IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I picked up a few games in the last steam sale, but the only ones I've really sunk my teeth into so far are Borderlands 2 and Civ 5. Civ is getting a little too fun. The only game I'd played in the series before was Alpha Centauri, but I loved it. I still enjoy alien world strategy more than real world strategy. More IDM.

Just finished Dead Space 3...man what a satisfying game. Might go back and play the other two, although I suspect any and most twists in them are now rendered null and void.

Now to wait to see what the next Playstation Plus update brings. Anyone else subscribed? Do you think it's value for money/rip off?

PS+ is fantastic. I love it.

I finished Infamous: Second Son. It was better than I thought it would be. It was great, in fact. Really good graphics, great gameplay, good, simple story. I'll play through with evil karma sometime later on. For now i have Thief to play through. I grabbed it for $26, taxes included from the PS-Store with a PS+ discount. Should be good fun.

I'm also playing a lot of WoW.

Just finished Dead Space 3...man what a satisfying game. Might go back and play the other two, although I suspect any and most twists in them are now rendered null and void.

Now to wait to see what the next Playstation Plus update brings. Anyone else subscribed? Do you think it's value for money/rip off?

I bought a 2 year sub after having it for 3 months, value for money indeed.

I just bought a Wii!! yea i know i'm like 8 years late but i just bought it for Skyward Sword really.

Feeding my Zelda addiction till i get a Wii U

I re-bought a Wii when Skyward Sword came out, still haven't completed but, I'm currently undergoing a Zelda fest by completing all of the console games (excluding Four Swords). I've beaten Zelda NES, A Link to the Past, OoT and Majora's Mask so far, with Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword to follow, I deleted my save, so it'll be like a new game again.

I want to complete all of my GC, Wii and PS3 games before moving onto Wii U and PS4, that's a long time away though.

PS: I hated Zelda II.

Edited by NorthernFusion

I just bought a Wii!! yea i know i'm like 8 years late but i just bought it for Skyward Sword really.

I re-bought a Wii when Skyward Sword came out, still haven't completed but, I'm currently undergoing a Zelda fest by completing all of the console games (excluding Four Swords). I've beaten Zelda NES, A Link to the Past, OoT and Majora's Mask so far, with Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword to follow, I deleted my save, so it'll be like a new game again.

I intend to replay every Zelda game i have for the Gamecube on the Wii which should take me until the time Zelda comes out for the Wii U.

I intend to replay every Zelda game i have for the Gamecube on the Wii which should take me until the time Zelda comes out for the Wii U.

Same man, I decided to pick up Twilight Princess on GC when I found out it's a completely different game (not mirrored like the Wii version etc), and I've only completed it once, so that'll be pretty fresh too.

Guest bitroast

Same man, I decided to pick up Twilight Princess on GC when I found out it's a completely different game (not mirrored like the Wii version etc), and I've only completed it once, so that'll be pretty fresh too.

Yes, dude. Yes.

Swinging wiimote randomly to swing feels random and crappy pretty quickly.

Playing the wii version, I would constantly get shield thrust and sword spin mixed up for some dodgy reason.

Gamecube controls feel a lot more natural and grounded into the game mechanics.

Controls being intuitive to the point that you don't have to think about the controls is way more 'immersive' than slapped on motion controls.

What a crappy fad those wii motion controls were.

Bring on the next fad please. Bring on Nintendo VR. Metroid Prime on the occulus rift.

Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Disney Infinity 2.0. The sequel sounds much more RPG focused , where leveling a figure up actually has benefits, there is a skill tree, and other figures can "crossover" if they've ever shared a comic book together. Also a few new Disney characters like Maleficent & Stitch. I gotta ask where are X-Men? It seems to be focused on Avengers, Guardians & Spider-Man but that franchise just got bumped so it's obviously not a priority anymore. I much prefer buying $30 play sets whenever a new Disney flick comes out, vs $60 for what is likely a crappy movie game.

Edited by Rubin Farr

Yes, dude. Yes.

Swinging wiimote randomly to swing feels random and crappy pretty quickly.

Playing the wii version, I would constantly get shield thrust and sword spin mixed up for some dodgy reason.

Gamecube controls feel a lot more natural and grounded into the game mechanics.

Controls being intuitive to the point that you don't have to think about the controls is way more 'immersive' than slapped on motion controls.

What a crappy fad those wii motion controls were.

Bring on the next fad please. Bring on Nintendo VR. Metroid Prime on the occulus rift.

Yeah, Twilight Princess on Wii is just gimmicky, whereas Skyward Sword actually works since it's much more one to one, the shield control pisses me off though.

Just finished The Witcher... Not sure if I really liked it. It felt clunky and awkward, and creepy... wtf was up with all that sex stuff. Not sure why it got so much praise. Maybe it aged badly.

Now playing Borderlands 2. Holy crap. That's how you game, Witcher.

Guest bitroast

Just finished The Witcher... Not sure if I really liked it. It felt clunky and awkward, and creepy... wtf was up with all that sex stuff. Not sure why it got so much praise. Maybe it aged badly.

Sincerely hope you're playing bl2 multiplayer.

Talking to someone that says theyre playing bl2 singleplayer gives me the same sort of confusion as when someone says they don't really listen to music (im looking at you, hardcore anime fans).

I tried co-oping B2 with a friend, it waned on me after an hour. :/

Guest bitroast

Its a pretty repetitive game. Feels more like a canvas for multiplayer shenanigans than it does an actual video game.

Its a pretty repetitive game. Feels more like a canvas for multiplayer shenanigans than it does an actual video game.

It feels empty to me too, compared to the likes of Fallout 3/New Vegas etc.

Look what's just got itself ragdoll physics !

Yeah I saw those a little while back also, pretty dope. Sergeant Mark IV still seems to be hard at work getting Version 20 ready for release.

I know we lot love to play video games, but out of curiosity has anyone here developed games, or at least mods? I've been coming up with ideas for years, but I don't know where to start, in terms of actual development...

I don't think I'll ever "get" the love for the Borderlands series. These games are terrible on so many levels.

All the characters are either incredibly annoying or unfunny... or both. Controls are horrible for a game that seems to be all about shooting and the guns have zero weight to them. All the side quests are pretty much of the go-there-kill-him variant and the only reason to play them is for XP and some crappy gun that's way worse than anything you already have.

Don't even know why I picked up 2 considering how much 1 bored me.

Edited by Friendly Foil

i couldnt get through the witcher, i got to the bit with the swamp. it was finishing a mission of 'get 800 coins' which took fuckin hours, and then literally the next mission was 'get 500' coins that sealed the deal.

i might try the witcher 2 though, and the witcher 3 is meant to be enormous.

what actually is there in the world of PC RPG's to enjoy apart from skyrim?

i couldnt get through the witcher, i got to the bit with the swamp. it was finishing a mission of 'get 800 coins' which took fuckin hours, and then literally the next mission was 'get 500' coins that sealed the deal.

Final Fantasy XIV

The Last Remnant

KOTOR 1 and 2

Fallout 3/New Vegas

Dark Souls 1 and 2

That's all I can think of.

Guest bitroast

Final Fantasy XIV

The Last Remnant

KOTOR 1 and 2

Fallout 3/New Vegas

Dark Souls 1 and 2

That's all I can think of.

Mass Effect Trilogy !!

Guest potabo

Fable 1 is still, to me, one of the greatest PC RPGs of all time. I'm not really sure if it has/hasn't aged well due to nostalgia goggles, but aside from that I'm still of the opinion (after almost 10 years) that it's one of the best non-open world RPGs ever made.

What happened Mr. Molyneux? :(

I was kind of skeptical of the Destiny beta to begin with, but after having played it for a while, I'm completely sold.

Definitely the game I'm most excited for now. It is basically Halo The RPG, the combat is incredibly satisfying, it just takes some getting used too.

My only concern is the story part of the game seem very minimal, but I hope that's just something they're holding back on in the beta (which seems likely/sensible).

Edited by Npoess