What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

Source donervan?

famitsu

PlayStation 3

• Disc Version (3,990 yen)
  • Download Version (3,649 yen)
  • Collector’s Package (4,990 yen) – Includes Art Guidebook (B5 size, 48 pages), “Mansion” Designer G Trevor Floor Map (B2 size)
  • Limited Edition (11,111 yen) – Includes S.T.A.R.S. special make notebook cover, LAMY-make ball-point pen, S.T.A.R.S. metal clip, and a Resident Evil notebook

Xbox 360

• Download Version (3,649 yen)
Edited by jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

will forever have fond memories of this franchise no matter how they run it into the ground.

same goes for Silent Hill.

Your memories will be safe.

Hyrule Warriors seriously pulling on my purse strings (no I don't own a purse) multiple alternate costumes for characters, Club Nintendo DLC, and now pre-order DLC. Iwata sure jumped on the DLC bandwagon quick huh. Trying to save his ass lol

Guest jasondonervan

Hyrule Warriors seriously pulling on my purse strings (no I don't own a purse) multiple alternate costumes for characters, Club Nintendo DLC, and now pre-order DLC. Iwata sure jumped on the DLC bandwagon quick huh. Trying to save his ass lol

I don't think it will be anywhere near as successful as Nintendo hope it will. All this throwing DLC at the problem certainly won't help, but Musou titles have been around for years and failed to set the gaming world alight. Granted, most of those existing titles have been steeped in Asian folklore/historical characters (and more recently, Gundam) - but unless you're an absolutely die-hard Zelda fan, I think most people will soon get bored of the repetitive hack 'n' slash, no matter how many Zelda mainstay characters Nintendo include.

I don't think it will be anywhere near as successful as Nintendo hope it will. All this throwing DLC at the problem certainly won't help, but Musou titles have been around for years and failed to set the gaming world alight. Granted, most of those existing titles have been steeped in Asian folklore/historical characters (and more recently, Gundam) - but unless you're an absolutely die-hard Zelda fan, I think most people will soon get bored of the repetitive hack 'n' slash, no matter how many Zelda mainstay characters Nintendo include.

Nintendo expect this to be a system seller?

As far as the Musou games go, and as a huge One Piece fan, I played the hell out of the One Piece Warrior games that came out the last few years (both were released on my birthdays each year!). Even if they were just the same hack and slash but with rubber pirares + a swordsman with three swords. And a skeleton that makes puns.

I could see how a Zelda one would be fun, especially if you love old Link. Not that I'll buy a Wii U for it.

Pff, of the current gen consoles (PS4,Xbone, WiiU) the Nintendo one is the only console I actually have any interest in the games coming out.

It's the reason I'm not buying a PS4 anytime soon, Nintendo has a much better lineup for the next year.

wat

Apart from Bloodborne, there's nothing exciting coming out that's been announced. There's about 20 games I want to play for Wii U.

Does Wii U even have 20 games that are out now?

What about No Man's Sky? Hohokum? Destiny? I'm sure I am forgetting a ton of other upcoming games. The only games I can think of coming for Wii U that look interesting are Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, and Zelda, which to be honest, won't be out until late 2015 if not 2016 - I can easily see them pushing it back to Spring 2016 - I certainly hope not though!

Can't see how - even Mario Kart 8 didn't have the impact they hoped it would. At this point, Smash Bros Wii U will probably be the only system-seller for the foreseeable future, until Zelda finally comes out

I'm not overestimating this game, but it is far above the DW franchise the engine is based on, there are multiple types of magic, chain weapons, ranged weapons, etc. I think they want to add as much value for Zelda fans as possible, as you guys said this is a time pill til Zelda Wii U comes out. Obviously it will sell better in Japan, but with all the Arkham/DMC games popularizing hack n slash/brawlers, I hope it sells a decent amount.

Btw - Surfing Pikachu announced for Pokemon X/Y. If you're a player, you know SP is one of the ultimate weapons, bridging electric with water types. It hasn't been allowed in the meta game so far, being untradeable from previous gens, and Pokemon Bank made sure of that.

Pff, of the current gen consoles (PS4,Xbone, WiiU) the Nintendo one is the only console I actually have any interest in the games coming out.

It's the reason I'm not buying a PS4 anytime soon, Nintendo has a much better lineup for the next year.

wat

Apart from Bloodborne, there's nothing exciting coming out that's been announced. There's about 20 games I want to play for Wii U.

Does Wii U even have 20 games that are out now?

What about No Man's Sky? Hohokum? Destiny? I'm sure I am forgetting a ton of other upcoming games. The only games I can think of coming for Wii U that look interesting are Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, and Zelda, which to be honest, won't be out until late 2015 if not 2016 - I can easily see them pushing it back to Spring 2016 - I certainly hope not though!

Can't see how - even Mario Kart 8 didn't have the impact they hoped it would. At this point, Smash Bros Wii U will probably be the only system-seller for the foreseeable future, until Zelda finally comes out

I meant 20 in terms of out now and upcoming, as long as Xenoblade Chronicles X is out by next summer, I can handle delays elsewhere, although I fully expect Splatoon and Yoshi to be out by autumn.

I'm busy revisiting Gamecube anyway, so it's still a while away before I think about buying another console.

Guest bitroast

Rogue legacy feels like a bit of a hack fraud platformer. The controls are fine enough? But the gameplay is just chaotic and random. I know that its a roguelike (the game couldnt emphasise this enough) but the levels just throw a shit ton of enemies at you in every room and theres no clean way to manage it without just watching your health trickle down. Theres nothing clean or precise about the gameplay at all, compared to the games its in similar style to. I honestly feel like ive been scammed, buying a game thats just cashing in on the rogue hype. I had my concerns prior to playing but the game is getting pretty solid reviews. Bunch of lying sheeple.

Goes back to playing spelunky^^

This is precisely why the game works for me, I'm level 50 and I've only just beaten a second boss (the one in the forest). The whole appeal of this game for me is that no dungeon is repeated, sure you might come across the same room from time to time, but it's never a part of the same dungeon, so it's pretty easy to keep jumping back in without growing tired of it.

Fuck yes - I spent way too much time this weekend playing Rogue Legacy. Fun as HELL!

Was playing a little bit more of it last night and started to enjoy it.

I still think it's a cheap game. Like, there's no way you could pick it up, play it, and be able to beat it on first sitting.

It has the word ROGUE in title and is hyped up as a ROGUE-LIKE platformer, but it feels more like a cheap time wasting mobile game to me. where you have to grind away and waste hours on it to level up and actually be able to get anywhere in the game.

Compare it to other randomized games like FTL/Spelunky where, provided you had the knowledge and game mechanics learnt, you could theoretically install the game fresh and beat it on first playing. Roguelegacy requires grinding. it all just feels a little cheap and time wasting. not entirely fully fleshed out. and they used the randomized ROGUE elements to appeal to the roguelike craze that's taken over the indie scene atm.

I mean, i'm not arguing that it's not fun because, I'm playing it atm and it's growing on me and it's fun enough. and you guys are clearly enjoying it so there's no argument there.

but god it feels cheap to me. (oh! speaking of cheap! the traits in the game feel a little cheap as well. like, colour blindess, short sightness. upside down vision? they all just feel like filters thrown in for the same of throwing in filters that don't add anything to the game other than being a hindrance to the gameplay. I don't mind the odd thing thrown in to mix things up a little bit, but being expected to play through the game without having sight of HP metre or with the entire image being flipped vertically seems ridiculous and again just thrown in to kill you and make you start again. :|

Rogue legacy feels like a bit of a hack fraud platformer. The controls are fine enough? But the gameplay is just chaotic and random. I know that its a roguelike (the game couldnt emphasise this enough) but the levels just throw a shit ton of enemies at you in every room and theres no clean way to manage it without just watching your health trickle down. Theres nothing clean or precise about the gameplay at all, compared to the games its in similar style to. I honestly feel like ive been scammed, buying a game thats just cashing in on the rogue hype. I had my concerns prior to playing but the game is getting pretty solid reviews. Bunch of lying sheeple.

This is precisely why the game works for me, I'm level 50 and I've only just beaten a second boss (the one in the forest). The whole appeal of this game for me is that no dungeon is repeated, sure you might come across the same room from time to time, but it's never a part of the same dungeon, so it's pretty easy to keep jumping back in without growing tired of it.

Fuck yes - I spent way too much time this weekend playing Rogue Legacy. Fun as HELL!

I still think it's a cheap game. Like, there's no way you could pick it up, play it, and be able to beat it on first sitting.

It has the word ROGUE in title and is hyped up as a ROGUE-LIKE platformer, but it feels more like a cheap time wasting mobile game to me. where you have to grind away and waste hours on it to level up and actually be able to get anywhere in the game.

Compare it to other randomized games like FTL/Spelunky where, provided you had the knowledge and game mechanics learnt, you could theoretically install the game fresh and beat it on first playing. Roguelegacy requires grinding. it all just feels a little cheap and time wasting. not entirely fully fleshed out. and they used the randomized ROGUE elements to appeal to the roguelike craze that's taken over the indie scene atm.

I mean, i'm not arguing that it's not fun because, I'm playing it atm and it's growing on me and it's fun enough. and you guys are clearly enjoying it so there's no argument there.

but god it feels cheap to me. (oh! speaking of cheap! the traits in the game feel a little cheap as well. like, colour blindess, short sightness. upside down vision? they all just feel like filters thrown in for the same of throwing in filters that don't add anything to the game other than being a hindrance to the gameplay. I don't mind the odd thing thrown in to mix things up a little bit, but being expected to play through the game without having sight of HP metre or with the entire image being flipped vertically seems ridiculous and again just thrown in to kill you and make you start again. :|

:orly:

(don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled - he does the entire game in 18:09) - locking down the castle is the key to success

I saw an Xbone commercial last night, and it struck me how colorless & dour their games are, like MS is obsessed with the end of he world. Color stimulates the human brain, and in a fast moving game can really help a player keep their bearings, and their interest. GOW is really the game I blame for this trend, fucking Blazinski. Is the PS4 library this depressing as well? It's like every game is based on the look of "The Road" but how much of that can u stand?

Then they need to hype them, Destiny, Titanfall, Halo 5, Resistance (PS), GOW, COD, Battlefield. Yes they're mostly FPS, but look how similar they all look now. Sunset Overdrive looks like a breath of fresh air.

True but all those are big budget mainstream titles. That's not where you're going to find crazy artstyles and/or bright colorschemes these days, though there are some exceptions. "Realistic" gritty stuff is what sells so that's what they'll showcase on TV commercials.

Judging a console's library based on a that is a bit silly.

No argument about the traits, they are just novelty. It's kinda annoying if you've been waiting for a specific class to pop up as children and they have a shitty trait.

True but all those are big budget mainstream titles. That's not where you're going to find crazy artstyles and/or bright colorschemes these days, though there are some exceptions. "Realistic" gritty stuff is what sells so that's what they'll showcase on TV commercials.

Judging a console's library based on a that is a bit silly.

Every console has great games, but the first & 2nd party titles are usually the biggest budgets, so the most heavily marketed. I'm not going for another Nintendo rant, but their first party titles are gorgeous.

Guest bitroast

:orly:

(don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled - he does the entire game in 18:09) - locking down the castle is the key to success

oh lol. watched up to killing the first boss eyeball thing. I suck at this game.

Played the shit out of the Destiny beta, anxiously awaiting the full release, I'm not even a Halo-fanboy as I've been a PS guy for most of my gaming life, but damn this game is fun as hell... During the wait I've decided to do some nostalgic gaming and loaded up the original Quake, with a few graphical mods and retextures to get it looking a bit less outdated. It's still a great game and the atmosphere is awesome, especially with the dark ambient soundscapes Trent Reznor did for the game.

PS Plus games are out, downloading Metrico, Crysis 3 + the other one with the weird graphics. Polarisiiss? Can't remember.

Crysis 3 any good? I've fairly enjoyed most of the action games the service has thrown my way. If it's even vaguely as good as Dead Space 3, I'm stoked (why so many games with 3 in the title?)

Rogue Legacy grew up on me a lot more than FTL did. It's so fun to play, plus it's getting better and better towards the end of the game - which is really clever, not to mention the NG options and the new, reworked and impossible-to-beat bosses.

I'm also getting mad on Hotline Miami, trying to get "A+" scores on every level, waiting for the 2nd episode to come... Yeah I know I'm a little late to the party !

Then they need to hype them, Destiny, Titanfall, Halo 5, Resistance (PS), GOW, COD, Battlefield. Yes they're mostly FPS, but look how similar they all look now. Sunset Overdrive looks like a breath of fresh air.