IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Currently playing:

The Wind Waker (Gamecube)

Mass Effect 2 (PS3, I played the trilogy on 360, and thought enough time had passed to reinvest on PS3 when it went on sale)

Rogue Legacy (Vita, but is a cross buy across PS4/PS3/Vita)

Rogue Legacy is awesome, I highly recommend it.

Will be picking up Hyrule Warriors, looks much more in depth and Zelda like than I previously thought, tons of playable characters, costumes from diff Zelda games. Should be a nice time pill.

Guest bitroast

Currently playing:

Mass Effect 2 (PS3, I played the trilogy on 360, and thought enough time had passed to reinvest on PS3 when it went on sale)

oh!! I completely forgot about rogue legacy.

have been playing spelunky on vita like cuhrazy for the past how ever many months and looking forward to another platformer roguelike (will it surpass spelunky?? I have my doubts but i'll check it out). spelunky on vita is also great cos you can play it multiplayer with other people on vitas, 1 player on ps3, and everyone has their own screen and its living room good times.

also looking forward to binding of Isaac rebirth and ... chance of rain and chasm. other platformer roguelike-like games that have my attention.

if you know anymore please shout out !!

Currently playing:

have been playing spelunky on vita like cuhrazy for the past how ever many months and looking forward to another platformer roguelike (will it surpass spelunky?? I have my doubts but i'll check it out). spelunky on vita is also great cos you can play it multiplayer with other people on vitas, 1 player on ps3, and everyone has their own screen and its living room good times.

also looking forward to binding of Isaac rebirth and ... chance of rain and chasm. other platformer roguelike-like games that have my attention.

What games do you play multiplayer on? (on Vita)

Rogue Legacy is addictive as hell, but tough going.

Guest bitroast

Currently playing:

What games do you play multiplayer on? (on Vita)

Rogue Legacy is addictive as hell, but tough going.

spelunky. only one. and that's local multiplayer only.

it's become a bit of a thing for some friends to come over, get blazed, listen to tunes and play splelunky with the tv sound down / tunes blasting.

Guest jasondonervan

Elite Dangerous is legit IDM as fuck. I'm cruising round the galaxy listening to B12, doesn't get much better than that. 4K screenshot mode is the bees knees too, not entirely sure how my computer is producing these shots...

ibkXm7d1IhZ7dI.jpg

iufh02mHeQY8D.jpg

iboBjsizsSwQzH.jpg

iyuKYats8u9yM.jpg

Elite Dangerous is legit IDM as fuck. I'm cruising round the galaxy listening to B12, doesn't get much better than that. 4K screenshot mode is the bees knees too, not entirely sure how my computer is producing these shots...

ibkXm7d1IhZ7dI.jpg

iufh02mHeQY8D.jpg

iboBjsizsSwQzH.jpg

iyuKYats8u9yM.jpg

You're killing me.

I'm currently replaying Killer is Dead, this time for X360 since I just got a second copy. I enjoyed it on PS3.

Also:

Final Fantasy IV (SNES)

Drakengard 3 (PS3)

Rogue Legacy (PC)

Strider (PC)

Radiant Historia (DS)

Replaying Deus Ex Human Revolution after two years or so and it's way better than I remember it. I guess it's because I'm being super stealthy this time instead of shooting everyone. Still, the whole thing about this game being "open" to different play styles is crap. It's a stealth game.

Replaying Deus Ex Human Revolution after two years or so and it's way better than I remember it. I guess it's because I'm being super stealthy this time instead of shooting everyone. Still, the whole thing about this game being "open" to different play styles is crap. It's a stealth game.

I totally fucked up on how I did my character's abilities. I haven't beaten the last boss yet because my attacks aren't powerful enough. Really frustrating.

Edited by Braintree

Yet the bosses have no freedom in terms of approach.

Guest bitroast

Rogue legacy feels like a bit of a hack fraud platformer. The controls are fine enough? But the gameplay is just chaotic and random. I know that its a roguelike (the game couldnt emphasise this enough) but the levels just throw a shit ton of enemies at you in every room and theres no clean way to manage it without just watching your health trickle down. Theres nothing clean or precise about the gameplay at all, compared to the games its in similar style to. I honestly feel like ive been scammed, buying a game thats just cashing in on the rogue hype. I had my concerns prior to playing but the game is getting pretty solid reviews. Bunch of lying sheeple.

Goes back to playing spelunky^^

Replaying Far Cry 3 on the hardest difficulty and really appreciating the combat/AI/design even more this time around. Funny seeing the comments above about new Deus Ex being stealth first & foremost, because FC3 really does allow you the freedom to run through a mission bunny hopping with a grenade launcher, or stealthily sneaking around knifing people and hiding the bodies without alerting anyone. Also allows you to play a style anywhere between those two extremes any time you choose. I find it fun to play stealth with the bow & arrow, and then, if discovered, whip out an assault rifle and bust out the circle strafe skills. All this in addition to it being a exploration-rewarding open world game (and being able to reset the outposts once you've cleared them) makes this pretty much my new favorite game.

....even if you do have to burn a bunch of ganja fields while Skrillex is playing. D:

I just finished Far Cry 3. I preferred trying to do things stealthily, but I fucked up more often that I'd like to admit, so I also carried some heavy weapons just in case. It's refreshing to play an FPS that let's you carry more than two weapons.

last night I began playing Fallout 3's Into The Pitt DLC for the first time. jesu christe. all the ominous rumours about this place that you pick up throughout the course of the game prior to entering the Pitt itself live up to the imagination. place makes the Capital Wasteland look like a summer picnic. just the walk over the bridge into the gates was enough to give me delicious chills up and down the spine.

2012-04-09_00012.jpg

loving every second of it so far. it's so much more brutal and dark than I thought Fallout could be (not like it's short on those qualities as it is).

I totally fucked up on how I did my character's abilities. I haven't beaten the last boss yet because my attacks aren't powerful enough. Really frustrating.

It's pretty rude game. There also seems to be a lot of trial and error involved when it comes to the sneaking but maybe that's just me being horrible. 1st person stealth is weird.

Northern: I've only just made it to Shanghai in this playthrough and the first boss was easy enough using a stealth character. Just throw stuff at him. Not looking forward to the others though.

Rogue legacy feels like a bit of a hack fraud platformer. The controls are fine enough? But the gameplay is just chaotic and random. I know that its a roguelike (the game couldnt emphasise this enough) but the levels just throw a shit ton of enemies at you in every room and theres no clean way to manage it without just watching your health trickle down. Theres nothing clean or precise about the gameplay at all, compared to the games its in similar style to. I honestly feel like ive been scammed, buying a game thats just cashing in on the rogue hype. I had my concerns prior to playing but the game is getting pretty solid reviews. Bunch of lying sheeple.

Goes back to playing spelunky^^

This is precisely why the game works for me, I'm level 50 and I've only just beaten a second boss (the one in the forest). The whole appeal of this game for me is that no dungeon is repeated, sure you might come across the same room from time to time, but it's never a part of the same dungeon, so it's pretty easy to keep jumping back in without growing tired of it.

Do you die heaps due to enslaught or was i just sucking.

I've died loads, but it's becoming a lot more manageable because of the upgrades I've obtained. "The Darkness" section is fucking hard though, I can barely make out alive of 2-3 rooms in that section.