IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Mario Kart 8- this game is both fun and fucking annoying. I just can't stop imagining the smug grins on those kids' faces when they fucking hit me with the red shell, Jesus Christ.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate- MH games really do play better on consoles

For folks considering The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 - Gamestop US (and EB Games in Canada) is running a promotion where you bring in your PS3 The Last of Us game as a trade-in and save 25$ off the price of TLoUR on PS4 - apparently it's a little-known offer that doesn't officially start until the 29th (probably to get suckers to buy it at full price first), and runs until August 2nd.

For folks considering The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 - Gamestop US (and EB Games in Canada) is running a promotion where you bring in your PS3 The Last of Us game as a trade-in and save 25$ off the price of TLoUR on PS4 - apparently it's a little-known offer that doesn't officially start until the 29th (probably to get suckers to buy it at full price first), and runs until August 2nd.

I was considering starting a 'you're buying a game twice and falling into their trap!' debate, but that's a pretty good deal. I shall hold off on that debate for another time.

*reseals can of worms*

I was considering starting a 'you're buying a game twice and falling into their trap!' debate, but that's a pretty good deal. I shall hold off on that debate for another time.

*reseals can of worms*

It's almost the same price as buying the PS3 version plus it's dlc/season pass.

Guest jasondonervan

dk2 pics

:emotawesomepm9:

Ahhh you lucky mofo. What have you tried on it so far? How is it?

I don't really have time until the weekend to get up and running with it, but a lot of the software is currently going through rebuilds with the new SDK, so stuff should be rolling in over time. I've been with Elite Dangerous since early Alpha, and the premium beta build goes live today - I believe that's DK2 compatible now/soon, so I can't wait to try that. Also Euro Truck Simulator 2, lol

*reseals can of worms*

Don't get me wrong - I agree completely - I think they should have given a discount to PS3 owners. Not like they would have lost money - in fact, they may have made more overall since I imagine a lot of people probably won't buy this because they already played it, and the price is a negative factor.

So I haven't played a proper game in a looong while. I own a (recently) broken SNES and a PS2. I finally ordered ICO on PS2 yesterday because of someone on here that posted the soundtrack, which was totally lush.

Anyway, I really want to replace my SNES or something similar. I did see someone posting that handheld emulator (GCW?) in the Super Metroid thread that looked brilliant, but that wasn't available in Europe (to my knowledge). Are there any similar products like that that anyone could recommend?

So I haven't played a proper game in a looong while. I own a (recently) broken SNES and a PS2. I finally ordered ICO on PS2 yesterday because of someone on here that posted the soundtrack, which was totally lush.

Anyway, I really want to replace my SNES or something similar. I did see someone posting that handheld emulator (GCW?) in the Super Metroid thread that looked brilliant, but that wasn't available in Europe (to my knowledge). Are there any similar products like that that anyone could recommend?

I played Super Metroid on my smartphone using the SNesoid app, and used ROM Gripper to download ROMs. That's the most available handheld platform I can think of for playing SNES games. I'm sure one of us WATMMers who is more tech-savvy could provide a better recommendation tho.

Have u heard of the Retron 3? 3rd party console that plays NES, SNES, Genesis, and with an adapter, GBA games. Very cool.

http://hyperkin.com/retro/retron-3.html

Recently finished "Batman: Arkham City" (Wii U), and I've restarted "Earthbound" (SNES): one of only a few games that actually gets me to chuckle with it's goofy humor. I like the tunes, also.

Saw this recently, and I thought you all might find this funny, too:

I played Super Metroid on my smartphone using the SNesoid app, and used ROM Gripper to download ROMs. That's the most available handheld platform I can think of for playing SNES games. I'm sure one of us WATMMers who is more tech-savvy could provide a better recommendation tho.

I guess that's available on the appstore? Did find Snesdroid on Play Store, now only need to find a decent ROM download app. Thanks, this'll work fine for me for now :)

Have u heard of the Retron 3? 3rd party console that plays NES, SNES, Genesis, and with an adapter, GBA games. Very cool.

http://hyperkin.com/retro/retron-3.html

This is pretty much what I was looking for, awesome! Too bad it's not really suitable for PAL-systems, and for the price of this (+ international shipping) I could buy two original SNES consoles. Why isn't there a European market for these things? Only one EU distributor for that handheld emulator and it was sold out on there...

This is pretty much what I was looking for, awesome! Too bad it's not really suitable for PAL-systems, and for the price of this (+ international shipping) I could buy two original SNES consoles. Why isn't there a European market for these things? Only one EU distributor for that handheld emulator and it was sold out on there...

If you don't mind a bit off faffing about - a much cheaper option would be to get a Raspberry Pi and then flash Emulation Station/Retro Pi on it ( http://blog.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/ )

I wonder if the new Raspberry Pi could run a PSX emulator...

Looking at the specs it looks like the CPU, RAM and GPU is the same so probably it'd struggle severely. Could barely get a playable frame rate on the N64 emulator - I kinda take that as a benchmark of what PSX performance would be like.

(Argh... I can't believe I committed an "its/it's" error in my post above, and now I can't fix it. Oh well.)

Sonic was a fecalpheliac. No, don't :(

I think that whoever makes those videos over-emphasizes the poopy-aspects of things. Kind of a cheap gag, in my opinion. But it was a somewhat amusing video, nevertheless.

twitch is expanding their horizons, and now accepting music streamers:

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Music

I guess they are kicking it off with a bunch of edm dj's streaming from one of those commercial raves, it currently has 24,000 viewers:

http://www.twitch.tv/steveaoki

here's a professional music producer:

http://www.twitch.tv/jtacticsbeats

finished;

watchdogs (overhyped, but I liked)

sniper elite 3 (ultimate b game, headshots in slowmotion have never felt this good before)

sleeping dogs (loved it)

..about to continue on that assassins creed pirate game.