IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I'm kinda burnt out on the destiny beta.

I have 3 chars at max level, so I've done the story 3 times. I've fully explored russia. Done the main raid/strike a couple dozen times. Did all the public events. Particpating and earned 3 legendary items from that pvp tournament. Bought pointless upgrades for my sparrow and star ship.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna play anymore until the actual game comes out.

super old fashion but i'm currently playing "again" to Super Metroid

i used to play this when i was a teen hours in a row, my mum yelled all the time

this game is masterpiece, i really realize that now, the music, the design, story, the gameplay etc ....

i love this 2d adventure and evolving character type

im tented to create a thread about this game because i know many guys here know this game and have things to say, tips,

similar games to play with.

anyone ?

Guest bitroast

i used to play this when i was a teen hours in a row, my mum yelled all the time

this game is masterpiece, i really realize that now, the music, the design, story, the gameplay etc ....

im tented to create a thread about this game because i know many guys here know this game and have things to say, tips,

anyone ?

That'd be not bad idea. I've tried playing super metroid and metroid prime, and i love a lot of what the game has to offer, but i always end up getting incredibly lost to the point where i am just wandering around in circles going mental. And then i stop playing the game for a bit. And try coming back to them months later but now even loster. Which is a shame because i want to play and love the games but they always spin me out!!

Last of Us movie has been confirmed, apparently. Sam Raimi directing.

Lol. What's the point in giving a shit anymore?

anyone ?

That'd be not bad idea. I've tried playing super metroid and metroid prime, and i love a lot of what the game has to offer, but i always end up getting incredibly lost to the point where i am just wandering around in circles going mental. And then i stop playing the game for a bit. And try coming back to them months later but now even loster. Which is a shame because i want to play and love the games but they always spin me out!!

I think that's part of the charm, imho. It's linear but non-linear at the same time since you're always exploring rather than going from A to B directly.

Apart from playing the Destiny beta, and loving it, I also started Watch_Dogs.

It's alright, but it definitely has its problems.

The main problem for me is vehicle handling/physics, which are both kinda shitty. That is huge problem since it's obviously a open world game, where you spend so much time driving around the city. It's kind of hard going back to these poor driving mechanics, when you've played something like GTAV. But it's probably Ubisoft's first open-world GTA style game of this scope (I think?), so I'm kinda forgivning about that... for now.

Also.. The main character Aiden Pearce just has this annoying voice. Grizzled soccer-dad, I don't like him.

But you can definitely see this series has a lot of potential going forward. I think it will be like when Ubisoft released the first Assassin's Creed, it was kind of a dissapointment to most people, but then they fixed a lot stuff for the sequel, and obviously AC2 ended up being a pretty amazing game (I thought at least). So Watch_Dogs 2 is probably going to be pretty great, that's my prediction.

Edited by Npoess

Playing other open world games seems to emphasize just how much time Rockstar must have spent on their open worlds. You don't notice as much when playing GTA V, but when you load something like Saints Row and drive the cars around or do similar things, the disparity becomes glaringly obvious.

Speaking of, I love the Saints Row games, especially the last two. The graphics are a bit iffy and no. 4 was essentially the same world but with Matrix powers, but it's still incredibly fun to play. Flying around the city like Neo and climbing up all the towers was one of the most fun times I've had playing games, done with my created character of a pale goth white girl with a giant mohawk. Not to mention that the story/plot was funny and had a killer twist ending:

Jane Austen as a gang member in the next game?! Looking forward to that!

Just with better graphics next time I hope.

I actually quite liked AC1.

Not saying AC1 was bad, it's definitely a competent game. But considering how hyped it was, I don't think it fully lived up to expectations for a lot people, including myself.

But I actually thought the story was pretty good in AC1 (considering the normal standards of video game stories), but that game also suffered from a bland protagonist.

Actually... the more I think about it, AC1 and Watch Dogs has a lot in common. The open-world stuff/side activities are just not that interesting in both games.

Edited by Npoess

I think what turned a lot of people off from AC1 was the repetitive structure of it all. You basically do the exact same thing 12 times before you reach the end. It was pretty much a demo of the tech that they then later on used for the other games.

While I do like games like the new ACs and Far Cry I wish Ubisoft would get away from that basic structure that seems to be used in all their games now. It's as if every Ubisoft game has to have outposts to liberate and free running-like movement at this point. It's getting stale.

But then again if it means that those games can fund stuff like Rayman and Valiant Hearts I guess I can deal with it.

Edited by Friendly Foil

Guest Pennywise

I'm playing a bit of GTAV again after a long time. It's definitely good but you drive around soooo much. Its a bloody driving game

I'm playing a bit of GTAV again after a long time. It's definitely good but you drive around soooo much. Its a bloody driving game

It's the best part of the game, you can drive on anything.. and it's usually pretty amusing.

Playing Tomb Raider as I downloaded it as part of the PS Plus IGC and it's taking up 13gb of my 80gb drive. Thankfully, it turns out to be a pretty decent game! Has a strong Far Cry 3 feel to it, which is not a bad thing at all.

Also, for those in the UK, has anyone been watching the Ginx TV channel (channel 286 on Virgin)? Nothing spectacular, but it's nice to have gaming on telly, from people who actually seem to play games. The First Hour episodes are fun, even if Adam Savage is the most terrible gamer of all time.

Adam, if you're a member here, I'm sorry...but you're a terrible gamer.

Speaking of Far Cry 3, a friend gave me a copy of it, so I just started. I'm enjoying it pretty well so far. I like the stealth aspect the most, I think.

Debating on whether to download The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 today...

Do it. I ordered mine last night. I can't wait to play it again.

Debating on whether to download The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 today...

Do it. I ordered mine last night. I can't wait to play it again.

Yeah, I had fun with it on PS3 - the upgraded graphics and the included DLC makes me think it will be worth 50 bucks to experience again.

Guest Gravity

dk2 pics

:emotawesomepm9:

Ahhh you lucky mofo. What have you tried on it so far? How is it?

Edited by Gravity

still playing this. fast paced. ruined other first person shooters for me. Destiny looks boring as shit. game goes on sale sometimes. devs are always adding content. I play on PC. name is Ehggs if you wanna add me.

still playing this. fast paced. ruined other first person shooters for me. Destiny looks boring as shit. game goes on sale sometimes. devs are always adding content. I play on PC. name is Ehggs if you wanna add me.

Actually the Destiny beta was really good - I wouldn't consider Destiny a FPS at all - more like a MMORPGFPS.