IGNORED

Robin Williams has died.

NorthernFusion

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I broke down at work today, which sucks when you are a male cashier.

Will love this dude forever.

The enlightened clown, a shining example of humanity at its finest.

This a bit of an afterthought, but another cool aspect of his career was his perennial USO tours. Save for Bob Hope and Louis CK, I can't think of a celebrity of that notability who toured so often to entertain American troops in combat zones. He did it in a very modest and low-key manner too.

I must have overlooked this part of his career. I can relate though, working the past eight years in a service geared towards providing hospitality and recreation to our troops who've deployed. While my sentiment of war is complicated, and I remain wary of the motives of the top dogs calling the shots, many of my clientele have been in those combat areas first hand. I guess I don't realize sometimes how grateful they are that our business exists.

As for Mr. Williams, I did somehow get the impression that he was facing a long-term struggle in life, especially when he took on more serious acting roles from Good Will Hunting onward. But he was one of the film industry's more genuine actors regardless. RIP.

A piece of my childhood has been stripped from my heart. He brought joy and it's sad to see him go this way, one of the few celebrities that I care about enough to let my emotions get involved - nostalgia turns to remembrance.

:cry:

I was literally just talking about him and his movies. Got my friend to see What Dreams May Come. He hadn't heard of it.

I really love Dead Poets Society. A lot of good movies he was in had to do with suicide. He knew it better than anyone else.

RIP RW

Man, this is pretty shocking. Loved Ms. Doubtfire and many other movies as a kid.

The most shocking part of this is that it's suicide. How sad is it if even Robin Williams gives up.

The dude also loved video gaming. It's why he named his daughter Zelda. He also played WoW a lot too. Not sure why I'm saying this. Maybe because the first clip of him that I went to look up was this:

Guest bitroast

tumblr_na6ju5gZJK1qzqd64o1_1280.jpg

RIP

Beautiful picture.

Think the last thing I saw him in was the Louie episode, which was nice and fitting if I remember correctly.

Might have to watch Dead Poets Society, have not seen this one.

RIP, brilliant actor.

I normally don't give two shits about celebrity deaths, but man... this one actually hurts. Who doesn't love Robin Williams? He was a true talent and you could tell the guy really put his heart into everything he did, from his comedy to his acting, even if it was some silly Disney movie. The guy is a legend. I'm gonna put on one of his movies tomorrow and watch his Live on Broadway special in his honor. RIP

Archived