IGNORED

post a pic of the view from your window

cruising for burgers

2 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:
7 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Is this at work? ?

Yes; and people wonder how i ended up this way

I figured lol - my old employer (multinational logistics company) always designed their operations offices to not have windows. Not sure why. So we couldnt tell it was dark when we got to work AND when we left? ?‍♂️

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

21 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I can FEEL second pic @IDEM. Looks like the autumn we never had this year lol it went straight from summer to winter ?

Oh, it sure is autumn here. But I love winter too, so I'd feel right at home in the Great White North!

17 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Oh, it sure is autumn here. But I love winter too, so I'd feel right at home in the Great White North!

If you mean Canada, yes, I'd love to see the breath taking nature and snow landscapes. Having winter 45% of the year would maybe make me depressive and suicidal, though. It's a statistical fact that the suicide rate increases the further north you go.

And yes, autumn is very pretty this year and is already past its zenith. Some of the tree's leaves are so fucking red, it's unbelievable, but trees are already discarding them. Soon everything will look grey and depressing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dingformung said:

If you mean Canada, yes, I'd love to see the breath taking nature and snow landscapes. Having winter 45% of the year would maybe make me depressive and suicidal, though. It's a statistical fact that the suicide rate increases the further north you go.

And yes, autumn is very pretty this year and is already past its zenith. Some of the tree's leaves are so fucking red, it's unbelievable, but trees are already discarding them. Soon everything will look grey and depressing.

'tis the season of the leafblowers.

• Sad 1

This ~45+ years old beech tree lives on my courtyard. Much bigger than it looks on this picture, huge canopy. In summer provides a nice shade, but it autumn truckloads of leaves. My father left it growing when he was building the house. My brain wants to cut it down, but my heart does not allow it. It obstructs the view which would be really nice to see, it also stands on the path where I'd like to make a new driveway (the current one is very awkwardly placed). But during all these years, I've grown really fond of that tree, and it's been a companion of mine ever since I was a kid. I can't bring myself to commit murder.

20201106_141607s.thumb.jpg.06c923ed23ece693ea3f02835b6f2282.jpg

• Like 12

On 11/6/2020 at 2:32 PM, cichlisuite said:

This ~45+ years old beech tree lives on my courtyard. Much bigger than it looks on this picture, huge canopy. In summer provides a nice shade, but it autumn truckloads of leaves. My father left it growing when he was building the house. My brain wants to cut it down, but my heart does not allow it. It obstructs the view which would be really nice to see, it also stands on the path where I'd like to make a new driveway (the current one is very awkwardly placed). But during all these years, I've grown really fond of that tree, and it's been a companion of mine ever since I was a kid. I can't bring myself to commit murder.

20201106_141607s.thumb.jpg.06c923ed23ece693ea3f02835b6f2282.jpg

I hear you, lol. Every autumn I can't help but think that amputating a couple of branches might be a morally sound option.

20201107_143309.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, IDEM said:

I hear you, lol. Every autumn I can't help but think that amputating a couple of branches might be a morally sound option.

20201107_143309.jpg

If only there was a way to make use of fallen leaves. Imagine if you could make fuel out of them. That would be awesome.
Nice colors in your garden btw

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

If only there was a way to make use of fallen leaves. Imagine if you could make fuel out of them. That would be awesome.
Nice colors in your garden btw

I had Fun with my Family making leaf rubbings with different color crayons this afternoon:)

• Like 3