w. an owner of a factory iWorked in ages ago who had 1 of these bby toiz kickin' around 4 ages on perennial sale, shifted upon various badly lit display counters in his bits & bobs' 'direct 2 the public' conjoined sales warehouse that mainly stocked plakky crap - like kids bday decorations & *cheap* remote controlled planes made in china lol  ᗡ-8p  :

ss_comm_vx_1.jpgs-l640.jpg

Archived